Bruce H.

Celebrating 3 years of worry free fun by extending it for another 4

I took delivery of my new '14 TA exactly 3 years ago and today was the last day of it's 3 year Canadian warranty. When I bought it I expected to sell it before the warranty ran out and move on to the next great car. A few weeks into ownership I knew that I was going to want to spend a lot more time with this amazing machine. And feeling the same way 3 years and 25000 miles later I purchased the Mopar 7 year extended warranty to keep the worry-free fun going for another 4 years!

I know a lot of folks here worry about a variety of costly things that might fail on the car one day after their warranty expires, resulting in concern with either putting miles on the car or even whether they should be selling it. But investing in an extended warranty is definitely an investment in your happiness...and you're worth it! And it's a lot cheaper than buying a new vehicle to have a warranty again.

It might be a good idea to call your dealer and inquire about their different plans if you're at all worried about your factory warranty ending.

Enthusiast
    What is that worth up north here? I know we don't get the same deals on warranty as guys have access to below the border. In PM if you don't want to share it publicly?

Bruce H.
    I was quoted list prices from $3875 to $4780 Cdn for Mopar plans covering powertrain and non-powertrain components over the phone ranging from 5-7 years from in-service date.

Mine is the 84 month/ 115,000 km Plan 419. Impressive coverage includes:

Extensive powertrain and non-powertrain coverage. Normal wear items like tires and brake pads obviously excluded, but I couldn't think of any component on the car that wasn't listed as covered, right down to the shock absorbers which I was a little surprised about.
    $0 deductible
    Rental vehicle if kept overnight
    Towing, including for flat tire
    Covers me for road trips anywhere in Canada and the USA
    Transferable to one lucky new owner, maybe, one day!

Can't tell me this isn't a smoking deal considering what things can break and what it costs to repair or replace. I've also sourced out used vehicle purchases with extended warrantees and paid more to have that assurance.
    Last edited by Bruce H.; 04-23-2017 at 07:38 AM.

Enthusiast
    Thanks Bruce. I think I'll grab one to add to the Canadian 3 year I have before it expires.

which dealer did you get it from bruce?

Enthusiast
    It looks like you can extend just the power train as well using this: http://www.chryslerwarrantys.com/lifetime_warranty.cfm

I've seen some others post about this. I would get power train till 2022 for about $2k with a $100-$200 deductible

woodhouse used to have good deals on warranties, try bill pemberton if in the US
    THE IGNORE FEATURE WORKS, TRY IT...

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by plumcrazy View Post
    woodhouse used to have good deals on warranties, try bill pemberton if in the US
    Yeah, it seems as though you can get a good deal in the US by shopping around. In Canada, I've never heard of the same being true. Like one dealer being cheaper, or like the one member on here whose price is on point.....

Bruce H.
    Quote Originally Posted by darbgnik View Post
    Thanks Bruce. I think I'll grab one to add to the Canadian 3 year I have before it expires.
    That's great. I've been discussing it with some friends how our Toyota, Honda, whatever appliances never broke down and how we just can't say the same about some of our more modern, complicated and expensive vehicles have needed very expensive out of warranty repairs. My first nightmare was a BMW 7 Series. another's was a Cayenne, and another's a 3 Series. I avoided buying certain used vehicles that were out of warranty because of things like Nav screens that go blank and cost thousands to replace.

It just seems to me that we're at a point where it is a major gamble to own an expensive to repair car that's out of warranty. This is probably a factor in why certain high-end cars depreciate so much....used car bargains that become a nightmare. Not sure what a factory extended warranty would cost on some of these cars but they must get pretty obsene.

Anyways, there's an awful lot of anxious Gen V owners that could enjoy their cars a lot more if they had a longer warranty...and maybe haven't thought to purchase one before the original one expires.