Enthusiast

TPMS with 19's & 20's?

So you guys with aftermarket wheels, do you use TPMS? I'm getting 19's & 20's and I was curious what others have done. Did you use factory sensors or aftermarket factory replacements or none at all?

thanks.

Enthusiast
    I never bothered to run them in the Gen 3 and 4, because the TPMS system in that car is archaic and can't even tell you the psi in each tire. All it does is show LO TIRE in the odometer area. TPMS are really only "needed" if you use run-flat tires, because you can't tell when they are flat/empty. On regular tires, you can tell visually when a tire is low. The Gen 5 TPMS system is much better, it even self-learns new sensors just from driving on them.

Tony

Enthusiast
    Just added sensors to my 20/20 combo. Contact Luke at Tire Rack. Offers the best price I can find. Wow! My 100th post already
    Last edited by St.Char; 01-05-2014 at 10:13 PM.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nine Ball View Post
    I never bothered to run them in the Gen 3 and 4, because the TPMS system in that car is archaic and can't even tell you the psi in each tire. All it does is show LO TIRE in the odometer area. TPMS are really only "needed" if you use run-flat tires, because you can't tell when they are flat/empty. On regular tires, you can tell visually when a tire is low. The Gen 5 TPMS system is much better, it even self-learns new sensors just from driving on them.

Tony
    So I'll just have a light on the dash? No annoying beep, buzzer or alarm.

Enthusiast
    You'll get one tiny "bing" upon startup, and the odometer will say "LO TIRE" underneath it. Nothing else.

Enthusiast
    I can live with that.
    Thanks Tony.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nine Ball View Post

Tony
    Thats awesome that the Gen 5s can learn them like that. I'm getting some ADV1 19s & 20s within a week or so (waiting for shipment). So thank you "Mr. Bill" your thread helped answer a question I never even thought of