Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast
    Enthusiast

Cool The Chronicles of SneakySnake Vol III

Well, after a long time dreamin, finally stepped up into a Gen V. The gen 4 went to a good home, a member on this board, and I'm super excited for him--was really strange to see "my" car parked in front of a different residence. It's kind of weird when you sell to someone whom still has access to you, as you never really feel like the car is gone! Hope he enjoys it in good health.

My search for a G5 was initially narrowed to Stryker cars only. Green, Purple, Orange, Red, in that order. I am not a stripe guy, and do not like flat colors; So 90% of the used market, and TAs, were out. Stryker cars rarely pop up for sale and when they do, people tend to want the moon for them. The one stryker green car I had my eye on in Colorado--which had sat on the market for almost a year--sold a few days before my gen 4 moved, and was particularly disappointing. I honestly never even considered a GTS Blue car (even though it is my favorite color), as they literally only made a handful without stripes, and it never occured to me that one would ever pop up. But pop up it did. 1 owner car, 6k miles, had a clear bra on from mile 1, passed R28, and has had R29 performed. Perfect. Additionally, (and this rarely happens) but the previous owner and I shared similar taste; All of his mods were not only appreciated but would of followed the same suit in my possession. It was good to save some money on parts, for once. Previous owner also included all of the oem parts in the sale.

Excited would be an understatement, I'm on pins and needles waiting on the car to be transported from PA to TX. I'm sure the current snow storms in the NE aren't doing me any favors. I have big plans for this car and cant wait to get started. Special thanks to Bernie and the Viper Exchange team for their diligence and ease of transaction, they are the best in the business! Also a huge thanks to James W. for being in the right place at the right time and generously offering to look the car over for me in person. The Houston VOA knows no state lines!

'13 Viper GTS Blue

-Track Package
    -Laguna Interior
    -18 Speaker HK Audio
    -Carbon Aero

Aftermarket Mods:

-Arrow ECU
    -Belanger Longtubes, Mid-pipes, HF Cats
    -Corsa Catback
    -AP Full Carbon Diffuser
    -Xpel Clearbra [Full front end]
    -GTS Blue Coil Covers
    -Matte Black 'GTS' Emblem
    -Matte Black Gas Door
    -3M Tint

All I have for now are some potato cam cell phone snaps, real pictures to follow when I take delivery. Per usual I will use this thread to track my ownership, build progress, services, events, etc;

Interior shots;

Enthusiast
    What a beautiful color! Congrats on the 'new' Viper!!

Congrats. Did I miss it, how many miles? It's unusual to see the blue without the stripe (I am partial to blue, I'm on my 3rd Blue Ram!)

What are your plans, as it's been tastefully modded already.

Enthusiast
    Congrats Alex! Looks great.

Congrats! That blue is beautiful!

Enthusiast
    I love the GTS Blue without the stripes. I've been looking at this one online for a while, just for the sake of looking at it. Beautiful car!

Congrats!

Congrats. I have enjoyed all your older videos and look forward to the new ones to come.

Congrats Alex and again I cant wait to see what you'll do to Sneaky vol III

Enthusiast
    It has a spoiler!!

GJ with no stripes, love GTS Blue, it is bery noice!

Enthusiast
    Congrats and can't wait to see your next video
    Last edited by Canadian venom; 03-14-2017 at 06:38 PM.

Congrats! Isn't it rare to have a solid Viper blue color?
    09 ACR With all the goodies
    99 ACR TT 99 red RT/10 Roe S/C
    97 B/W RT/10 TT 94 RT/10 TT

Enthusiast
    Nice. VE are good people to deal with.

Car has some tasteful mods and looks amazing. Congrats man!!

Very nice! Congratulations!

Enthusiast
    Appreciate all the love fellas. I'll be out trying to abuse people in it shortly

Quote Originally Posted by swexlin View Post
    Congrats. Did I miss it, how many miles? It's unusual to see the blue without the stripe (I am partial to blue, I'm on my 3rd Blue Ram!)

What are your plans, as it's been tastefully modded already.
    In the near term I'm going to round out the "full bolt on" status by dropping in a filter, crank udp, catch cans, heat shielding, and shifter. Also doing lowering caps and have custom spacers being machined. First things will be the basics, all the fluids, alignment check, suspension/bushing check, wheel balance check, etc.

Long term I want to set the bar for a full weight NA pump gas viper in the 1/4. I'm interested in heads/cam/stroker

Quote Originally Posted by slowhatch View Post
    Appreciate all the love fellas. I'll be out trying to abuse people in it shortly

In the near term I'm going to round out the "full bolt on" status by dropping in a filter, crank udp, catch cans, heat shielding, and shifter. Also doing lowering caps and have custom spacers being machined. First things will be the basics, all the fluids, alignment check, suspension/bushing check, wheel balance check, etc.

Long term I want to set the bar for a full weight NA pump gas viper in the 1/4. I'm interested in heads/cam/stroker
    I like your thinking. I'm hoping to set the bar for the NA set up at the viper nationals this year with my nth moto build.

Enthusiast
    Damn damn DAMN!!! I wanted this car SO bad!! I was just 2 weeks shy of making an offer on it! I've been watching this car for 4 months, and they just lowered the price on Sunday. Very disappointing.. I know how you felt about the Stryker green car now haha. But I have to know how much you paid for it. Will be sending you a PM.

Enthusiast
    Congrats, welcome back (wasn't too long). Looking forward to the build progress!

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Slicker View Post
    Damn damn DAMN!!! I wanted this car SO bad!! I was just 2 weeks shy of making an offer on it! I've been watching this car for 4 months, and they just lowered the price on Sunday. Very disappointing.. I know how you felt about the Stryker green car now haha.
    Wow.

VERY interesting to learn about my role in the cascade of timing waves through the ViperVerse (TradeMark! "ViperVerse" I just made that up.)
    Yet another gift from the Forum.

TIMING...damn timing.

Pains me a bit Alex, to hear you missed out on the Stryker Green Viper by just a few days. N' we closed our deal a bit early relative to the original plan.
    I sincerely hope it all works out in the end. Sure sounds like it should.

Your new SneakySnake is gorgeous n' I'm sure you're gonna turn her into a Gen V monster like you did the Gen IV.
    Fingers crossed your auto-transport experience is better/smoother than mine (the Transport Nightmare of 2017!)

I gotta come up with a new name for my car!
    Now that your Amicable Divorce is official, she's no longer the SneakySnake.
    Last edited by viperBase1; 03-15-2017 at 09:21 AM.

Nice ride brother!! That blue is sexy as hell! That was on my list but I couldn't find one, nor the patience to wait for one! lol

It's incredible how much time I spent trying to protect the car from itself. Meaning, clear bra, heat shielding, boomerangs, more heat shielding, and many other odds and ends.

You bought Matt Diehl's car, good for you. It is really nice. That car was what got me into a Viper

Finally you can back up all that trash talk, welcome to club 5

Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast