Enthusiast

Wheel repair and chroming

Just wondering if anyone knows someone reputable to repair and re-chrome my wheels. And no I didn't do it. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Grave Digger View Post
    Just wondering if anyone knows someone reputable to repair and re-chrome my wheels. And no I didn't do it. LOL
    Don't know how bad your wheel is but Cal-Chrome repaired some minor bends in mine and chromed them. These are their pics they e-mail you before they ship them out.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Sybil TF; 01-06-2014 at 10:12 PM.

Enthusiast
    Wow real nice. Mine have minor bends and the chrome is bubbling in a spot. Was also thinking about going black chrome this time. Thanks Sybil

Enthusiast
    Sybil- just did a search and wanted to confirm California chrome wheel inc. is the same company right?

i have had a wheel fixed and a buddy has had a few wheels done by USA wheels in fairfield nj
    THE IGNORE FEATURE WORKS, TRY IT...

Sybil- just did a search and wanted to confirm California chrome wheel inc. is the same company right?
    Yes. It was $75.00 extra per repair. You can also see I spent an extra $100 per wheel to have the inner barrel high polished before it was chromed for a nice smooth barrel that will make brake dust easy cleaning.
    Last edited by Sybil TF; 01-06-2014 at 10:11 PM.

Enthusiast
    Those really turned out nice!

Grave Digger, below is the guys me and other NY/CT Club members use.

Mario Caminero
    914-654-1010
    Pro-Formance Industries
    www.proformanceindustries.com

Enthusiast
    clarify that you want the inner barrel done as well. some chromers will quote you a good price, but only do the face.

I used a company called rimguard. I think they are a franchise, my wheels were bent, road rashed, and needed powder coating, they did chrome as well, but they did a great job.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX BLK View Post
    Grave Digger, below is the guys me and other NY/CT Club members use.

Mario Caminero
    914-654-1010
    Pro-Formance Industries
    www.proformanceindustries.com
    I'm going to contact these guys this week. My daily driver wheels are severely corroded from the calcium chloride on the roads.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBadViper View Post
    I used a company called rimguard. I think they are a franchise, my wheels were bent, road rashed, and needed powder coating, they did chrome as well, but they did a great job.
    Did your wheels need to have any metal welded to the rim and then machined to the original profile? Did they do the job with the wheels on the car or off?

Enthusiast
    If you didn't know, I do wheel repair as well. Bent, curbed, machined, cracked etc. pretty much anything to do with wheel repairs. Feel free to PM for any info and/or my .02 I be glad to help in any way.