Enthusiast

Went to the bank to get cash out of the ATM and came home with this

2016 Dodge Crewcab 3500 Laramie 4x4 long bed... Really like the truck, I've had Ford Power strokes since 1995, but I got a KILLER deal, and my brother who owns a small trucking co. SWEARS by the Cummins engines, and so does my Dad.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MI Viper; 11-03-2016 at 07:45 AM.

You went to the ATM and bought a truck?? LOL Cummins are great diesels.

I am a F350 guy, but had a 2007 Cummings. Great truck. Only thing that worried me was the trans. Stock ok, any type of tuner or performance parts, $6k bill for a new trans.
    09 ACR With all the goodies
    99 ACR TT 99 red RT/10 Roe S/C
    97 B/W RT/10 TT 94 RT/10 TT

Enthusiast
    I just have one question. How big is that effin ATM? It's gotta be huge!

That's a hell of a rig. I have always thought the cummins is the way to go. I really like the old 12 valve but it's loud and obviously they have moved on. Bulletproof motors though. Still less moving parts then the competitors and they put out asphalt shredding torque!

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vprbite View Post
    I just have one question. How big is that effin ATM? It's gotta be huge!

That's a hell of a rig. I have always thought the cummins is the way to go. I really like the old 12 valve but it's loud and obviously they have moved on. Bulletproof motors though. Still less moving parts then the competitors and they put out asphalt shredding torque!
    Thanks guys, and I didn't talk to the wife BEFORE I bought it, and when I pulled up, the my detailer had just finished washing the Viper, and the wife was pulling it back into the garage, she got out, saw the Dodge, and calmly said, " You are taking that back"! I let her cool down for a hour or so, took her to dinner, and told her I have 4 words for her, "Lifetime Power train warranty", (Which I got as part of the deal from my local Dodge/SRT dealer!). And then I let her drive it, and she really like the ride of it, (It has the Dodge Factory rear air ride suspension option in it, and it does ride a lot nicer than my old 2006 F-350) Now I'm going to get it under coated, mudflaps, and 3M film the front of the truck.
    Last edited by MI Viper; 11-03-2016 at 07:44 AM.

Very nice. I've had my current Ram (see sig below) for 8 months now (my 4th one in 20 years, including an Cummins and a V10), and while they've all been good trucks, this is the best one yet. Build quality is excellent, comfy, all the bells and whistles, and not one single issues

Good luck with it!

Quote Originally Posted by MI Viper View Post
    Thanks guys, and I didn't talk to the wife BEFORE I bought it, and when I pulled up, the my detailer had just finished washing the Viper, and the wife was pulling it back into the garage, she got out, saw the Dodge, and calmly said, " You are taking that back"! I let her cool down for a hour or so, took her to dinner, and told her I have 4 words for her, "Lifetime Power train warranty", (Which I got as part of the deal from my local Dodge/SRT dealer!). And then I let her drive it, and she really like the ride of it, (It has the Dodge Factory rear air ride suspension option in it, and it does ride a lot nicer than my old 2006 F-350) Now I'm going to get it under coated, mudflaps, and 3M film the front of the truck.
    you will pay for the wife thing for the next 35 years, they don't forget!!lol

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesrt View Post
    Oh I know it, she is revising her X-mas list as I type now! I had to give her the Viper last year, after I bought another boat.... It's all good, she puts up with all my OCD habits, Here's couple more pics

Enthusiast
    It does ride really nice, can't wait to see how she tows the 388. Last of the new pics

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesrt View Post
    Ya know why so many women are archeologists? Cause they love to dig up the past

I dint know how you married guys do it man. Worrying about what the wife will say. That's why I'm not married. I have girlfriends until they do something hurtful like turn 30 : )

Nice rig. Let me know how the air ride works out. I've been concerned about having that on a new ram cause I go pretty far out in the backcountry and don't know what I would do if it went out on me. I know they test it but I guess I like old school components.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vprbite View Post
    Ya know why so many women are archeologists? Cause they love to dig up the past

I dint know how you married guys do it man. Worrying about what the wife will say. That's why I'm not married. I have girlfriends until they do something hurtful like turn 30 : )

Nice rig. Let me know how the air ride works out. I've been concerned about having that on a new ram cause I go pretty far out in the backcountry and don't know what I would do if it went out on me. I know they test it but I guess I like old school components.
    No worries here, she wants for nothing.... After all she got the snake in the deal!

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by MI Viper View Post
    No worries here, she wants for nothing.... After all she got the snake in the deal!
    I might marry you if there is a viper involved.