Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboy 18 View Post
    Ok I have a question that perhaps someone with Type font skills will know.

Can anyone tell me the type font used for the race car numbers on the Autoart 1998 Red, white and Blue vipers?
    Does anyone know anyone who makes waterslide transfers for 1/18 race cars, I purchased an additional No 51 1998 Autoart Le mans GTS-R and want the Number 50 printed. Drivers Name change would also be good.
    I don't know for sure, but I would guess you could take it to a vinyl shop and they could get it figured out quite quickly.

Enthusiast
    I'm still in need of a handful of these if anybody would like to sell! Need the 97' championship cars #51 and #52 as well as the Blue #52 and black #56. Have snagged most for very fair prices over the last year - not much reasonable out there at the moment. Still rebuilding the collection I had as a kid for the home office.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by RacerJRP View Post
    I'm still in need of a handful of these if anybody would like to sell! Need the 97' championship cars #51 and #52 as well as the Blue #52 and black #56. Have snagged most for very fair prices over the last year - not much reasonable out there at the moment. Still rebuilding the collection I had as a kid for the home office.
    What's considered reasonable? A lot of those are on eBay right now.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by 13COBRA View Post
    What's considered reasonable? A lot of those are on eBay right now.
    I've paid ~ $100 for most of mine. To me $100-$125 is reasonable for a clean car. I passed on numerous cars last year at this price point, or less, as I wasn't in a rush and all of the sudden, past few months, there seems to be a bit of a dry spell. I under-bid a mint #56 yesterday, sold for $112.

The cars on there north of $150 have been there for months.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by RacerJRP View Post
    I've paid ~ $100 for most of mine. To me $100-$125 is reasonable for a clean car. I passed on numerous cars last year at this price point, or less, as I wasn't in a rush and all of the sudden, past few months, there seems to be a bit of a dry spell. I under-bid a mint #56 yesterday, sold for $112.

The cars on there north of $150 have been there for months.
    I'm not an expert on them by any means. I assumed $150-175 was a great price for one. haha

I purchased most of them for less than $100 with patience. The condition of the box also impacts the prices.

There are a number of places that make decals on the various modeling pages on Facebook. Decalcas is one that comes to mind and Slotfabrik is another. I've recorded a lot of info on the original GTS-R program but I can't say number font was something I ever thought to research haha.

Enthusiast
    I have snapped some up for as low as $45.00 (no boxes) Wing mirror and rear wing have normally broken off.

Enthusiast
    Viper Parts USA aka SnakeOyl has a lot of the vintage AutoArt 1/18 scale Viper racecars. I think they are priced very fair and great to deal with.

The only 2 cars I need are the Burago based/ converted 1/18 scale RT/10 racecars. All of the ones I found in the past were not mint, so I passed. If anyone has any leads or for sale please contact me.
    Last edited by PittsburghRT; 05-03-2021 at 06:39 AM.

Enthusiast
    Good luck on the RT/10 race cars. I have both, one of them in not mint condition either. However, those being Bburagos to begin with, and altered afterwards, I doubt they ever were "mint" to begin with...

IMG_7950.jpg

I am looking to sell my collection.

PM me if interested.

Enthusiast
    You should do well, as I was offered $200 each for mine about 6 months ago ---- appears all Vipers are going up in price, haha!

Quick pic of some of mine, also have Matchbox complete series sets, the big 1:12 Anson RT/10, and the phone, lol!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Enthusiast
    Prices for these models seem to have gone through the roof the last couple of years! I'm putting it down to the price of replacement Headlights!
    Here's my current collection
    IMG_20211230_165621.jpg
    IMG_20211230_165614.jpg

The display cases are made by Carney Plastics USA.

The 51 and 91 on the Right hand display cabinet are made by Top Marques.

I keep the boxes but don't really understand the collector mentality of not taking them out of the box. Each to their own.
    Last edited by Fatboy 18; 03-06-2023 at 10:51 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12