Silver with Blue Stripe Gen V

Has anyone ever seen this combo?
    Would have looked sick on an ACR. Too bad nobody (that we know of) has ordered that color combo.
    Here's a photo for reference:

Enthusiast
    I had a 99 GTS that color which I sold for my Gen V LE car. I would have loved to see a Gen V in that color!

+1 Surprised I didn't see this done

This car is what got me into Vipers!
    I played Gran Turismo and would always get the Silver w/blue stripes GTS. Very tough car to tame in the game.

That was the first color combo I fell in love with back in the day and was shopping around for one but even back in 2003/04 days it was a difficult color combo to come by. I ended up buying a Black/cognac which shaped the rest of my viper owner history.

Id love to see a gen5 done up like this. I'm surprised none of the 1of1 guys built one.

That color scheme is great. Almost bought a 99 ACR in those colors. I'm sure someone somewhere ordered that combo. A Gen V ACR in those colors would look absolutely sick!!

Enthusiast
    Great combo. I tried to work silver with all combinations of stripes and it ultimately fell flat for me. Silver in photos is terrific. But, I came across a silver ACR at a show just before placing my order and learned that, in real life, the color just did not have enough of the "pop" that I was going for with an ACR-E. So I went back to the drawing board and started all over again.

But I will admit that the OP's photo shows probably the best complimentary color (GTS Blue) to a silver car.

And I'm sure that someone must have ordered the combo.

Enthusiast
    Love that color combo just as much as the blue/white.

Here's one of my favorite photos of the two.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by serpent View Post
    This car is what got me into Vipers!
    I played Gran Turismo and would always get the Silver w/blue stripes GTS. Very tough car to tame in the game.
    Gran Turismo 2 eh? I LOVED the B/W car from Gran Turismo 1.

That color combo was on my bucket list too. I came this!! close to buying an ACR with it, but the seller gave me pause and I just didn't trust him after that. Oh well.

Enthusiast
    Dallas Cowboy colors, boooo

Enthusiast
    I know this is an old post, but look what i found
    https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ckType=listing

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Forumeddie2 View Post
    Wow & it only has 246 miles! I'm sure it's on somebody's Radar just not mine!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Dillon View Post
    Wow & it only has 246 miles! I'm sure it's on somebody's Radar just not mine!
    someone should buy that quick before it goes up even more in value.....I would but I'm not a baller

Quote Originally Posted by Forumeddie2 View Post
    I've seen it a couple of weeks ago. On FB someone said the stripes are vinyl.

Enthusiast
    As a Gen V owner I can say that I believe the Gen II GTS is still the best looking.

"This garage kept, low mileage car has an extended OEM warranty included through July 2021. So you get 12 months OEM warranty with this car!
    Wanna bet? Have you changed the oil every six months for the last four years? Whats that....still original? Good luck........

Enthusiast
    Probably a ridiculously dumb question that I've never asked before and I can't seem to find the answer to, but aren't the blue stripes on the silver cars a different shade of blue or is it just the color combo that always throws me off?

For instance, because the Gen V cars obviously use new paint and paint technologies we know that the quality of the paint is better therefore the colors, even if they were a 1-of-1 Viper painted in a vintage color, they "pop" differently than the older cars do. That silver and blue ACR posted above doesn't look right vs a Gen II. As if the saturation on the stripes look like they pushed up 240% post editing.

Without a doubt the stripes on a 98' GT2 are GTS Blue, but the Silver and Blue cars of 98'/99' just look like a darker shade of GTS Blue.

--RS

Ron they are saying on FB those are vinyl stripes which may answer your question.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperJon View Post
    Ron they are saying on FB those are vinyl stripes which may answer your question.
    Hit the easy google button.

Here is that ACR with 174 miles at Tomball. Also, no one has mentioned it is not and extreme. MSRP $124k

Used-2016-Dodge-Viper-ACR.jpg

I would love to see a Silver/Blue stripe gen 5. That was my favorite combo on the Gen 2. I currently have the "opposite" combo on my 5.

DSC_3845.jpg

Enthusiast
    ^^^ What a beautiful photograph! Congratulations to you sir for such a terrific car.

Schen, I agreed with your assessment that the stripes did not look right for one reason or another. I was going to comment that, if those were stock stripes, then that combo just does not look as good on the G5 as it does on the G2 (where it looks great). And then of course, it was pointed out that the stripes are vinyl. So that explains it.