Enthusiast

Useful GEN V spark plug Info

I don't know why they make it so hard to find some simple info:

Engine Spark Plug

Gen 5 -8.4L
    Part # RE10PMC5 (Champion 3032)
    Gap: 1.27 mm (0.050 in.)
    Size: M14 X 1.25
    It looks like the Champions come out of the box gaped at .045". This is not an easy plug to find, however, Advance Auto does stock them locally or at the distribution hub, which gets them in one day.
    Last edited by City; 11-21-2016 at 08:18 AM.

Enthusiast
    Great info Jack. Thanks.

Enthusiast
    I made a Gen 3/4 torque specification and maintenance tracker spreadsheet a while back, and one of the tabs includes the spark plug info for future reference:

If they'd allow forum users to attach Excel files, I'd attach it to this post for everyone to download. In the meantime, I've just been sending it to people's email addresses that ask for it...if anyone wants a copy, I'll send it your way.

Enthusiast
    That is a pretty nice set of tables. As a side note, I checked three boxes of plugs for the "as manufactured" gap setting, they all (some exceptions) fell between .045 and .050. However, two plugs (from different boxes) had the electrodes bent so that there was no gap. The take-away is, if they haven't been mishandled there is little or no setting required.

You may want to make a note, the G5 recommends a torque of 13 ft lbs. Another concern is that no lubricant should be applied, that would reduce the torque by at least 25%.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve M View Post
    I made a Gen 3/4 torque specification and maintenance tracker spreadsheet a while back, and one of the tabs includes the spark plug info for future reference:

If they'd allow forum users to attach Excel files, I'd attach it to this post for everyone to download. In the meantime, I've just been sending it to people's email addresses that ask for it...if anyone wants a copy, I'll send it your way.

Thank Jack and Steve!

jack, mind if i add spark plug info to the title and put it in DIY section ? seems like it should be there
    THE IGNORE FEATURE WORKS, TRY IT...

Enthusiast
    not at all

Quote Originally Posted by plumcrazy View Post
    jack, mind if i add spark plug info to the title and put it in DIY section ? seems like it should be there

Web Site Committee
    Tech Team
    I'll add GEN V to the title.
    2008 SRT10 Open Roof (1 of 2)
    2022 BMW X5M Comp
    Resident Misanthrope