Enthusiast

Informal lunch cruise to Starved Rock

Keri and I will be taking the back roads cruise (RT 6) to Starved Rock this afternoon. We plan on leaving Manhattan at 1:00. If anyone would like to join us, please meet us at the BP station at RT6 and I-55. Exit 246 or 248, I can't recall at the moment. We should be getting there around 1:30. We are basically driving to Starved Rock and going to have lunch at the lodge, then head back.

If anyone is interested in joining us, please drop me an email at lord_vader@rocketmail.com so that we know to be looking for you. Let me know before 1:00 otherwise we won't know to be looking for you. If you decide after 1:00, then you'll need to drive FAST and take chances to beat me to the BP.

Regards,

Alan English

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013

Notice just went out to membership yesterday about the opening of the forums.

Hope you guys had a good time. You sure picked a good day. Skies haven't been this blue in a while.

Winter is coming, my attitudes taking a dump...

Enthusiast
    There is a LOT better route than Rt6 to get there. I live in Morris and know a very nice route to get there...

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Angleiron View Post
    There is a LOT better route than Rt6 to get there. I live in Morris and know a very nice route to get there...
    Details please, for future reference.

Enthusiast
    I wish I had seen this earlier, I live in Channahon. You probably drove right by. It was a nice day, hope the drive went well.

Enthusiast
    I live in the quad cities, Iowa side, would love to meet up with other viper owners. I will keep a eye on this section for further trips

Enthusiast
    Go through Morris and cross the river. You will come to a stop light and the street is called Southmor (Bank on the corner, and a BP on the next corner). Turn right on Southmor. About 2 blocks down honk as you will be passing my house. Follow Southmor until you come to a T, turn right....go down and make the first left that you can. Take this to Dupont road...make a right. This will take you into Marseilles...stay on this road as you go underneath the bridge. You will stay on this road until you get to Ottawa. This will be the first light you come to after being on this road for awhile.

Turn right, and go until the light that is just before the bridge that goes over the Illinois river and turn left. This will take you right into Starved Rock. Lots of twists, and it is a very nice scenic drive.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Angleiron View Post
    Go through Morris and cross the river. You will come to a stop light and the street is called Southmor (Bank on the corner, and a BP on the next corner). Turn right on Southmor. About 2 blocks down honk as you will be passing my house. Follow Southmor until you come to a T, turn right....go down and make the first left that you can. Take this to Dupont road...make a right. This will take you into Marseilles...stay on this road as you go underneath the bridge. You will stay on this road until you get to Ottawa. This will be the first light you come to after being on this road for awhile.

Turn right, and go until the light that is just before the bridge that goes over the Illinois river and turn left. This will take you right into Starved Rock. Lots of twists, and it is a very nice scenic drive.
    Awesome. Thanks for the detailed info.

Enthusiast
    I just followed the route on Google Earth. Thanks for the new route info. It looks fun.

Enthusiast
    Taking this route today. Been a long time coming!!!

Enthusiast
    Glad you liked it. Next time stop by :-)