Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Viper expertise in Canada

I have a couple of projects I would like to have completed and do not know who I should get my car to. We always hear about the experts in the US but never about anyone in Canada. Could someone please provide insight? I will certainly ship if I can connect.

Enthusiast
    Reach out to Garrett Nalepka at Raceway Chrysler in Toronto. He's the Viper tech there and is a member of the Ontario chapter of the VOA. My personal experience with Garrett has always been excellent. He uses the name "Garron" on the viper forums.

Enthusiast
    Garron is the only one I've heard of up there. Depending on where you are Viper Specialty is in upstate NY if I remember right.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by black08 View Post
    Reach out to Garrett Nalepka at Raceway Chrysler in Toronto. He's the Viper tech there and is a member of the Ontario chapter of the VOA. My personal experience with Garrett has always been excellent. He uses the name "Garron" on the viper forums.
    Thank you for the kind words

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Garron is the only one I've heard of up there. Depending on where you are Viper Specialty is in upstate NY if I remember right.
    Same person lol,

Where are you in Canada Sharky?

Enthusiast
    What are you wanting to get done bud?

Would really like to add a supercharger or twin turbo. I have heard good things about Davenport in Calgary as well as Zahir at ZR but had not heard anything directly from Viper owners as to who they had used for work they had done. I thought having European cars was an addiction. This Viper thing is a sickness. Thankfully I have a wife who thinks these cars are cheaper than therapy.

Hi Garron, I'm in Saskatchewan. Looking to get a supercharger or twin turbo set up. I have a 06 Coupe with some internals done on it already but looking to possibly take it up a notch.

Enthusiast
    A bolt on super charger would be easy and Davenport would be able to tune it for you no problem. ZR doesn't do much with Vipers. They are mainly Lambo and Ferrari. If you're going the TT route I would think you want to make sure it gets done by somebody that knows their stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizzo View Post
    A bolt on super charger would be easy and Davenport would be able to tune it for you no problem. ZR doesn't do much with Vipers. They are mainly Lambo and Ferrari. If you're going the TT route I would think you want to make sure it gets done by somebody that knows their stuff.
    Thanks Rizzo. I was in to see Zahir awhile ago looking at their yellow twin turbo 360 Spyder. Had not decided at that point to do something with this car. I will contact Davenport to get some input from them. Summer better come quickly as this winter is getting more expensive by the moment

Web Site Committee

Quote Originally Posted by black08 View Post

I don't vouch for people often meeting my quality standards, but I do with Garron. He does do good work. I have observed this on many peoples cars, not just mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post

Yes. VS is in Buffalo area.

Enthusiast
    The True North Strong and Free Ontario, Canada
    The problem up here in Canada is we don't have many guys who put these types of Mods onto their cars (SC or TT). When they do, they either don't join the club or they don't cruise with the car for one reason or another. We do have some great engine builders and forced induction shops up here. If they would just get involved more with advertising and or sponsoring, they would be better known and have more people trust the builds and work.
    Garrett at raceway is the only trusting guy we have here in the Toronto area and thus we all look to him to do it all. He is also one hell of a guy as well and a VOA member and part of our board here.

Thanks everyone. I really appreciate all the input. I am wanting to get a couple things done while the white stuff is covering the highways and biways.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    Thanks Rizzo. I was in to see Zahir awhile ago looking at their yellow twin turbo 360 Spyder. Had not decided at that point to do something with this car. I will contact Davenport to get some input from them. Summer better come quickly as this winter is getting more expensive by the moment
    I haven't heard much positive from most people regarding ZR, are you thinking of leaning more towards the turbo or supercharger? What do you plan to run for engine management? If you have any questions let me know I do a lot of race car fabrication and tuning!

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolution View Post
    I haven't heard much positive from most people regarding ZR, are you thinking of leaning more towards the turbo or supercharger? What do you plan to run for engine management? If you have any questions let me know I do a lot of race car fabrication and tuning!
    Where are you based out of REV?

Quote Originally Posted by slitherv10 View Post
    Where are you based out of REV?
    I'm in Edmonton and I'm also a certified Tuner with several systems such as AEM etc, I also have my own little 2.0l turbo car that I street drive that on its old setup made 1000Whp and hopefully around 1200Whp this year! All the work on this car minus machine work on the block was done by myself!

New custom turbo setup for this year, all S/S exhaust manifold, chassis work, custom 5 stage drysump, and pretty much everything you see here was done by myself

Some pics of the manifold all Tig'd out

Fitting a 5 stage R4 dry sump system

25.4 Chassis

Here is a fixture we did up to allow us to drill out bearing for use with aluminum rods. For anyone that doesn't know you need to run a dowel in aluminum rods to keep the bearings from spinning.

