Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Pemberton View Post
    Any of you who want to bring something for the Food Bank of the Heartland Backpack Program Auction, it would be greatly appreciated. This event has donated over $20,000 to help children who go home hungry over the weekend during the school year, and it shows that Viper Owners are not just there to have a good time, they are a very generous and caring bunch - especially when it comes to Children. Woodhouse has sponsored the BackPack Program for close to 8 years ( usually raise 1.2 -1.5 million ) and with close to 90,000 kids who are food insecure in Nebraska and Western Iowa , the participation by so many racers from other States really makes the participants of the Viper Rendezvous stand out. Just wanted to drop a reminder as a couple participants suggested to others that bringing some fun stuff to Auction this year would be a cool idea. No pressure, just a reminder as everyone is so unbelievably generous already.

Look forward to seeing everyone there , and expect to take plenty of abuse , as my Launch Edition has become a " Garage Queen," and many will remind me of my comments that these machines are made for the track. Yep, I will deserve all the verbal abuse piled on me. I probably won't get any criticism from Bruce Kenkel now, as he will feel he has found a kindred spirit, ha?!
    Hmmm....I see a fund raising opportunity here. How much of a cash donation to the BackPack Program would it take to get you to bring your "Garage Queen" to VR IX and run some laps.

Keith I would second that! How much to get Pemberton out of retirement? Isn't that what it is called when you don't take your Viper to the track anymore?

Enthusiast
    Problem is I bought a fully caged race car and just can't budget to run both ...............and I am not retired , I am just semi - working , ha. Concierge Coordinator for Luxury and Performance Vehicles for all 17 of Woodhouse's Stores. Somehow I think I got myself into a part time position that is going to take a full time commitment - geez.

Look forward to seeing everyone at the Rendezvous !!!!

Getting ready to go. See you all in less than 2 weeks!

Bill, maybe you could at least drive your car to the track. I am sure we can find a garage for you to park it in.

Enthusiast
    Hope all of you have a good time. It sure is a Great Event.
    Most of all be safe....and fast.

Maybe I’ll see you next year....

Enthusiast
    Bringing stuff for the Food Bank of the Heartland BackPack Program Auction, so need the truck , Fursty. Too Blue, put this event on your calendar for next year , it is a bucket list event if you have a Viper. I know Mark J. will be coming up Friday and Saturday and I will be there Friday through Sunday.

Enthusiast
    Hopefully, you guys are getting dry weather today !!

Enthusiast
    What a fantastic dry weekend it was! Great people, great weather, and great track!

Pixs & Videos please

Enthusiast
    Super fun weekend with Keith Anderson killing it with a 128.09 if I remember correctly. Needless to say it was the closest anyone ever got to a 1:27 in a Viper. Our local Crossroads VOA Region member , Keith Lodhia ripped a 1:30 and there are only a handful of folks who have even done that in a Viper at the Hastings Track!! Great time and dry asphalt all weekend!!

On another note, every year during our Awards Banquet we do an Auction for the Food Bank of the Heartland Backpack Program. This benefits children in Nebraska and Western Iowa who are food deprived over the weekend and during the school year the program fills their backpacks with food when they go home on Fridays. The Participants at the Viper Rendezvous are super generous and as soon as we get in two checks from two racers we will have raised over $1700 -- most of the items were Bill's Basement Bargains ,ha,ha, so the generosity of everyone was huge!!!! Just proud to be associated with the drivers and friends as Woodhouse helps raise 1.2 to 1.5 million each year for the Backpack Program and Viper Owners always join in! Thanks to everyone who gave so generously and a special thank you to Scott Manwell who brought stuff from home to help out --- you are one super generous and considerate soul, love you man!!!

Enthusiast
    One last , super cool note about the event. Kurt Robinson and his wife were coming to the Event this year , but there was a relative in the family that passed away and they were not going to be able to come. He called George Anderson ( Track Manager and part owner ) and told him he was sorry they would not be able to attend due to this unfortunate situation. What he and his wife did showed why they are such a class act, as he said , " Keep the money , just buy a drink for everyone there from us at your Banquet. "

Thanks from everyone to the Robinsons and we will make it up to you in kind when you come next year!

Quote Originally Posted by FrankBarba View Post
    Pixs & Videos please
    Here's a short cell phone video I took at turn one. Some of the diehards running late in the hot afternoon.

Enthusiast
    Super fun weekend with Keith Anderson killing it with a 128.09 if I remember correctly. Needless to say it was the closest anyone ever got to a 1:27 in a Viper. Our local Crossroads VOA Region member , Keith Lodhia ripped a 1:30 and there are only a handful of folks who have even done that in a Viper at the Hastings Track!! Great time and dry asphalt all weekend!!

On another note, every year during our Awards Banquet we do an Auction for the Food Bank of the Heartland Backpack Program. This benefits children in Nebraska and Western Iowa who are food deprived over the weekend and during the school year the program fills their backpacks with food when they go home on Fridays. The Participants at the Viper Rendezvous are super generous and as soon as we get in two checks from two racers we will have raised over $1700 -- most of the items were Bill's Basement Bargains ,ha,ha, so the generosity of everyone was huge!!!! Just proud to be associated with the drivers and friends as Woodhouse helps raise 1.2 to 1.5 million each year for the Backpack Program and Viper Owners always join in! Thanks to everyone who gave so generously and a special thank you to Scott Manwell who brought stuff from home to help out --- you are one super generous and considerate soul, love you man!!!
    1:28.09 is FLYING! Great lap!

Enthusiast
    Here are a couple of pics from the cell. I have tons of video from the go pro and a DSLR, but will need time to get that stuff uploaded. I can’t say enough good things about this event. Awesome people and well ran. Thank you Ryan and team for putting this event on and can’t wait for the 10th next year! Worth the trip viper people!!!

FAEDE5B6-3158-40B8-8C50-3B65A8816711.jpg827C70B3-ECC0-4B80-A9E8-29ED545AFB66.jpgD0E67F8A-BA80-445B-8747-97447FE476E9.jpg5D0BE700-620F-4B7D-A977-0FB17B8B8FFC.jpgC3621CE0-A5A8-4584-B53C-30C7F8AEB409.jpg

Enthusiast
    Old man can't count , but as soon as we get checks from a couple of the racers we will have raised over $1900 for the BackPack Program --thanks super fast and generous Viper Racers!!!

Had a wonderful time seeing all my old friends and some new ones, makes me question leaving the Vipers lol. Glad that everyone had a great time and that the weather could not have been much nicer for this event yet again. See you all again next year hopefully!

Viper Rendezvous X

Viper Rendezvous X

June 7-9, 2019

Registration opening in November.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LR9a9kMF4cg

Viper Rendezvous X.jpg

All signed up for 3 days..!

Looking forward to meeting everyone. If I can coordinate it, I hope to squeeze in a few tracks on the way out and back.

Looking forward to meeting everyone. If I can coordinate it, I hope to squeeze in a few tracks on the way out and back.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Exhlr8n View Post

Excellent! I can't wait to meet you finally, Tom!

The ole' girl is gonna look a little differently the next time you see her.

EDIT: Just realized you posted in the 2018 thread, c'mon old man haha

Quote Originally Posted by 13COBRA View Post
    Excellent! I can't wait to meet you finally, Tom!

The ole' girl is gonna look a little differently the next time you see her.

EDIT: Just realized you posted in the 2018 thread, c'mon old man haha
    Well I guess I'm late to the Party.

Look forward to meeting you and seeing the car.

Enthusiast
    Those of you who have not run here with the new asphalt repave will need to work out your neck muscles to be able to stand the new G Forces, ha. It is super fast now and most drivers are running 3-4 seconds faster than ever before. I look forward to seeing a bunch of my old friends, and having run the new surface I will also mention it is quite easy on tires. Those of you who remember the track liked to consume rubber products will be very shocked, it actually just caresses your tyres now! It is a gentle and loving course and you will leave with a smile on your face!

There could be another new track record as folks running with NASA dropped times in almost every Class.

See you in June.

Enthusiast
    Those of you who have not run here with the new asphalt repave will need to work out your neck muscles to be able to stand the new G Forces, ha. It is super fast now and most drivers are running 3-4 seconds faster than ever before. I look forward to seeing a bunch of my old friends, and having run the new surface I will also mention it is quite easy on tires. Those of you who remember the track liked to consume rubber products will be very shocked, it actually just caresses your tyres now! It is a gentle and loving course and you will leave with a smile on your face!

There could be another new track record as folks running with NASA dropped times in almost every Class.

See you in June.
    I'm shooting for the new record

Glad to hear you're gonna be there old man.

Enthusiast
    For those of you who haven't seen me for awhile , I will be the old bald fart talking everyone's ear off telling them how damn fast I used to be. No, I will not be driving my Launch Edition Viper, primarily because if I don't go fast enough I won't be able to dazzle anyone with how faaassstt I used to be, ha. Seriously, I hope to see all of you and I chatted with Ryan not too long ago and there were 9 spots left.

PS - Nick, let me drive your car and I will give you all the secrets I have from over 7,000 to 8,000 miles on MPH!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast