Question for all TA2 0 and TA2 option group owners

Just curious how you enjoy the car and it's capabilities. Especially those who went from already owning a Gen 5, can you notice/appreciate a difference? I realize you likely chose it as a more streetable/daily driver with track potential than an ACR. Any regrets of not going ACR? Thank you owners.

Enthusiast
    I wish I could tell you as I have no miles yet (still waiting for Xpel installation). That said I have heard enough from guys that have taken the 4 day class at Bondurant to understand the limits are plenty high for almost anyone. And with more civil on street behavior where it spends 99% of its life (and top speed for those Mexican highways).
    I have not heard of anyone that has installed the ACR Kumhos to see how close it is with the same rubber.

Wow, these sunny Michigan days must be killing you. Hope you get that install soon to start enjoying that Golden Gopher !

Enthusiast
    My 15 TA 2.0 was quite civil on the road and on the track it was a hoot. It was modified though with MCS shocks, Bellanger headers/exhaust, Calvo engine mounts, 18 speaker stereo, and Arrow PCM. Had more horses than my new ACR-E but obviously not as much aero. The ACR-E can bounce you out of your seat if you hit a bump when you have the shocks set for the track. Better on the street setting. The diffuser blades also smack the pavement over dips. Too hard to take them off all the time so I'll just replace them when the wear out.

I found the seats in the TA to be better than the leather seats in my GTS. Don't know why but they just felt better.

Enthusiast
    I'm happy changing from my 13 Track Pack car to my 14 TA. Street driving is slightly softer than the 13s non adjustable suspension and tracking is slightly firmer. I also upgraded speakers in my TA so I've experienced 9, 12, and now 18 speaker configurations and I can say definitively that each upgrade is noticeable. I miss the ground clearance on my 13 but the 14 splitters have grown on me, I even upgraded to the 2.0 longer shields which originally I hated (side note, that just confirms to me it was the 2.0s baby wing I dont like).

Do I regret not waiting for the ACR? Sometimes, especially since I had the elusive $15k coupon. But I drive a lot, 15k miles and I'm just starting the 3rd driving season. I know I could have used the extra aero on track, I'm pretty consistently at the top for speeds in our region against non ACR cars. But the ACR would have been too over the top for all the regular driving I do. So for me the TA is perfect. Next season I hope to add some Hoosiers for the track, my hope is that is just enough edge to put me back in the mix with the ACRs in our region.

Thanks George, great perspective, having owned a GTS, TA2 and ACR-E (love that Woodhouse special edition car!)

Thanks for the input Voice - I also went from a '13 Track Pack car, to a GTS and now have a TA2 option group being built... I drove a TA 1.0 @ NVE1 in Detroit in 2014 and really liked it compared to my '13 Track Pack car, too...

George, PM sent. thx.