Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by JackKeane View Post
    That is awesome! Welcome! Blue with White is my absolute favorite. Dave has a gorgeous 96. It will be beautiful to see those bad boys side to side this season. Where do you live?
    I am from Millbury, this is a whole new world to me. I am coming from a 600whp Acura RSX to this. Mass emissions finally pushed me to the edge to buy the viper since I can't enjoy my old car anymore due to a flag. Always loved these cars and finally bought one, can't wait to drive it. It's been sitting pretty in my garage for the past week, furthest i drove it was down the driveway into the garage so far. I will definitely be taking it easy for awhile while i learn the car.

Quote Originally Posted by ACRSNK View Post
    Congrats! Look forward to seeing it.
    Thanks, I look forward to coming out and seeing some more Vipers.

They are not as scary as everyone says.

Best thing I can recommend to get a good feel for the car is coming along for the NY/CT VOA clubs yearly autocross event at Limerock Park in CT. No walls to wreck into so you can really get on it and most likely worst case would be getting some grass/dirt in your bumper or rims. There's time trials so you can see how you're really doing, you can do the skid pad to get the feel for when it's about to let go, ride along with some amazing drivers in their cars (everything from a gen1 on slicks to a 5ACRE) and those drivers will also ride along with you to give you pointers. It was only $160 for the day if I remember correctly. Some say the best bang for the buck mod are gears. I think it's the driver mod personally haha!

Enthusiast
    They are not as scary as everyone says.

Best thing I can recommend to get a good feel for the car is coming along for the NY/CT VOA clubs yearly autocross event at Limerock Park in CT. No walls to wreck into so you can really get on it and most likely worst case would be getting some grass/dirt in your bumper or rims. There's time trials so you can see how you're really doing, you can do the skid pad to get the feel for when it's about to let go, ride along with some amazing drivers in their cars (everything from a gen1 on slicks to a 5ACRE) and those drivers will also ride along with you to give you pointers. It was only $160 for the day if I remember correctly. Some say the best bang for the buck mod are gears. I think it's the driver mod personally haha!
    Would def be up for trying that, going to try to borrow a boroscope from my coworker and investigate if the baffles were installed on my oil pan or not. I see it can be an issue when autocrossing. Also the previous owner seemed to do spirited driving since theres a roll bar installed. Not sure if he installed baffles or not so i figured during an oil change ill get a camera popped inside the oil pan so I can figure out if I have baffles or not.

Also looking forward to Kimball's this year!

Enthusiast
    What day is Kimballs opener? And who is going to saturdays season opener?

Quote Originally Posted by jeff122886 View Post
    What day is Kimballs opener? And who is going to saturdays season opener?
    I want to say Kimballs starts sometime in May. I will be attending this Saturday. Would you like to meet up somewhere? There aren't a lot of us from this area. I usually meet up with a couple of my buddies that are from Shrewsbury and Boylston area, but neither of them are able to make the opener.....

Enthusiast
    Yea, that would be cool. Not sure how long I will stay, i am working nights this weekend so have to be home around 5ish.

Quote Originally Posted by jeff122886 View Post
    Yea, that would be cool. Not sure how long I will stay, i am working nights this weekend so have to be home around 5ish.
    Seeing that you can't pm... feel free to send me a text, 9 seven 8 three zero two 9 9 three 8 -Jeremy

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth78 View Post
    Seeing that you can't pm... feel free to send me a text, 9 seven 8 three zero two 9 9 three 8 -Jeremy
    Can I send you a text too?

Enthusiast
    when is opening day for kimballs?

I think it's already going. Website says every Friday starting May.

Enthusiast
    cool, does anyone on here go on a regular? There is the Auburn Elks show this Friday too.

I try to make it out as often as I can. Stealth78 goes as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ACRSNK View Post
    Can I send you a text too?
    HAHA! Anytime you want!

I wanna go Friday! Anyone in ? I might just go to check out the cars. might take the Riced out Mazda 3

Quote Originally Posted by Martin2000GTS View Post
    I wanna go Friday! Anyone in ? I might just go to check out the cars. might take the Riced out Mazda 3
    I might go if I can get out of work early enough. Would love to see that Mazda!

I’ll be headed there tomorrow as long as the weather is nice. We’ll see if anyone else shows. Technically I don’t think it starts until next Friday but I’m sure some will show up anyway.

Enthusiast
    Anyone heading up this friday?

Hey Jeff I was hoping to but it’s looking like a wash out unfortunately.

Enthusiast
    Hey Jeff I was hoping to but it’s looking like a wash out unfortunately.
    Yea. I noticed that, maybe another time

This is another nice spot to meet. Hoping to head out there in the next few weeks.

Enthusiast
    I think im going tonight, anyone interested??

I'd be interested in going to Kimballs. Anyone still going this year? Might not take the Viper the first time, I want to see how many sticky fingers there are first.

Sorry, just seen this thread, even though it's two years old...

I was thinking about going. Depends on what time I can get out of work. Definitely worth going. Lot’s of nice cars.

I would like to go once this year. When do they stop?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast