Enthusiast

Where and how do I replace this

The thin black plastic strip on top of my gen 3 driver door is coming off. Is it best just to replace it and if so where can I get the part? I have a pic but how do I attach it? Don't see the option to on here. Man do I sound stupid lol

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Viper4Life View Post
    The thin black plastic strip on top of my gen 3 driver door is coming off. Is it best just to replace it and if so where can I get the part? I have a pic but how do I attach it? Don't see the option to on here. Man do I sound stupid lol
    I think you have to buy new door panels to get that part. If you can findmdoor panels. Some people have replaced this part with weatherstripping.

Enthusiast
    Damn that sucks! Thanks for the input

There was an aftermarket replacement I thought a while back so you didn't have to buy the whole panel, but I cannot remember who... Try Collectors Choice or Scharf automotive maybe.

Enthusiast
    Great! Will do

Enthusiast
    When you do please post the solution. I expect most of the Gen3/4 cars have that strip failing or starting to fail.

Enthusiast
    I covered mine with glossy vinyl 3M wrap and reinstalled it with Liquid Nails. Looks better, functional, inexpensive

VOA Member
    since 2013
    Colorado/Montana/Utah/Wyoming
    Mine was coming up on the passenger side, I glued it back down with black RTV silicone . Put a little on the back side and hold it down with low tack tape till it dries.
    Dan St John
    2006 Blue Coupe / Silver Stripes.

Enthusiast
    If it's the piece between the window and sits on top of the door panel then it's the part below... my copperhead failed and I had to replace both sides after I tried super glue, silicone, and JB Weld... hope it helps!

weather strip.jpg