Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by CNU_Physics View Post
    GTS Blue is so sexy without the stripes...man that car looks good.
    I agree. I cant stop looking at it Its hard to work on, because I spend more time admiring it and daydreaming than I do working.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by slowhatch View Post
    I agree. I cant stop looking at it Its hard to work on, because I spend more time admiring it and daydreaming than I do working.

I think I'm gonna say it...

Although green is my favorite color...I think GTS Blue without stripes now ranks above Stryker Green for me. And it's not even a tri-coat like the Stryker colors. Imagine if it was?!

Viper color line up for me now:

1. Stryker Red
    2. GTS Blue
    3. Stryker Green
    4. Stryker Purple

Enthusiast
    GTS Blue > ∞

Enthusiast
    Stryker Red is still the ultimate Gen V Viper color for me. But GTS Blue, Stryker Orange, and Adrenaline Red are still my favorites aside from Stryker Red.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by CNU_Physics View Post
    Stryker Red is still the ultimate Gen V Viper color for me. But GTS Blue, Stryker Orange, and Adrenaline Red are still my favorites aside from Stryker Red.
    As far as just an overall quality of the job, the laborious process, depth, etc; the stryker colors have no equal, with Red sitting at the top of the heap. Color wise I'd take Orange, Purple, Green, Red, in that order.

For what I'd actually buy, GTS blue is my favorite color--because blue is my favorite color. Its a happy coincidence that GTS blue just happens to be absolutely gorgeous, have tons of flake in it without looking like a bass boat, and does gorgeous dark blue to bright blue color shifts in various lighting.

Love this pic... Car Looks Amazing !!

Enthusiast
    ^^^ Yes, great pic!!! ^^^

Enthusiast
    Nice car, if you put a blue 97 alongside your car, does the basic color look different from a distance. Up close is obvious.
    Last edited by Jack B; 03-28-2017 at 05:14 PM.

Enthusiast
    As far as just an overall quality of the job, the laborious process, depth, etc; the stryker colors have no equal, with Red sitting at the top of the heap. Color wise I'd take Orange, Purple, Green, Red, in that order.

For what I'd actually buy, GTS blue is my favorite color--because blue is my favorite color. Its a happy coincidence that GTS blue just happens to be absolutely gorgeous, have tons of flake in it without looking like a bass boat, and does gorgeous dark blue to bright blue color shifts in various lighting.
    My favorite green is that GTC 1 of 1 someone has on this forum with the Emerald green Gen 1 Viper color. That color is absolutely gorgeous, and it looks like it fits the Gen V Viper better than it fits the original Viper it was made for. Snakeskin green I like as well, the yellow hue to it when the light hits it is great.

That picture with your hood up....damn that looks good. That really shows the multitude of color of GTS Blue.

Too sweet for words man!

Love that perky arse. How it's kicked up just enough to show off the width of the back wheels.
    She is just plain SEXY.
    Last edited by viperBase1; 03-29-2017 at 08:28 AM.

Enthusiast
    GTS Blue is outstanding. nice choice.

Bruce

Enthusiast
    Tracked down the window sticker today, she was a pricey date;

The sticker value of vipers is so weird because it actually has no reflection on what someone paid between 2013-2015. One dealership in my area had 3 vipers for sale for over 3 years and they finally got rid of them selling them at a blowout price of between 72-76k with 0% financing in 2015. This is the reason those original vipers dropped in price so much because dealerships were selling new ones for less than what owners wanted to sell their used ones. Now as you can see, in the last 2 years prices really haven't moved and now you can get a nice SRT or GTS 2013-2014 for about 70-75k. A lot of that is because owners are willing to sell lower because they got the car at a lower price and they can sell it for what they bought it for even after owning it for a couple years and putting 10k miles on it or whatnot.

The same can't be said for vipers sold in the last year or so. Sure, some may have been able to squeak out a deal early this year and maybe save 5-10k off sticker price, but you sure aren't getting them for fire sale deals and resale prices will reflect that. Owners of an ACR aren't going to slit their throats and sell a 2016/17 next year for 75k because they paid well over that and that's too big of a loss in such a short time. Hell most people that own these cars are paying payments so they can't get out without going upside down even if they wanted to sell that low. Again, that wasn't a problem for people who were fortunate enough to buy them new in the 70's range.

It is crazy to see how much the base price of vipers were when they started out with Gen 5 though.
    Last edited by OneofOneViper; 03-29-2017 at 09:27 AM.

Looking at that sticker makes me wonder, what kind of car gets a 1/10 on the Greenhouse rating, while our cars get a 3/10? I want THAT! In fact, if they make a 0/10, I'll take two!

Congrats dude, easily one of the best looking Gen5's I've ever seen!

Alex when will you complete your signature to... 720-740whp | 9.5@148mph

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by OneofOneViper View Post
    The sticker value of vipers is so weird because it actually has no reflection on what someone paid between 2013-2015. One dealership in my area had 3 vipers for sale for over 3 years and they finally got rid of them selling them at a blowout price of between 72-76k with 0% financing in 2015. This is the reason those original vipers dropped in price so much because dealerships were selling new ones for less than what owners wanted to sell their used ones. Now as you can see, in the last 2 years prices really haven't moved and now you can get a nice SRT or GTS 2013-2014 for about 70-75k. A lot of that is because owners are willing to sell lower because they got the car at a lower price and they can sell it for what they bought it for even after owning it for a couple years and putting 10k miles on it or whatnot.

The same can't be said for vipers sold in the last year or so. Sure, some may have been able to squeak out a deal early this year and maybe save 5-10k off sticker price, but you sure aren't getting them for fire sale deals and resale prices will reflect that. Owners of an ACR aren't going to slit their throats and sell a 2016/17 next year for 75k because they paid well over that and that's too big of a loss in such a short time. Hell most people that own these cars are paying payments so they can't get out without going upside down even if they wanted to sell that low. Again, that wasn't a problem for people who were fortunate enough to buy them new in the 70's range.

It is crazy to see how much the base price of vipers were when they started out with Gen 5 though.

Lowest I've ever seen left-over loaded GTS's sell for is the low 80s, after sitting for years, and those were cars with undesirable color combos.

75k for 16/17 ACR's?

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by GTSilver View Post
    Alex when will you complete your signature to... 720-740whp | 9.5@148mph
    I wish!! Don't think even a stroker heads/cam would go 148 without a serious diet. I think ~700-720whp is the right number, and would expect 9.6-9.7 in good air at around 145mph.

Lowest I've ever seen left-over loaded GTS's sell for is the low 80s, after sitting for years, and those were cars with undesirable color combos.
    It's not bullshit, Cherry Creek Dodge in Denver, Colorado was selling them for that price. I know because while I didn't personally want an SRT or GTS at the time, I had considered it due to the price. Also in Las Vegas at the same time a friend of mine was trying to get me to buy an SRT for 72k brand new---so it wasn't just 1 dealership.

75k for 16/17 ACR's?
    I too think it's funny that an ACR could sell for 75k. I don't think it'll ever happen, but look where then Gen 4 ACRs are selling right now. And look at the sticker price of your car and look what the actual price is now. Things happen. My point was that it likely won't happen because dealers weren't trying to blow them out and their original cost is actually over 50% more than what many people paid to get their vipers in 2013-2015 even if the sticker shows the price is roughly the same.
    Last edited by OneofOneViper; 03-29-2017 at 11:26 AM.

where'd you get that carbon plate frame?

nice looking car

Quote Originally Posted by ViperDC View Post

nice looking car
    I also liked this. I actually just ordered one yesterday from The Viper Store, but since they just get their stuff from someone else there is probably a more direct route you could have gone. But only $60 so I couldn't argue.

So I guess I should be thanking you Slowhatch. Thank you.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperDC View Post

nice looking car
    The Viper store. They should pay me a commission since 10+ people have asked me to order one after I posted those pics

I also liked this. I actually just ordered one yesterday from The Viper Store, but since they just get their stuff from someone else there is probably a more direct route you could have gone. But only $60 so I couldn't argue.

So I guess I should be thanking you Slowhatch. Thank you.

Enthusiast
    She needs some lowering caps!

Enthusiast
    Very True...Got my 2014 GTS (in May 2015) brand new for over $40k off MSRP...

It's not bullshit, Cherry Creek Dodge in Denver, Colorado was selling them for that price. I know because while I didn't personally want an SRT or GTS at the time, I had considered it due to the price. Also in Las Vegas at the same time a friend of mine was trying to get me to buy an SRT for 72k brand new---so it wasn't just 1 dealership.

I too think it's funny that an ACR could sell for 75k. I don't think it'll ever happen, but look where then Gen 4 ACRs are selling right now. And look at the sticker price of your car and look what the actual price is now. Things happen. My point was that it likely won't happen because dealers weren't trying to blow them out and their original cost is actually over 50% more than what many people paid to get their vipers in 2013-2015 even if the sticker shows the price is roughly the same.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by cplabaunza View Post
    Very True...Got my 2014 GTS (in May 2015) brand new for over $40k off MSRP...
    Lets not turn this into another pricing discussion thread (lord knows we've had enough already). The sticker was mainly to point out that the first owner whom bought the vehicle in '14 most likely did not see the level of discounts enjoyed by the guys who bought left-over cars 2 years later. We all know what they're worth now.

Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast