Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Enthusiast

Handguns, Long guns, SBR's, Silencers, AOW's and things that go BOOM!

Since there is apparently a large number of conservative types here a gun general chitchat thread is probably a good idea. I like things that go boom, I have a few devices that take a loud boom and make it into a pffft sound.

I've owned a 50BMG, and a few other oddball items along with plenty of 308's, 45's, and others.

How bout you guys/gals? Pictures welcome.

Enthusiast
    I have a Ruger Super Blackhawk 44 in stainless with a 9 inch barrel and a scope. It is the peacemaker

Bruce

Just picked up a beautiful AR-15 that is a limited run (30) commemorating our lost seal team in 05

Never forget, Never forgive !!!!

Matt

Here are my 3 toys all smith and wesson M&Ps
    Attached Images Attached Images

You stupid people should be ashamed of yourselves for being proud to have such senseless instruments of destruction!
    There is no need for civilians to own weapons. Our government will protect us, and all guns do are promote violence.
    I'm so happy someone finally "gets it", and I hope his petition gains enough traction to become a reality. I've already signed it. Will you?

http://www.infowars.com/students-sig...tration-camps/

Quote Originally Posted by TowDawg View Post
    You stupid people should be ashamed of yourselves for being proud to have such senseless instruments of destruction!
    There is no need for civilians to own weapons. Our government will protect us, and all guns do are promote violence.
    I'm so happy someone finally "gets it", and I hope his petition gains enough traction to become a reality. I've already signed it. Will you?

http://www.infowars.com/students-sig...tration-camps/
    OMG see what we have to deal with in Cali???

This guy makes a really loud boom and belches fire! 1947 Russian Mosin Nagant M44.

Not my pic but you get the idea:

Last edited by Back In Black; 02-06-2014 at 11:20 PM.

A couple more of my range toys. Evil black rifles:

Last edited by Back In Black; 02-06-2014 at 08:13 PM.

I keep this one at the ready for closer encounters:

Enthusiast
    Westchester, New York/North myrtle beach SC
    I have a gun safe filled with stuff that are now illegal in NY,I also have a Armalite 50 cal that is perfectly legal here,go figure !

In case anybody is listening I have no firearms to speak of!!

I figure with all the statements and pictures this is a good

place to state this fact.

Skeeter

Enthusiast
    I have a de-commissioned rifle a Russian Mosin Nagant 1891/30, The date on the barrel is 1939!

I often think what that gun must have gone through in WW2 and after before my purchase?

A real piece of history.
    Last edited by Fatboy 18; 02-07-2014 at 01:16 PM. Reason: Put in the correct model of Rifle

Enthusiast
    Great thread!

I love guns.

I only have 1 right now, 38 s&w snubnose. I have a permit to pack heat.

Enthusiast
    My Evil Black Rifle, a Mossberg 715T(really just a .22 Plinkster in Evil Black cloths).

The Mighty Mosin, a 1932 Tula Hex receiver, currently being refinished. Given it's age and the state of the Soviet Union in the beginning of WWII, there's nearly a 100% chance it has been fired at real, actual Nazis.

My Soumi M31's. Receivers are torched to ATF specs and firing pins are ground off. Both will be converted into legal closed bolt semi-autos, one is going back to it's original appearance, the other will be a Thompson clone.

And last but not least, my pistol. Yes, it's Legos, and yes it shoots...Legos.
    Last edited by Bugman Jeff; 02-07-2014 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatboy 18 View Post
    I have a de-commissioned rifle a Russian Mosin Nagant M44, The date on the barrel is 1939!

I often think what that gun must have gone through in WW2 and after before my purchase?

A real piece of history.
    If the date on the receiver is 1939 then it's not a M44. The 44 means 1944. They actually started building them in mid to late '43 but full production didn't start until '44 after they were deemed a successful design.

You might have a M38 if it's the shorter carbine (see my pic below for a comparison) otherwise it's a 91/30. The M38's' were built from 1939 to 1944 when they were replaced by the M44. The M38 does not have an attached bayonet like the M44. Other than that, they're virtually identical.

The Russians built millions of these things. Yours was most certainly issued. However, the M38 carbine was not normally issued to combat troops so it's use in actual combat is doubtful.

They are tough guns. Here's an entertaining video of a couple guys trying to destroy a 91/30:

Here's a pic of my '47 Mosin M44 next to my '43 Mosin 91/30:

Last edited by Back In Black; 02-07-2014 at 11:31 AM.

My 9mm Smith I carry at all times!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Enthusiast
    Thanks for the information, I've just dug out the Deactivation Certicate,

My mistake, Its a Mosin Nagant 1891/30 Barrel length 29" I've got the bayonet for it too, so I might not be able to fire it but an intruder would get the Point!

Enthusiast
    I have a de-commissioned rifle a Russian Mosin Nagant M44, The date on the barrel is 1939!

A real piece of history.
    I have a Mosin and it's really well-built. I put a monte carlo stock on it. The monte carlo stock really lightens it.

Enthusiast
    The Norcal Viper Club is having a "Guns & Vipers in the spring -- everyone's invited.

Here's some photos:

http://www.photovisionone.com/Events...3014&k=fvQpPMg
    Last edited by 100; 02-07-2014 at 12:33 PM.

Last edited by Hothonda; 02-08-2014 at 06:42 AM.

Enthusiast
    I'm intrigued, what is the purpose of the metal bridge on top of the main barrel?

Enthusiast
    My mistake, Its a Mosin Nagant 1891/30 Barrel length 29" I've got the bayonet for it too, so I might not be able to fire it but an intruder would get the Point!
    As demonstrated in the torture test video, they make excellent clubs too
    Last edited by Bugman Jeff; 02-07-2014 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 100 View Post
    I have a Mosin and it's really well-built. I put a monte carlo stock on it. The monte carlo stock really lightens it.
    Cool. I plan on doing that to one of my 91/30's. Going to shorten and re-crown the barrel as well and add a scope. Too many projects, too little time.
    Last edited by Back In Black; 02-07-2014 at 03:12 PM.

I'm intrigued, what is the purpose of the metal bridge on top of the main barrel?
    If you're asking about the trap guns...the ribs are what you sight off of although you only see them in your peripheral
    vision when shooting. The taller the rib, the more "heads up" your eyes are for better vision - that's the short story.

They are adjustable (both rib & stock) for point of impact over point of aim. At 35 yards the lead shot drops about 4" because of gravity so many compensate w/higher shooting guns.

Trap guns for many are set with higher points of impact vs hunting fowl. The target is always rising & going away in ATA trap.
    Last edited by Hothonda; 02-07-2014 at 01:26 PM.

Enthusiast
    Thanks for the Information Hothonda, Yes that was the information I was looking for

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast