Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Enthusiast

My Ford GT is on the way to Texas!

Well I kept my fingers crossed that we would get the deal done and we did.

So I tried to buy a 2010 VooDoo edition ACR Viper from this seller on Vancouver Island BC over the Christmas Holiday but I could never get a hold of him, and when I finally did he had already taken a deposit on he car. I begged the guy to sell me the car but it just wasn't going to happen. Excellent integrity to honor his deal with his previous buyer.

During our conversation he mentioned that he had a Ford GT that he was thinking about selling. One owner car since new with a touch over 4,000 original miles. It was a long shot but I begged him to give me a call if he chose to sell it.

Fast forward to last week and I got the call. We discussed it and came to a number we were both happy with and the deal was done as far as monies were concerned.

Now I had to get it into the US and off of Vancouver Island and safely into the states. Reliable Carriers wanted 5 grand just to get it off the island and through customs.

I called Jon B who of course just happened to have a friend and local importer that also just happened to own a Ford GT. We spoke and realized the best way to get the car over was to drive it over via Ferry and then through customs.

The car made it over safe and sound and just got loaded onto the transporter in Bellvue Washington. This is a bucket list car for me and I can't wait to take delivery. Car has an acufab pulley, exhaust and tune and should make around 640rwhp.

First picture from the seller on the Island

Pulled over on the way to the ferry for no plates I am loving this car already.

Get across that border baby!

Safe and sound at the importers house.

Waiting for Passport to pick it up and get it down to the greatest state, TEXAS!

And how cool is this last shot. The car built to celebrate Fords 100th anniversary on top of one that help to get the ball rolling.

Congrats on the purchase!

Enthusiast
    Wow! That is such a pretty car. Thanks for posting the pictures. I am sure you are going to enjoy the heck out of it!

I am curious which car you will like more after you get some seat time..

Enthusiast
    Doubt I will put that many miles on the GT the market for them is out of control so it won't ever see a track just some freeway blasts and cars and coffee's.

Enthusiast
    Congratulations, beautiful car.

Enthusiast
    great looking car.....they are very fun to drive.

Enthusiast
    Wow! Congrats on the GT!

You cant lose money on that car...

Enthusiast
    Hell yeah. Nice buy!

Bucket list car !!!....your damn straight. Sure, you missed out on the Voodoo but to then end up with this instead, that's amazing.

This is definitely the ultimate American built car to own.

Great color combo.

It has to be an incredible feeling to have this sitting in your garage.

Matt

What a beautiful car. The story is amazing as well. Was it difficult doing a Canadian deal?(Like title transfer, Customs, taxes, inspections)? I glad you had the dude take the pics, adds the the history for the future buyer.

That looks incredible!!!!!!

It's a great investment too! Now that they aren't making them any more the values have shot up high. I think the trend will continue.

I love your color combination! Enjoy the car, it is fantastic!

My favorite cars. Nothing better.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Stunning car!!

Enthusiast
    Congrats man. That is my dream car..... I want one bad!!! The prices just keep going up on those cars.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Drummerviper View Post
    My favorite cars. Nothing better.
    A Heritage, really? How dare you let that stay on the bottom.

By the time my finances are right, these will be 7 figure cars. I envy you both.

Enthusiast
    That is badass. I hate you now.

Enthusiast
    Yeah, you suck. Ford GT is a dream car for me. The value on those things only went up^^^^^^^^

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by gutterworks129 View Post
    What a beautiful car. The story is amazing as well. Was it difficult doing a Canadian deal?(Like title transfer, Customs, taxes, inspections)? I glad you had the dude take the pics, adds the the history for the future buyer.
    The deal could have been difficult, but Jon B got me in touch with an import/export company that made the entire thing a piece of cake. It ran me a little over a $1,000 to get it into the US and then Passport is taking it the rest of the way. John Bryce is the importer you see in the pictures with the car. They got it down and parked it in his personal garage at his house.

Him and his son even hand washed it for me today before it was loaded on the truck, can't beat that for customer service.

Thanks for all the kind words guys I'll update the thread when it gets here.

Andy

Enthusiast
    Just remember i get first dibs on that car seeing as though you stole it from me. I cant believe you would do that to me...lol. If i had the cash it would still be there right beside my Voodoo and i would be picking both of them up in 2 weeks. Oh well. Congrats again. Now that i see the pics i really wish i would have figured out how to take both of them. Enjoy it. Glad it all worked out.

Enthusiast
    Yeah well you got one I wanted so we're even

Enthusiast
    Congrats on the Ford GT!

Did you buy the FGT here because it was much cheaper? Was it a US car?

Enthusiast
    No bought because of its ownership history, price, and color/option package. It's also kind of cool to have a Canada market car in the states.

Tech Team

Andy

Nice ride and great investment, one of my favorite cars! Is your new Ford GT an 05' with the billet cnc'd upper and lower control arms..?

Enthusiast
    Morning Toddy the car is a 2006.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast