Thread: Very sad for me

Very sad for me

Ohio viper club seems to be in flames...
    It appears as though,,,
    seven out of eight officers / directors
    have resigned and walked out leaving only the club president, ..all seven who resigned seem to have the same moral complaints also.

When its 7 opinions against one, it aint usually the group of 7 thats messed up, lol.

Enthusiast
    Hope you have a fast resolution . Not what I expected .

Enthusiast
    Change President and all is well?

Enthusiast
    Use the Board on here as a 3rd party and figure out a solution. Without knowing the details it is hard to fix the problem.

Bruce

Enthusiast
    I have been watching this situation develop over the last few months. We only attend a few of the events every year so we don't know the inner workings of the Region. Any time so many members leave in mass (with some banned from the club) you have to wonder what's going on. I switched my membership from the VCA to the VOA when this club was formed. I would like to see the National Board look into this and make some sort of statement.

Enthusiast
    And what exactly happened?

Enthusiast
    Ohio club has accomplished quite a lot over the last 20 years , more than most clubs . I hope people don't loose site of all the goodwill many have put in !!!
    I would also recommend sorting out issues within and failing that ask National for help.
    Airing out laundry in a public forum typically adds to drama.
    Hoping everyone involved takes the High Road.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I have been watching this situation develop over the last few months. We only attend a few of the events every year so we don't know the inner workings of the Region. Any time so many members leave in mass (with some banned from the club) you have to wonder what's going on. I switched my membership from the VCA to the VOA when this club was formed. I would like to see the National Board look into this and make some sort of statement.
    How will this affect the Mopar Nats event? I normally drive 15 hours to go to this and hang out with the Ohio guys because it is such a great event. The people in the Ohio club are the best.
    09 ACR With all the goodies
    99 ACR TT 99 red RT/10 Roe S/C
    97 B/W RT/10 TT 94 RT/10 TT

Better check back later on.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013

I'm hoping they're at the end of this based on my discussions with all. Unfortunately some communications which were made public happened in the past, so it makes it hard to follow what is current and what resulted. And putting it on facebook and the public forums also carries ripples, I suggest we wait for those folks to resolve. I know many regions (and over many years) who have internal struggles. Clubs don't fail people, people fail people. It happens, people aren't always going to agree and sometimes is escalates. This isn't' a business, we don't have bosses who simply decide for everyone - volunteerism adds that tough facet, you need to want to work with each other. You can put all the rules you want in place, and while I'm a believer that good fences make good neighbors, there's a realm you just can't control when folks have issues with one another. I've been very open (and critical) of any actions that I felt were wrong in any case. I do feel those thoughts are accepted for the most part (and most of them feel that perhaps I'm not supporting them when I don't agree), but I'm trying to provide perspective.

As I think everyone knows - when people are pissed with one another, logic doesn't simply make those feelings go away. The sad part is, I know all the people involved really do want to protect the club and do what's best for members, but when you hurt each other and it gets personal, then we need to let some of this take it's course. With some help, I think that's happening. Let's not dump fuel on the fire and let it take it's natural course.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by FLATOUT View Post
    And what exactly happened?
    Massive Pissing contest that went VERY,VERY WRONG.

What kind of moral complaints are you referring to?

Enthusiast
    Settle it with a drag race. This is the only way we can be sure.

Enthusiast
    Bump. Who won?

Enthusiast
    Their are never any real winners in something like this. I will say this the issues are now in the past and that is where they will remain. All parties have moved on and are looking for a enjoyable 2017.

Enthusiast
    Is this anything to do of why the new Midwest region was formed?

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboy 18 View Post
    Is this anything to do of why the new Midwest region was formed?
    Do you mean the Western Reserve Region?
    The answer is simple NO.
    The entire reason for the new region is very simple. There are over 750 miles from the east side of PA and the Westside of Ohio. Their are a large group of PA members on the far East side of the state and the middle is pretty empty. Their is a group of members on the west side of Ohio. With that being said if you are in between the to you have a ton of miles to drive to events and that was making it difficult to be able to enjoy the car's and meet friends. So a group of us where asked if we could see about forming a new region that would cover that area in between. So 40 members who have had to make a choice to either drive over 4 hours to a event or stay back and miss out no longer have to. The goal is to bring the events to a group of members who have been missing out. We are always looking to combine events with the other clubs to make for even bigger Viper meeting. The list of planned events for the first year is impressive if I do say so myself. The event list will be posted in just a few weeks. Hope to see everyone at a Western Reserve VOA event in 2017

Enthusiast
    Got It, thanks very much for putting me and I'm sure a few others in the picture. And sorry yes, I did mean the "Western Reserve"

Best of luck getting things rolling. We have a similar problem in the UK, there are members in the North of the country that can't make many of the southern events some of us attend and also when it comes to a christmas meal too, it can be several hundred miles in traffic for a return trip.

Merry Christmas

No drama like car club drama.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboy 18 View Post
    Got It, thanks very much for putting me and I'm sure a few others in the picture. And sorry yes, I did mean the "Western Reserve"

Best of luck getting things rolling. We have a similar problem in the UK, there are members in the North of the country that can't make many of the southern events some of us attend and also when it comes to a christmas meal too, it can be several hundred miles in traffic for a return trip.

Merry Christmas
    Merry Christmas to you and everyone on the other side of the pond

Enthusiast
    I can say I've attended the Ohio spring party in past years and it was awesome. Cool auctions, activities, food, and peeps. Hope it sorts itself out. Have always hoped the Indiana chapter would eventually get to the point the Ohio group was at just a couple years ago. They had 3 brand new G5 vipers for test drives and donuts/burnouts at the party one year and Dick W brought the first arrow heads/cam car the next year. Was a great group.