Enthusiast

Square Wheel Tire setup

Has anyone created themselves a setup that shares the same width both front and rear wheels? If so, do you mind sharing specs and experience? In the past I burn through 2-3 sets of tires a season and I admittedly am dreading doing it in the Viper sizes.
    Last edited by mackzilla; 03-28-2017 at 03:38 PM.

Enthusiast
    You'll have rear spacing issues on the wheels. You can run all 12.5" width rims and choose between 305/315/335 tires. Track rubber gives you much more in the way of wheel and tire diameters and section width options.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by GTS Dean View Post
    You'll have rear spacing issues on the wheels. You can run all 12.5" width rims and choose between 305/315/335 tires. Track rubber gives you much more in the way of wheel and tire diameters and section width options.
    Thanks Dean. You're saying I will have issues with the offset or you think there is a 12.5" setup that can share the same offsets and rotate?

Quote Originally Posted by mackzilla View Post
    Has anyone created themselves a setup that shares the same width both front and rear wheels? If so, do you mind sharing specs and experience? In the past I burn through 2-3 sets of tires a season and I admittedly am dreading doing it in the Viper sizes.
    I'm not running a square set up per say but very minimal differences between front and rear tires. 333mm section in front on 18x12 wheels and 353mm on 18x13 rears but this is on michelin slicks although others have run 335 R7 in front and 345 R7 in the rear on the same wheel sizes.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by mackzilla View Post
    Thanks Dean. You're saying I will have issues with the offset or you think there is a 12.5" setup that can share the same offsets and rotate?
    I think you'll have to look at the tires you want to use first and pick a wheel width to suit. Next, you need to look at rear spacing difference. some of this can be overcome with spacers on the hub. The balance needs to be split to pick your final rear spacing and then order your wheels. You will also need to look at how long your studs need to be and order them accordingly.

You could save time by talking to Tony about his Forgestars, or call CCW to see if John Purner is still around. Both of them will know (probably off the tops of their heads) what the optimums are.
    Last edited by GTS Dean; 03-29-2017 at 08:56 AM.

Enthusiast
    Dan Cragin was part of the build for the car in this link:

http://www.luxury4play.com/american-...guna-seca.html

That car has 18x12 F 18x13 R

As said above, if you went 12" wheels I'm sure you could make it work with some spacers, and I think if you go 18's you can probably run 335/30/18 or 325/30/19 all the way around.
    Last edited by parabs; 03-29-2017 at 11:27 AM. Reason: Relevancy

Enthusiast
    Appreciate you guys. I'll post up when I've figured out what direction I'm going.