Here is a stock 6 bolt rod that was machined flat

Then machined the rod out and pressed in a hardened insert for the drill to ride in

Here is the final version done and tested

I'm going to be running coolant directly to my head this year so instead of just welding some AN fittings on I decieded to make something that can not only be switched to a different head but also if the AN fitting is damaged that too can be switched out

This is the timing belt side fitting and is a tolorance pressed in fitting

This fitting replaces the stock thermosat housing

This is the timing belt side fitting once it was pressed in the head

Should have mentioned too I have a Gen 4 with no head work or intake swaps running 10.8's@133.5Mph at over 3000 ft!
    Last edited by Revolution; 01-05-2014 at 03:52 PM.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizzo View Post
    Davenport actually can't tune anything. I just talked to them about a retune and they said they contract all their tuning out to a guy named Toma. Toma is very good, but I can easily get ahold of him myself without paying the huge surcharge Davenport will charge.

If I was going to have a just a S/C installed with a can tune from Paxton, then I would probably go to Davenport just because they warranty their work and have a good reputation of doing clean stuff. But for something like TT that requires more than just bolting on parts, I would just ship it south of the border to a reputable west coast shop.

Thanks for your input everyone. Will let you know what I find out.

Enthusiast
    Ron Miller in Calgary... knows viper engines well. if out west.... if you are in Ontario.. Dan at Viper Speciality

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Viktimize View Post
    Davenport actually can't tune anything. I just talked to them about a retune and they said they contract all their tuning out to a guy named Toma. Toma is very good, but I can easily get ahold of him myself without paying the huge surcharge Davenport will charge.

If I was going to have a just a S/C installed with a can tune from Paxton, then I would probably go to Davenport just because they warranty their work and have a good reputation of doing clean stuff. But for something like TT that requires more than just bolting on parts, I would just ship it south of the border to a reputable west coast shop.

Tuning a TT Viper is touchy. Different altitudes render different results. You could tune a Viper in California and when in Toronto it would need a re tune for altitude changes and temperature changes. Best to find someone locally or close to it anyway. That way you have someone to go to when things go wrong. If we continue to go south of the border, we will never have someone up here to work or build our Vipers. There are a lot of great builders up here in Canada, give them a chance. We should not be so quick at advising someone to seek help south of the border.

Tech Team

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    Would really like to add a supercharger or twin turbo. I have heard good things about Davenport in Calgary as well as Zahir at ZR but had not heard anything directly from Viper owners as to who they had used for work they had done. I thought having European cars was an addiction. This Viper thing is a sickness. Thankfully I have a wife who thinks these cars are cheaper than therapy.
    I've worked with Davensport awhile back, seemed to be a good group of guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Revolution View Post
    I'm in Edmonton and I'm also a certified Tuner with several systems such as AEM etc, I also have my own little 2.0l turbo car that I street drive that on its old setup made 1000Whp and hopefully around 1200Whp this year! All the work on this car minus machine work on the block was done by myself!

New custom turbo setup for this year, all S/S exhaust manifold, chassis work, custom 5 stage drysump, and pretty much everything you see here was done by myself

Some pics of the manifold all Tig'd out

Fitting a 5 stage R4 dry sump system

25.4 Chassis

Nice work Revolution!!

Bad Boyzz
    Toddy

Thanks Toddy I have been admiring your work, and your headers are works of art!
    Last edited by Revolution; 01-05-2014 at 06:24 PM.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by slitherv10 View Post
    [/B]

Tuning a TT Viper is touchy. Different altitudes render different results. You could tune a Viper in California and when in Toronto it would need a re tune for altitude changes and temperature changes. Best to find someone locally or close to it anyway. That way you have someone to go to when things go wrong. If we continue to go south of the border, we will never have someone up here to work or build our Vipers. There are a lot of great builders up here in Canada, give them a chance. We should not be so quick at advising someone to seek help south of the border.
    By all means if I could find somebody competent up here that's who I would use. If I need anything at this point, I would talk to Ron(Revolution). But for a TT kit it's not exactly a simple process and there is a lot of hack jobs out there. I'd rather have someone who has done multiple kits with good results do it for me. Finding a tuner up here is doable, so you can always have a tune redone when it gets back up here. Heads, cams, S/C's, etc I am fine with getting done up here, but I don't want to spend 30k testing the waters with a builder on a TT kit. That's just me.

Not that it matters. If I had a spare 30k lying around I would just sell my Gen3 and pick up a Gen5. lol

Enthusiast
    I had Davenport put on a paxton on my Gen II. I took it there a few years back in Nov and then had to flatbed it back to the house as it snowed but it was his down time so I got a much better deal. Clean work and was happy with it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast