New member and hopeful owner

Hi all,

Currently have a 5.0 Tvr Chimaera and looking to get a gen 3 cab in about 5 or 6 months. Can't seem to find any for sale in uk so have looked over in Europe and seen a few in Germany or Italy, anyone out there done the same and have any advice on what to lookout for and then the process of uk registration etc?

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Robg74; 02-02-2014 at 03:20 AM.

Enthusiast
    Welcome to the VOA!

Enthusiast
    Welcome! Good luck with your search. Keep us posted on your progress.

Enthusiast
    Welcome Rob. It took me quite some time to find my Viper. Don't settle, wait until the right one comes along, you'll know it.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Robg74 View Post
    Currently have a 5.0 Tvr Chimaera
    What's a TVR ? LOL !
    I think that you will most certainly enjoy a Viper as a similar concept; but, differently executed, fun car !

Welcome to the VOA. Good luck on your search.

Enthusiast
    The True North Strong and Free Ontario, Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Robg74 View Post
    Hi all,

Currently have a 5.0 Tvr Chimaera and looking to get a gen 3 cab in about 5 or 6 months. Can't seem to find any for sale in uk so have looked over in Europe and seen a few in Germany or Italy, anyone out there done the same and have any advice on what to lookout for and then the process of uk registration etc?

Thanks in advance
    There are a few guys from the UK here on the VOA. I am sure they will chime in soon and give you some excellent advice on where to look and what to look for over there.

Enjoy the forum for now and hope to see you as a member soon and relish in all the benefits/privileges it comes with.

Enthusiast
    Welcome aboard! Hang around here and you are assured to find the car of your dreams.

Enthusiast
    Seeing the Viper in person, did it for me. I had to have one.

Enthusiast
    Welcome! Like the others said, you WILL find your Viper, just keep looking!!!

Enthusiast
    Welcome to the VOA

Robg74

Be sure to check out the International region sub section where you will find listings of up coming UK and European events,
    6th April we have our main annual meet at Luton, Nice pub lunch where many members try and bring the cars out (subject to extreme weather).
    Feel free to come along and join us, see the cars and get some information.
    We even have some German owners who have joined the UK region Be careful when looking at these cars, some have history! trouble is unlike Carfax in the USA (vehicle history check) the HPI check in the UK is pretty much useless as it does not give you any information on the car before it got to the UK.
    Here'e an example,
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AWESOME-20...d=591074512681 I think this car used to belong to a chap called Andy on the Pistonheads website, if it is the same car he was driving down a country lane and it got side swiped by a tractor pulling a trailer! Not saying the repairs have not been done correctly but careful research is needed, don't jump in with both feet
    I would need the Vin number to confirm it was that car and I know Andy well

Be very careful when looking at cars from that area, the car dealership that backs onto this company's garage Sold me a Viper that had been in an Accident in Florida the car had also been issued with a destruction Cert! I ended up getting the Police involved and the DVLA to get my monies back. That was a Black Silver striped 1999 Gen 2 Viper.

I am fond of TVRs I used to have a Cobra kit car fitted out with a dry sump full race TVR V8 from the early Tuscan challenge series Friend of mine (Don) has a Sag and a Tamora but stuck an LS1 Corvette engine in the Tamora for more reliability
    Good luck with your search and feel free to contact us in the UK, Sometimes Cars are not advertised and get moved around to other club members so there might be something in the UK? I know of some gen 2s for sale
    Cheers Mark.
    Last edited by Fatboy 18; 02-22-2014 at 03:09 AM.

Happy welcome aboard day.