Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Looks like someone added some information about ACRX-018. Whoever that was, thank you! Did you add anything else into the excel version?

Enthusiast
    I have Comp Coupe Chassis 77, it's a copperhead edition with black stripes. VRL spec.

Thanks Simms, pm sent.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Houston

Quote Originally Posted by str5010 View Post
    Looks like someone added some information about ACRX-018. Whoever that was, thank you! Did you add anything else into the excel version?
    That would be me! I put it into the excel version but I don't have any period pictures. I also have a long list of celebrity drivers who raced it along with Cindy Lux but no idea about wins etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Herrsss View Post
    That would be me! I put it into the excel version but I don't have any period pictures. I also have a long list of celebrity drivers who raced it along with Cindy Lux but no idea about wins etc.
    Thank you Beth! If you could send me anything and everything you would be willing to share about the car, I'll include it. I'll take care of finding the race history in terms of results. Thanks for your input!

Update 5.1.2017:

-finished Gen II GTS-R chassis C11-C14. These took some time, high number of races run.
    -added the notes I received for the ACR-X and Comp Coupe sections, thanks Beth and Ian! I still need to look for the race histories for both of your cars.
    -C15 is up next for the Gen II GTS-R and despite this being the famous Zakspeed car that won 3 separate 24 Hours of Nurburgring, its race history didn't seem to be as readily available. Anyone know a good source for German race results?
    -still looking for complete ACR-X Viper Cup race results.
    Last edited by str5010; 05-01-2017 at 08:36 AM.

Update 5.18.2017

-finished Oreca GTS-R chassis C15-19. Would like more information on the Zakspeed C15 Nurburgring car if anyone has anything.
    -Nothing new received from anyone in the ACR-X or Comp Coupe communities

Update 7.24.2017:

Since there wasn't much feedback/interest in this effort for awhile and because I've had to focus on another Viper history project, I haven't added a ton of content lately. I did make it through a few more ORECA chassis and I added more information to some of the ORECA and 1994 RT-10 individual histories. The pdf files are up to date, the Excel worksheet that is posted is outdated.

Enthusiast
    Top Work, Well done and thank you.

I know this stuff takes a great deal of time.
    Thanks again
    Mark

Thanks Mark, glad you're following along!

I really have a passion for these cars so if you stick around long enough I'll eventually get through all the cars.

Still haven't had time to work on the project lately, but did make an interesting discovery this morning - as it turns out Zakspeed thankfully still has one of their Nurburgring 24HR winning GTS-Rs and it's the car with the quick change fuel cell! It is currently being restored and is supposed to be unveiled at next year's 24HR race.

The issue for me is this further muddies the waters regarding the chassis history of their cars. I don't know for sure exactly which chassis they had/have or which races they competed in. Hopefully I can make contact with someone at Zakspeed who knows the history.

Enthusiast
    ACR-X car number 4 is being moth balled at a Dodge Dealer in Omaha and is unpainted with no miles. ACR-X car number 5 is in Seward NE and owned by the Original owner Ted Hughes paints in GTS blue with Black stripes.

Bruce

Thank you Bruce!

Enthusiast
    ACR-X car number 42 here in Omaha. engine is no longer stock per the old Viper Racing series spec, Heads and cam, GEN V intake. Painted white black and red. Owner is Keith Lodhia.

Bruce

Thanks again, this has been the most productive registry days in weeks......clearly it doesn't take much.

Enthusiast
    Here are pics of several X cars and most listed are the Chassis number as the driver car number.

http://www.mopargarage.net/ViperACRX.html

Bruce

Enthusiast
    I have Comp Coupe Chassis #62.

VRL car. Yellow Black Stripes

Quote Originally Posted by BlknBlu View Post
    Here are pics of several X cars and most listed are the Chassis number as the driver car number.

http://www.mopargarage.net/ViperACRX.html

Bruce
    Thanks again Bruce!

Quote Originally Posted by steve911 View Post
    I have Comp Coupe Chassis #62.

VRL car. Yellow Black Stripes
    Thank you Steve! Do you know anything else about the history of the car? When it was built, are you the original owner or has there been an owner history, did the car ever compete on track?

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by str5010 View Post
    Thank you Steve! Do you know anything else about the history of the car? When it was built, are you the original owner or has there been an owner history, did the car ever compete on track?
    PM me your email and I will fill you in...

Steve,

send me a PM with your contact information and I can help you with this. I sold all of the cars and have tried to keep track of them all.

Tom Francis
    Viper Race Headquarters

Enthusiast
    STR, Tom even has everyone's credit card and social security numbers!!

Tom, the rear window looks/fits great, thanks!!!! Mike

Haha that's exactly why I was trying to get to him!

I've updated the pdf files with the latest notes from everyone and added a bit more to the ORECA GTS-R section as well. Nothing major though.

http://www.racingpal.com/ad/5907/

Don't know if the car is still for sale, but damn this is cheap for a real Oreca GTS-r !

Great find! I haven't made it down to C43 yet but will certainly include this in the cars history. It sure would be a dream to own one!
    Last edited by str5010; 10-25-2017 at 10:17 AM.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast