Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Any updates on this?

Where exactly is everyones failing so that I can be sure to Aerospace 303 the hell out of mine?

Quote Originally Posted by Boosted Motorsports View Post
    Where exactly is everyones failing so that I can be sure to Aerospace 303 the hell out of mine?
    The entire weather stripping on the driver's side door stanchion will start to pull away from the stanchion. Luckily I found a complete and new stanchion to replace it with.

Mine started to pull apart at the very top. I applied some weatherstrip adhesive to it and clamped it down while it cured. Seems to be holding well now but I'm tuned in for replacements as it looks like I'll be in the market at some time in the future.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by SnakeWatching View Post
    this weatherstrip could be cut to go all the way up the window, if someone does not have a top rubber gasket. in fact I was thinking of doing that to mine, but I am chicken since you can't get replacements and I have so few miles on my GTS.

Are there any volunteers to try this? I am in western MD and would install it for free (for the knowledge). PM me if interested.

No one wants their weatherstrip fixed for free????? (limited time offer, for 1 or 2 lucky people).
    Quote Originally Posted by MH60M View Post
    Any updates on this?
    I did not get any responses back when I offered to fix someones for free in exchange for "testing purposes". One of the Viper vendors connected me with a test person. After looking at the persons weatherstrip, theirs was fine and just needed to be reattached.

Please remember these do not look exactly like the weatherstrip it replaces (is not hard as a rock and does not have a decorative rib running down it). They are much more flexible than OEM and will not pop off like the OEM strip if pressed hard (like a car transport guy climbing through the drivers window, with window down, to drive car out of trailer and they squeeze in and pop the weatherstrip off).

Any volunteers? for outer weatherstrip? RT10 or GTS? (I would like a truthful 2nd opinion before letting these get out).

NOTE: if your weatherstrip is falling or fell off, don't get mine, just get 3M Black Super Weatherstrip adhesive and reattach after cleaning mounting points. (use gloves as this black adhesive is very stringy).

I'll send you my drivers side if I can find all the pieces of it. I ordered the passenger side last week to the tune of $350ea.

Enthusiast
    My passenger side is complete gone, inner and outer. It looks like crap.
    2017-04-17 22_43_27-Gen 2 GTS Outer Stanchion Cover weatherstrip upgrade_replacement - Page 2.jpg
    Last edited by 03evoIII; 04-17-2017 at 11:45 PM.

Enthusiast
    I think the reason why a lot of the drivers door weatherstrips are popped off is because when I was watching my Viper being driven out of the transport, the driver had to climb into the viper through the drivers side window opening (with not much room to move around), to be able to drive the car out. You put a big guy going through a tight opening and .... pop goes the weatherstrip.
    That's exactly what I had to do, Someone in a Lamborghini Miura had parked a bit too close to me and I had to lean into the car to move it (the window was down) I released the handbrake and gently moved the car forward to open the door, but as I pulled myself away from the door I heard a crack and the weatherstrip had popped off!

I used two part epoxy adhesive to glue it back on and has been fine ever since.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by 03evoIII View Post
    My passenger side is complete gone, inner and outer. It looks like crap.
    2017-04-17 22_43_27-Gen 2 GTS Outer Stanchion Cover weatherstrip upgrade_replacement - Page 2.jpg
    My weatherstrip only fits the outside. Now what I don't know is if the RT10 outside strip is the same strip as the GTS (it looks the same to me, but I do not know for sure). Of course the Stanchion unit between the 2 cars is different, but maybe not the weatherstrip.

Also the way mine fits, I have left them on my GTS without any glue yet. I can move the windows up and down and they do not budge. I think its because mine has a curved lip that wraps about 1/4 inch around the outside stanchion cover and grips well. When the windows are down the strip flexes towards the inside window weatherstrip and seals off the gap between the two.

Enthusiast
    Bump.

My drivers side was lost when my car was repainted.

Does this go all the way to the top? My problem is with the curved part that I boxed in red.

rubber2.jpg

Enthusiast
    Interested in Ohio. Did you complete the documentation completely? I would try it and give you a review if its that far along? 2k gts

Let me know when you get it right. I need the drivers side like everyone else.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by 98RedGTS View Post
    Does this go all the way to the top? My problem is with the curved part that I boxed in red.

rubber2.jpg
    Yes, I can cut a section that goes all the way to the top (and should stop any water that hits the leading edge of the weatherstrip) BUT if you are missing the top curved weatherstrip, you have a square opening in the top of the stanchion where the gasket used to be true? (which would let water in).

Enthusiast
    How far from kits are you?

Enthusiast
    Good question, no other Viper owner (other than myself) has seen my weatherstrip replacement.

This weekend 5 Viper owners will get to see them and give me their opinion in person.

I need a 2nd opinion before doing anything.

Im located in MD outside if annapolis. I dont need any stripping at this point but do need to re glue the lower 4 inches of my drivers side. Id be curious to see what your working with.

Enthusiast
    Good question, no other Viper owner (other than myself) has seen my weatherstrip replacement.

This weekend 5 Viper owners will get to see them and give me their opinion in person.

I need a 2nd opinion before doing anything.
    What was the outcome sir?

Enthusiast
    Interested in a driver side for my '00. Mine is just completely missing!

Enthusiast
    Kids these days...... I'll swear!

Everyone wants New Everything. How about FIXING something for a change? Nobody's ever tried cleaning the surfaces really well and using a cut-up bicycle inner tube and some rubber cement to patch it all back together again on the backside????

Signed:
    Grumpy Old Baby Boomer/Curmudgeon/DIY-er.
    Last edited by GTS Dean; 10-15-2017 at 02:03 PM.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by GTS Dean View Post
    Kids these days...... I'll swear!

Everyone wants New Everything. How about FIXING something for a change? Nobody's ever tried cleaning the surfaces really well and using a cut-up bicycle inner tube and some rubber cement to patch it all back together again on the backside????

Signed:
    Grumpy Old Baby Boomer/Curmudgeon/DIY-er.
    I mean, I would love to fix it but it just isn't there...

Enthusiast
    Keep an eye on the flood recovery auctions. There are already some Vipers beginning to come up.

Quote Originally Posted by GTS Dean View Post
    Keep an eye on the flood recovery auctions. There are already some Vipers beginning to come up.
    Im curious to see how many cars were affected by this last go around of storms. I cant imagine how many vipers are floating around Houston. Hopefully most got them our in time.

Enthusiast
    Well, here's one that didn't make it. Sorry about the sideways orientation. That's not how it looks on the source file.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi,

first post. I'm also looking for the rubber strip of the stanchion cover of driver side. Any success to recreate it as I read here someone was trying to duplicate it?

Thanks

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast