Enthusiast

How to remove front brake ducts

Hi all,

I purchased some CF aftermarket front ducts but cannot seem to find a way to remove the old ones. I see they are fixed with 4 tabs but I still am finding it difficult to remove these. Any suggestions as to a good way to remove the old ones? Many thanks

Enthusiast
    What year car do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by stradman View Post
    Hi all,

I purchased some CF aftermarket front ducts but cannot seem to find a way to remove the old ones. I see they are fixed with 4 tabs but I still am finding it difficult to remove these. Any suggestions as to a good way to remove the old ones? Many thanks
    Sounds like you have a gen 5. You have to take the front bumper off. A lot easier than it sounds 15 mins total. There are shims under the bolts at the top of the bumper. Make sure you note where they go.
    Last edited by BJG32; 01-14-2017 at 06:41 PM.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by BJG32 View Post
    Sounds like you have a gen 5. You have to take the front bumper off. A lot easier than it sounds 15 mins total. There are shims under the bolts at the top of the bumper. Make sure you note where they go.
    Yes I do have a 2016 Gen V. I have to take the bumper off? Really? Wow I didn't think I had to do that just for some ducts. But if you say its straightforward then maybe I should try to do it I guess seeing I got the ducts.

You'll understand when you see the clips that hold the ducts on why it is necessary. No way to do it with bumper on.