Enthusiast

Englishtown NJ shutting its doors

...to the drag strip that is. Pretty sad to see such a well known place succumb to this conclusion as a result of ever increasing pressures of sound ordinance from McMansions being built closer and closer to the strip... the track was there first. Take it or leave it imo.

Now that leaves just Cecil County, Atco and Maple Grove left.

http://www.nj.com/monmouth/index.ssf...cing_ends.html

Enthusiast
    Very sad news. Sad for a multitude of reasons. I spent a large portion of my youth there. The area has really become a traffic nightmare with all the new developments that have been and are being built.

I wonder if more people will look to trying out a road course at events such as the ones I host as a result. Generally I've found that it's 50/50 with drag racers coming to 'the dark side' and trying out some turns. Some absolutely love it and are hooked immediately, some hate it and never return.

was only a matter of time
    THE IGNORE FEATURE WORKS, TRY IT...

Don't forget about Island Dragway. They're still alive thankfully.

Enthusiast
    Is island dragway any good? I'm only 25miles from there but have never been.

Depends on your definition of good. It's straight out of the 60s in terms of facilities and size. Nothing like an E-town, but with that said I've run some of my quickest passes there and it always hooked hard. Shutdown area is sketchy but it was ideal for testing a car because often it was easy to hot lap. I've always enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by str5010 View Post
    Depends on your definition of good. It's straight out of the 60s in terms of facilities and size. Nothing like an E-town, but with that said I've run some of my quickest passes there and it always hooked hard. Shutdown area is sketchy but it was ideal for testing a car because often it was easy to hot lap. I've always enjoyed it.
    Yeah the shut down area I don't like, At E-Town I can apply some brake and coast, at Island brake needs to be applied and quite bit. That god damn bump on the return lane still annoys the shit out of me to. Still ran my fastest times at that track though.