Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I will give you an update within 2 weeks from now, as I am in the middle of purchasing a oreca gts-r myself. Cant tell you the number just yet.......

That is really exciting! I'll be anxiously standing by waiting to document the history!

Added an updated ORECA pdf with a few more chassis notes here and there.

Stan0268
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutkees View Post
    http://www.racingpal.com/ad/5907/

Don't know if the car is still for sale, but damn this is cheap for a real Oreca GTS-r !
    This car does not have the original GTS-R engine, it's a 8,4l Srt motor, some friends have tried to buy the car only but the price was 600k€ included the truck and trailer...

Thanks for the update Stan. It's probably a real monster with that 8.4 but it sure would be great to have the original motor or at least the original configuration.

I added some new notes for ORECA chassis C41 and C42. The pdf is up to date.

The short histories of ORECA C50, C51 and C52 have been added. Not sure if there's more out there on those cars, but that's all I found so far. End of the line as far as I know for GTS-R production.

I am the owner of ACRX #12

Quote Originally Posted by zoomzoom22 View Post
    I am the owner of ACRX #12
    Thanks for posting! PM sent.

Riley section updated and here is the pdf for Chrysler's Le Mans Prototypes if anyone is interested.

Updated again 11.15.2017
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by str5010; 11-16-2017 at 05:35 AM.

Thank you to PA/WV club President Bryan for some formatting suggestions and correction of my many typos! All sections updated.

Some history added for ORECA GTS-R chassis C26, C28, C32, C33 and C36.

FINALLY - I've finished my first attempt at finding information for each ORECA GTS-R chassis that may have or does exist. It may not be perfect or all inclusive, but I've gone through as many old magazines, books, advertisements, race results and internet articles as I've been able to find looking for the history of these cars. The latest pdf has been added to the first post.

*I have never found any information for the following chassis: P4, C5, C24, C29, C47*

If you have any information on these, please let me know. At best I've heard that a few of them were nothing more than show cars displayed at events around the world.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by str5010 View Post
    FINALLY - I've finished my first attempt at finding information for each ORECA GTS-R chassis that may have or does exist. It may not be perfect or all inclusive, but I've gone through as many old magazines, books, advertisements, race results and internet articles as I've been able to find looking for the history of these cars. The latest pdf has been added to the first post.

*I have never found any information for the following chassis: P4, C5, C24, C29, C47*

If you have any information on these, please let me know. At best I've heard that a few of them were nothing more than show cars displayed at events around the world.
    Thanks for all your work. It's an awesome document to have!

Thanks for looking at it Ian! I just hope other people enjoy the platform's history as well and hopefully we can preserve as much of it as possible.

Fixed an issue with the ACR-X PDF that was only showing the first page.

Enthusiast
    Fixed an issue with the ACR-X PDF that was only showing the first page.
    I just took a quick look and noticed nothing for ACRX01. It's owned by Jim Stout, is plum crazy purple, and runs #1. Still in its Viper Cup livery.

Quote Originally Posted by Simms View Post
    I just took a quick look and noticed nothing for ACRX01. It's owned by Jim Stout, is plum crazy purple, and runs #1. Still in its Viper Cup livery.
    That's great info, thank you!

Updates to be posted in the near future as I was able to put eyes on 13 Viper race cars last week!

Enthusiast
    13! We Demand Pics

Quote Originally Posted by Fatboy 18 View Post
    13! We Demand Pics
    There are over 1000 pictures and I will check what I'm permitted to post. There should be plenty!

Stan0268
    There are over 1000 pictures and I will check what I'm permitted to post. There should be plenty!
    not those of the end of the day after dinner time!...vive la France et le bon vin!...

Alright guys do we want pictures posted here or just keep them in the GTS-R photo thread? Only issue being that the cars span all generations.

Also do you want detail pics or just overall shots showing the whole car?

Also might have a shakeup in the registry with the "P" chassis GTS-Rs. There are some discrepancies with coverage of the 1996 season that originate with the crashof P2 while testing at Sebring that year.

Enthusiast
    Looking forward to seeing all the updates!

Are you going to VOI in Las Vegas?

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast