Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    In Ohio I've had my CCW since it became legal. Lately I've been carrying a 45/410 derringer (000 buck shells) with a driving holster. In the Viper I found it was difficult, to get access to my gun sitting down. With the driving holster it's carried just left of my belt buckle (very accessible siting or standing) and with the 410 shells it gives me a nine inch spread at ten feet. The down side is it only carries two rounds, then reload, I also have a belt clip with ten additional rounds.

We drive cars that are very visible and vulnerable, I don't want to be in a position wishing I had taken due precautions.

I keep my Glock in a blackhawk holster and just put between my waist and the center console. Basically where it would be on my belt but at the right angle for being able to draw it. Plus it allows me to stash it in the car before I stand up so people don't see me putting a gun in the car that they may want to smash and grab. So just a thought if you are looking for other options.

Enthusiast
    Wearing ear protection? You sissy! Just kidding. I actually wear plugs and muffs. A bit overly catious but I am a musician and am sensitive about my ears. I have never heard one of those fire up close. My 50 revolver is cartoonishly loud though. And the rounds on that thing are about 7" long, correct? That's a lot of boom behind that bullet.

Quote Originally Posted by FrgMstr View Post
    One of my favorite toys.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vprbite View Post
    Wearing ear protection? You sissy! Just kidding. I actually wear plugs and muffs. A bit overly catious but I am a musician and am sensitive about my ears. I have never heard one of those fire up close. My 50 revolver is cartoonishly loud though. And the rounds on that thing are about 7" long, correct? That's a lot of boom behind that bullet.
    If you are near one close when it fires, say within 50 yards, it is not so much about hearing it as feeling the concussion in your chest.

Enthusiast
    After buying 2 guns last year, I told myself OK no more. Well here we are early 2015 and I bought about 6 last year. I'm also in the process of selling my Glock 23 to a friend and it will be replaced with an H&K USP 45 in 9 days. Just signed the CA paperwork yesterday and in the next 9 days they will be making sure that I'm not a criminal or terrorist. Once they google, uhm I mean research me, and see that I'm no such thing I can go pick it up.

I see a lot of love for the Mosin here, it was my first gun, $129 at Big 5. How can you not love it? HOWEVER, that all changed when I went to buy my GP100 and Turner's had a lonely Lee-Enfield sitting there for $100. For $100 how could I not buy it? Ever since I got it, it's my favorite bolt action rifle to shoot. I actually hate shooting the Mosin now because the bolt is so stiff compared to the super smooth LE.

Here is a picture of everything I have minus my Glock 23 and Ruger GP100 357 w/ 6 inch barrel. From top to bottom: 1820s era Kentucky Rifle, Remington 870 Police Magnum, Romanian AK, Tikka T3 Tactical (308) w/ IOR Valdada Scope, Czech VZ 24, Lee Enfield No4 Mk1 and Mosin Nagant 1891/30.

Have a few more I would like to add but this year I want to spend more time shooting them. I just hate the public ranges and am in the process of trying to find some close desert out here in SoCal where I can shoot.
    photo.jpg

Enthusiast
    Was getting some things together to head down to south Texas next week and took a family photo. Got 5 more 6920s in safe still wrapped up in plastic that did not make the pic.

I got you beat!!

Enthusiast
    If you are near one close when it fires, say within 50 yards, it is not so much about hearing it as feeling the concussion in your chest.

I believe that for sure. BOOM!

Enthusiast
    For those intersted, a friend of mine opened a gun store/armory that does hydroprinting on firearms but also does car parts. I might have a few pieces done on the Viper. Anyway, if anyone is interested, check em out here

https://www.facebook.com/DevilDawgHydrographics

Hydroprinting on guns (they do car parts too) isn't everyone's style but I actually kinda like it. For some guns. Not classics, of course. But digital camo on an AR-15 looks cool to me. Or carbon fiber. Though I would NEVER fire an AR actually made out of carbon fiber. I believe that is asking for trouble.

Enthusiast
    Here are a few of my favorites of the many I owned before the boat accident when they all sank.
    IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0086.jpg
    IMG_0251.jpg
    IMG_0414.jpg

Enthusiast
    I just saw this thread. Great collections. I'm personally a black rifle fan and build all my own. My favorite build so far...DDLES 9mm glock mag AR lower SBR with 5" Noveske barrel and AAC TiRant can.

Enthusiast
    I can't stand shaky videos, and here I am posting one. Started this project 15 years ago, finished it a few weeks ago:

Just in case the 454 casule round wasnt enough, this one shoots 410 minis shotgun shells...
    20150304_192843.jpg

20150304_192923.jpg

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dajerseyviper View Post
    Just in case the 454 casule round wasnt enough, this one shoots 410 minis shotgun shells...
    20150304_192843.jpg

20150304_192923.jpg
    Good God! What's the recoil on that thing?

