1 of 1 program, ACR Extreme, future of the Viper

Few questions, please:

1.) If I build an ACR Extreme in the 1 of 1 program, is this a legitimate ACR Extreme, or just a 'clone'? Would it be identical to a real ACR Extreme? Same with the TA 1.0 package - is it possible to build a new TA Viper with the 1 of 1 program? Or will the TA Vipers always be unique? Also if you build a TA 1.0 in the 1 of 1 program, does the car come with the TA badging on the fender?

2.) What are you guys' thoughts on running a TA style Carbon Rear Wing on a ACR Extreme Viper for street use? I think the Carbon rear wing (found on the TA 1.0 package) looks amazing and would look incredible in place of the giant wing on the ACR Extreme car. Of course for track days just install the rear wing and splitter.

3.) We all heard the expected news today, but how l likely is it that we will see a Gen 6 Viper in a few years? Seems to be the way it goes for the life of Viper production.

Enthusiast
    1. ACR option on a GTC is still an ACR.
    Same as adding TA / TA2 to a SRT or a GTC. (full package not group)

2. Its your car, you can paint it pink and use TA1, TA2, ACR and ACRE wings all at the same time if you want.

3. No one knows anything except the G5 ends 2017. NO talk of a G6. None. Except guys who will say "a friend of a friend told me" or this one: "my inside guy at..."

Enthusiast
    Many figure the logical conclusion is the Viper will rise again in the future, just like the " Hemi" name, but few imagine it will ever be the same type of beast. Common sense says with EPA restrictions, etc. the next Snake will likely be something possibly Alfa based or elsewhere. I personally think it will return sometime in the future, though not immediate, but it will be a lot different -- think Porsche stopping naturally aspirated 3.8s and going to 3.0 Liters in their 911s. Even Ford GT and a twin turbo V6, and just canvas your favorite manufacturers from around the World-- even smaller machines who went away from V6s and now offer 4 cylinder turbos instead. This trend is as much an engineering necessity as a supposed consumer trend.

Long live the V10 Beast, it will , in my estimation, become a more valuable rarity in years to come, like many other machines, as the automotive wave of the future is now heavily entering the government dictated super efficient energy standards/safety standards legislated years back.

just like the mid 70,s to mid 90,s all the goodies got taken away

Enthusiast
    We can't talk about future products.

Bruce

Enthusiast
    Ha, ha ......... now Bruce , that shows you have a keen wit in using the art of sarcasm. Boy, ever since you ripped around Chelsea at over 125 mph you have become a new man, ha! Good post.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Pemberton View Post
    Ha, ha ......... now Bruce , that shows you have a keen wit in using the art of sarcasm. Boy, ever since you ripped around Chelsea at over 125 mph you have become a new man, ha! Good post.
    If only we could get him to rip around Hastings at 125 mph..

Enthusiast
    I just got my ACR-E and it is a legit million dollar car killer! The only difference is I have a custom badge, 18 speakers from the factory(everything is always better if it is listed on the Maroney label. This is why I ordered the CF cross brace when I could have gotten it cheaper thru the parts dept.), and carpet to cover the rear. LABrit got the nice interior, but it is still an ACR, just with nicer seats. We will have a 918 and brand new Aventador coming July 9th to our big car show. Can't wait to put them up next to each other!

Enthusiast
    He said he did go that fast at Hastings once, but then that was in Ted's car and he had changed the speedometer to Kilometers, ha.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Pemberton View Post
    Many figure the logical conclusion is the Viper will rise again in the future, just like the " Hemi" name, but few imagine it will ever be the same type of beast. Common sense says with EPA restrictions, etc. the next Snake will likely be something possibly Alfa based or elsewhere. I personally think it will return sometime in the future, though not immediate, but it will be a lot different -- think Porsche stopping naturally aspirated 3.8s and going to 3.0 Liters in their 911s. Even Ford GT and a twin turbo V6, and just canvas your favorite manufacturers from around the World-- even smaller machines who went away from V6s and now offer 4 cylinder turbos instead. This trend is as much an engineering necessity as a supposed consumer trend.

Long live the V10 Beast, it will , in my estimation, become a more valuable rarity in years to come, like many other machines, as the automotive wave of the future is now heavily entering the government dictated super efficient energy standards/safety standards legislated years back.

The government needs to stay the heck out of this. It would be a miracle if the government that is suppose to be of the people by the people would actually listen to the people. Sorry for the rant just had enough of the government trying to dictate over every aspect of our lives. LONG LIVE THE VIPER V-10!!