In Honor and Tribute to our Beloved Vipers

In tribute of today's "Last Day" of production, please check out this link for a little history of the Viper. It's a great read. Thanks.

Enjoy..!

https://americansupercars.com/dodge-viper-history/

14715453_10207428596177378_6207671854168129262_o.jpg16904586_10208510276858719_2836525144576678168_o.jpg

Enthusiast
    Pretty good read there.

"The Viper represents raw, rugged and extreme performance without hand-holding or coddling. Owning a Viper says a lot about you and your values about the world.
    It says that you want to be directly involved with what you’re doing. It says you would rather have to improve your performance to meet the demands of the world than have the world fed to you on a silver spoon."

"Or as Road and Track puts it, “to go out and buy the last stick-shift, non-turbo, ten-cylinder, big-wing, hot-cockpit, snake-shaped car on sale in the world today…
    That’s a pretty manly thing to do.” "

Enthusiast
    Definitely a good read; thanks for posting.

Sad it's done, but lucky and happy to own my dream car which will be part of history no matter what happens in the future.

Enthusiast
    Pretty cool...not sure I agree with the trumped by list.

Lutz’s reply?
    “The Viper ran out of good reasons to live: The original premise was “more power and speed than anyone else.”
    But the Viper was, in recent years, trumped by the Corvette ZR1 and Z06 and even in its own family by the Hellcat.”

Enthusiast
    I shared it on facebook. Good read.

Quote Originally Posted by ViperPete View Post
    I shared it on facebook. Good read.

Thanks for the share, its a sad time for all of us. My sons wanted to give a tribute to the 25-year run of the Viper and had a lot of fun putting the article together. Thanks for all the feedback!

Although the Feds killed it, I suppose we should be lucky that they even allow such cars to be built.