2008 ACR Stereo issues

Hi everyone,

I recently picked up a 2008 ACR and have some issues with the stereo. The door speakers both work but the middle 2 speakers/sub don't work at all. No noise comes out of them. I think the bottom one has been replaced with a Kicker sub if that matters but neither speaker works.

Anyone have an idea of what might be causing this?

Thanks

Enthusiast
    Is the factory stereo still installed? Is the factory amp still under the passenger side seat? Without being able to see it, I would check the subwoofer connections first to make sure it's connected correctly.

Enthusiast
    Trust me, it won't sound much better when they're working.

Enthusiast
    In order to check the connections, you'll have to remove the rear waterfall, which means you'll be pulling the seats too.

As has already been stated, you aren't missing much if it isn't working. It doesn't work well even when it is working perfectly.

Also, it is only one speaker (the bottom) - the top hole is actually a port for the subwoofer enclosure.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve M View Post
    In order to check the connections, you'll have to remove the rear waterfall, which means you'll be pulling the seats too.

As has already been stated, you aren't missing much if it isn't working. It doesn't work well even when it is working perfectly.

Also, it is only one speaker (the bottom) - the top hole is actually a port for the subwoofer enclosure.

Yikes. Guess I won't mess with it then.

My 04 Mamba I thought the stereo sounded pretty good but all the speakers were working on it

Enthusiast
    The center sub is small and takes some work to get it to sound good. Location really doesn't allow for "great" sound, but that really depends on what you are after. A lot of guys have opted for a larger sub in the passenger side foot well and have achieved great results. If I wasn't worried about budget, time, or modifications to the car...I would put a 8 or 10 inch sub in a sealed box in the passenger side foot well, remove the sub and box from the center console and replace it with a set of 6 1/2 component speakers. Also a set of components for the doors. Find some space to mount an amp to drive all the speakers and rock on!

But definitely decide on what your goal for it is. If you aren't too worried about sound and don't want to remove or replace anything, you aren't missing much with your console kicker sub working, or not working. If you are aiming for overall better sound, plan on moving the sub to the foot well in a custom enclosure. Good luck! Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by davidm0209 View Post
    The center sub is small and takes some work to get it to sound good. Location really doesn't allow for "great" sound, but that really depends on what you are after. A lot of guys have opted for a larger sub in the passenger side foot well and have achieved great results. If I wasn't worried about budget, time, or modifications to the car...I would put a 8 or 10 inch sub in a sealed box in the passenger side foot well, remove the sub and box from the center console and replace it with a set of 6 1/2 component speakers. Also a set of components for the doors. Find some space to mount an amp to drive all the speakers and rock on!

But definitely decide on what your goal for it is. If you aren't too worried about sound and don't want to remove or replace anything, you aren't missing much with your console kicker sub working, or not working. If you are aiming for overall better sound, plan on moving the sub to the foot well in a custom enclosure. Good luck! Hope this helps.
    Thanks