Question GEN 3 stock hp limit? application?

hey guys,

hope you all are having a good day. not sure how many of us are on facebook, i asked this question on those forums and nobody could give me an answer im a new owner of a 2006 voi9 viper #60 and im curios to know, how much hp can a stock motor take to be considered not safe anymore?

im looking at diy kits ive always been fairly mechanically inclined ive supercharged a 2.4 ecotec and build an rb24 from the ground up and have plans of 800-1000hp with that

as i was saying im planning a twin turbo diy build. i hear 600hp is a piece of cake but i dont hear much after that?

this would be a fair challenge for me, as im used to having tons of room and a lot less cylinders under the hood lol

also i hear the gen 3s all have t56 transmissions, the 2008+ have the t6060's correct? so that would essentially limit me to 700hp with the driveline

either way any input is helpfull, heres a rough draft.

(2) hx35/hy35/hx40 - possibly borg warner turbos.
    ebay 4 inch intercooler
    triple pass radiator
    ebay intercooler piping
    fuel pump upgrade -8 -10 an fittings
    fuel injectors
    ecu? can i tune this ecu or do i need to go aftermarket for my power goals (have access to hp tuners currently)
    b.o.v wastegates and fab work etc.
    headers
    bigger throttle body if i need one?

wanting to spend 5k or less on a custom setup maybe more to do things right either way thanks for the info!

viper1.jpg

Enthusiast
    Your weak link will be the cast pistons , powdered rods and Rod bearings . After 650- 675 wheel horsepower it then becomes Russian roulette .

Enthusiast
    J TNT is right

Best bet would be to reach out to Todd @ A&C or Dan @ Viper Specalties for their advice. Both build big G3 motors and have a ton of knowledge on the motor as well as the driveline

We have made over 1500whp with a gen 3 engine. Just need to build them right. You are going to be very space limited using either of those turbos without hacking the car up.

Stock block you will be limited to 700whp, even at 700whp its a risk over time. Your biggest problem is going to be your 5k budget.
    Here is a link to my paxton supercharger diy from last year.
    http://driveviper.com/forums/threads...axton-G3-Build

Here is my TT build from this year with built block diy.
    http://driveviper.com/forums/threads...in-Turbo-Build

j tnt thank you for the advice your definitely right.

paulp thank you for sharing your build thread i was having a hard time looking up diy turbos, it seems a lot of people go with the paxtons its easy power to attain and its relatively cheap, plus you dont have to open the engine up.

sadly i dont have a fortune to spend on my viper. i actually do have a precision 6262 dual ball bearing sitting on the shelf in the garage, maybe ill buy another one lol

i think ill start off small 650ish hp with a pair of turbos, then slowly buy rods, pistons, bearings, cams, and all that good stuff. stockpile some parts for a while until i can afford to have the motor sent off for a full build.

sadly i think im on the low end of annual income compared to most viper owners, so everything i do has to be done in time, and most of the time done with my own two hands.

seeing these 1000+ hp builds does give me quite a bit of motivation though ive been in 600hp 240sx's that weigh 2800 #s i can only imagine what these beasts feel like with 1000 ponies prancing around lol

Try and buy parts you wont have to replace later on your build even if you have to save up would be my advice, Good luck on your build buds.