Enthusiast

Ron Fellows High Performance Driving School

I know, it's not a Viper but I thought my Northeast friends might get a kick out of this. I just got back from the Ron Fellows High Performance Driving School in Pahrump, Nevada. It's Chevrolet's version of the Bondurant HPDE. I just bought a new Corvette Z06, and for that they give you a very good deal for the 2 day course. I had a blast. The professional instructors were great and I learned alot about driving on a track near the limit. We stayed in the condos on the track for 2 days and then spent 3 nights in Las Vegas. A great trip. The Z06 was fast and very predictable on the track. Ran nice and cool in temps around 80.
    20170321_113034.jpg Me in a Blue Z06 before a track session

Now in a Yellow Z on the Michelin straight
    20170321_113942.jpg
    Michelin Straight in a Blue Z
    20170321_113809.jpg
    Hoover Dam while sightseeing
    20170322_123148.jpg

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by capevettes View Post
    Hoover Dam while sightseeing
    Looks like a dam bridge to me !

Enthusiast
    I stopped reading after "a new Z06"

Good for you although I hope we see you this year in your Viper. What color Z?

Tim

Enthusiast
    That's a great school, Venom V took the advanced road race course a few years ago and said it was great.

Spring Mountain is a great track, and that facility is one of the best. The SoCal guys get up there twice a year with a member guest program, we always have a blast!! And the vette guy's getting ready for the Monday school are always curious about the vipers.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by AZTVR View Post
    Looks like a dam bridge to me !
    HaHa, you're right. I can tell you've never been there. The picture was actually taken while standing on the dam. The terrain around the dam is actually more impressive than the dam itself. Amazing how th dam holds up the Colorado River and formed Lake Mead, which in some places is over 500 feet deep.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by smhog View Post
    I stopped reading after "a new Z06"

Good for you although I hope we see you this year in your Viper. What color Z?

Tim
    Tim, My Z is Long Beach Red. Actually I was pretty active with the Viper this past year. Attended the Lobster roll event, hosted an event here on the Cape along with Will Haley and met a few of the guys at the Foxboro cruise nights. Surprised our paths have not crossed. I'm sure we'll meet this year. Actually drove the Viper over 5,000 miles last year. Always been a Corvette guy but love the Viper. Here's a pic of the Z06:
    013.jpg
    Event at my house last Spring:
    008.jpg
    My Viper:
    20170226_120301.jpg

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by acrvprc View Post
    That's a great school, Venom V took the advanced road race course a few years ago and said it was great.

Spring Mountain is a great track, and that facility is one of the best. The SoCal guys get up there twice a year with a member guest program, we always have a blast!! And the vette guy's getting ready for the Monday school are always curious about the vipers.
    It is a fantastic facility. The instructors were top notch. The track is also very impressive. There seems to be a mutual respect between Corvette guys and Viper guys. Both great cars. Of course there are some that have no love for other cars, but most of us are car guys at heart.

Enthusiast
    Tim, My Z is Long Beach Red. Actually I was pretty active with the Viper this past year. Attended the Lobster roll event, hosted an event here on the Cape along with Will Haley and met a few of the guys at the Foxboro cruise nights. Surprised our paths have not crossed. I'm sure we'll meet this year. Actually drove the Viper over 5,000 miles last year. Always been a Corvette guy but love the Viper. Here's a pic of the Z06:
    013.jpg
    Event at my house last Spring:
    008.jpg
    My Viper:
    20170226_120301.jpg
    Hey Paul, sorry wasn't meant to come across as a dig at you it's more of hoping you still drive the Viper instead of the new Z.

We met at the lobster roll event, I kept calling you Chiefy lol.

The dark red looks great. What other colors were you thinking about before selecting this?

What was your favorite part of this trip?

Tim

Enthusiast
    Tim, I actually just got back in the house after driving the Viper down Cape. Sorry, now I do remember meeting you. I thought about Silver because it really shows off the lines, I even considered black ,but wasn't going to subject myself to that, having owned one in the past. The best part of the trip, aside from the track, was the scenery out there. It's amazing. The mountains, canyons, Death Valley. Vegas was great fun. We saw a show and ate too much. I did not gamble my car funds away. Even my wife enjoyed all of it.

Tim, I actually just got back in the house after driving the Viper down Cape. Sorry, now I do remember meeting you. I thought about Silver because it really shows off the lines, I even considered black ,but wasn't going to subject myself to that, having owned one in the past. The best part of the trip, aside from the track, was the scenery out there. It's amazing. The mountains, canyons, Death Valley. Vegas was great fun. We saw a show and ate too much. I did not gamble my car funds away. Even my wife enjoyed all of it.
    The red is gorgeous on this Corvette. Stunning really. About the black; if you've ever seen Paul at a car show you know how well detailed all of his cars are kept. If the car was black I don't think he'd have time for a beer or a cigar

Looks like it was one great trip Paul. Hoping to see you in Foxboro in a couple of weeks!

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by JackKeane View Post
    The red is gorgeous on this Corvette. Stunning really. About the black; if you've ever seen Paul at a car show you know how well detailed all of his cars are kept. If the car was black I don't think he'd have time for a beer or a cigar

Looks like it was one great trip Paul. Hoping to see you in Foxboro in a couple of weeks!
    Hey Jack. How are you? Always time for a beer and a cigar. I plan on attending opening night in Foxboro if it ever stops snowing. All rain here. Growlers and cigars sound very good.

Enthusiast
    Whens the first show?

Enthusiast
    One week from Thursday. You coming Dave?

Good Paul, just praying winter will finally be over this week. I'll be there weather permitting of course. I'll have beer and stogies in tow!

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by daveg View Post
    damn i have to work

Enthusiast
    One week from Thursday. You coming Dave?
    If the weather is good more than likely...