Enthusiast

WTF??? Gen 2 gets destroyed by claw.

What happened here? What a waste.

http://youtu.be/Jdp8auBPGp0

THE IGNORE FEATURE WORKS, TRY IT...

Enthusiast
    Sad thing is in the comments it says "4 more to go". Stupid regardless of whatever the reason(s).

Enthusiast
    This is very very sad to see.

Enthusiast
    When I toured the Conner Ave Plant in 1997 they showed us several Vipers parked at the back of the building. They said they were engineering cars with no VINs and they were required to be destroyed. I guess that is common, but not having a Viper at the time it made me sad. I would have gladly given any of them a home.

I wish they could at least auction them off as "scrap" without destroying them. Seems like a stupid waste to me. In a hundred years, people will be cringing at the fact that the historic pre-production vehicles were crunched just because some dumb-ass rule said they had to be.

That was painful to watch.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    I wish they could at least auction them off as "scrap" without destroying them. Seems like a stupid waste to me. In a hundred years, people will be cringing at the fact that the historic pre-production vehicles were crunched just because some dumb-ass rule said they had to be.
    Politicians...

Enthusiast
    Probably because there is something stupid painted on the hood and it ruined the car.

Simply maddening, and stupidly wasteful. Our economy can not tolerate such crap. Parted out, that car could have put food on someone's table, or some appliances in the kitchen. Instead it gets flushed. Dumb.

Web Site Committee

makes no sense. why not part the car out and sell the 10-$15,000 worth of parts on it instead of doing that?

Enthusiast
    Jalopnik has this and I find some of the comments funny: "At ~2:00 you can see a bloke with a large camcorder and a girl 'filming' with an Ipad. On a wrecker's yard? WTF are the doing there? You only see such people near burning Saabs." LOL. http://jalopnik.com/sweet-merciful-c...-by-1495645975
    Last edited by ViperTony; 01-07-2014 at 09:12 PM.

I honestly think it was head injury Wednesday at the salvage yard. The guy filming is laughing and snickering like he belongs on the set of Deliverance.

Enthusiast
    If these were any kind of preproduction cars, I am guessing there would be legal liability for Chrysler if any of those cars made it into the general market than had failures later. I also read where this was part of some divorce case and the guy was destroying evidence. Either way though it was tough to watch.