As I live in the great (sarcasm) state of CT, I can only say, I have some in my safe that I love but with our current Gov, I will keep that private for now lol! Keep em coming as I do really enjoy seeing what everyone else has! Carry my Glock 22 with some toys daily (work) and not at work 99.9% of the time. The other .1% is my .380 Kel Tec.I'm like the old saying....don't leave home without it!

Quote Originally Posted by Fatboy 18 View Post
    Good God! What's the recoil on that thing?
    Not bad, cause it pretty heavy..

Quote Originally Posted by MalingatorGTS View Post
    As I live in the great (sarcasm) state of CT, I can only say, I have some in my safe that I love but with our current Gov, I will keep that private for now lol! Keep em coming as I do really enjoy seeing what everyone else has! Carry my Glock 22 with some toys daily (work) and not at work 99.9% of the time. The other .1% is my .380 Kel Tec.I'm like the old saying....don't leave home without it!
    I have a Kel-Tec KSG shotgun. LOVE IT!!!

Enthusiast
    My Viper is causing trouble with my gun buying addiction. I was getting ready to get my first full auto rifle but now I want to do the exhaust on my Viper. I think I might go ahead with the machine gun first because they are just going up in value since there is such a limited number of them. Exhaust can happen later this year. This is the one I want - Ruger AAC 556
    image.jpg

Nice! The exhaust will always be there. I can't wait to retire and leave this stupid state and the BS crazy gun laws that do nothing to stop crime really are a joke!

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugman Jeff View Post
    I can't stand shaky videos, and here I am posting one. Started this project 15 years ago, finished it a few weeks ago:

Really like that Musketoon! Great job!

I keep my Glock in a blackhawk holster and just put between my waist and the center console. So just a thought if you are looking for other options.
    I keep mine in my purse, the make man-purses you know, I think?

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by atw77 View Post
    My Viper is causing trouble with my gun buying addiction. I was getting ready to get my first full auto rifle but now I want to do the exhaust on my Viper. I think I might go ahead with the machine gun first because they are just going up in value since there is such a limited number of them. Exhaust can happen later this year. This is the one I want - Ruger AAC 556
    image.jpg
    That Ruger would be awesome! I have a "restricted" Mini-14 GB and love that rifle. Reliable, light, easy to maintain, threaded barrel, reasonably accurate, and stainless. What's not to like?

Enthusiast
    really want one of the new glock 43's

i don't know why

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperSmith View Post
    really want one of the new glock 43's

i don't know why
    That's the sub compact .45 right? If so,I hear ya. I love Glocks because they don't have many moving parts and if you know one gun, you know the platform for all of them. Parts are just bigger or smaller. I am a big fan of the KISS principle.

As far as why you want one, I am assuming because you are a criminal. Both Hilary Clinton and Joe Biden said normal law abiding people have no need or guns like that. And they are two of the brightest minds we have.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dajerseyviper View Post
    Not bad, cause it pretty heavy..
    I have the S&W 50 cal snub nose as my emergency carry gun in the wilderness. The recoil is intense, but not as crazy as you might think. I compare it to a 44 mag. The gun is heavy, and it has a pretty good grip on it. You gotta hold on to that thing like you are choking the life out of it but I have never really had a problem with it. Of course, I shoot the lighter loads. I think they are 325 grain. Those are the light loads. The heavy ones are pretty nuts, I must admit.

Enthusiast
    That's the sub compact .45 right? If so,I hear ya. I love Glocks because they don't have many moving parts and if you know one gun, you know the platform for all of them. Parts are just bigger or smaller. I am a big fan of the KISS principle.

As far as why you want one, I am assuming because you are a criminal. Both Hilary Clinton and Joe Biden said normal law abiding people have no need or guns like that. And they are two of the brightest minds we have.
    it is their new single stack 9mm

http://us.glock.com/products/model/g43

I have the S&W 50 cal snub nose as my emergency carry gun in the wilderness. The recoil is intense, but not as crazy as you might think. I compare it to a 44 mag. The gun is heavy, and it has a pretty good grip on it. You gotta hold on to that thing like you are choking the life out of it but I have never really had a problem with it. Of course, I shoot the lighter loads. I think they are 325 grain. Those are the light loads. The heavy ones are pretty nuts, I must admit.
    I havent shot the Casule rounds out of it yet. It shoots the 454, 410 and 45 long...Very versatile gun, its the Taurus Raging Judge Magnum..My wife loves it more than the little Glock 30.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast