Thread: NOLA Lap Times?

Enthusiast

NOLA Lap Times?

I know a few of us had timers, but none of us have ever visited NOLA Motorsports before. My best lap was a 1:57.8, but it was a sloppy pass and I missed at least 2 lines on that banzai run. I only got 3 non-traffic laps the entire day, as my spirited fun was cut short on curbing a wheel on the T7 bump strips that I straddled. Damage was cosmetic, I still drove 7 hrs home.

Vehicle setup:

2014 TA 1.0
    Arrow PCM
    American Racing Headers + Corsa exhaust
    Carbotech brake pads
    Stock Pirelli Corsa tires (these were only good about 13-14 minutes for me, then began to understeer more and more).

Excellent track, btw. I had a blast out there!

Tony

Enthusiast
    Agree awesome time out there Tony. After following Mike L and Ben my lap times started falling. My personal quickest on Toyo R888's was a 1:54. I know Ben and Mike were quicker than I was.

I have never been at this track or even in this car and because of that did not feel I was really pushing it because it's not mine LOL. The Owner/friend JD timed me in the 1:47's. This is a Arrow Heads and cam car with Belanger/Corsa and MCS suspension we set up. Can't wait to try it out (maybe) with the 19/18 Forgelines and Michelin slicks!

20160514_145007.jpg
    20160514_144926.jpg
    20160514_144812.jpg
    20160514_145022.jpg

Enthusiast
    1:47 wasn't pushing it? Damn.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nine Ball View Post
    1:47 wasn't pushing it? Damn.
    I didn't put the Solo DL back in at Mark's request as he didn't want to chase lap times in someone else's car (wish I would have now, would have been a great learning tool). After a few laps and with a clear track he was really moving and I had a feeling that he was laying down some pretty sweet lap times so I took the iPhone timer out and started clocking his laps. First one I recorded was a 1:52, next was a 1:50, then 1:48, then the 1:47 and the session was over. Wonder how low he could have gone with more time? Most impressive driving Mark! Best I got was a 1:55 so I have a lot of work to do...

Quote Originally Posted by Nambo View Post
    I didn't put the Solo DL back in at Mark's request as he didn't want to chase lap times in someone else's car (wish I would have now, would have been a great learning tool). After a few laps and with a clear track he was really moving and I had a feeling that he was laying down some pretty sweet lap times so I took the iPhone timer out and started clocking his laps. First one I recorded was a 1:52, next was a 1:50, then 1:48, then the 1:47 and the session was over. Wonder how low he could have gone with more time? Most impressive driving Mark! Best I got was a 1:55 so I have a lot of work to do...
    Thanks again JD always a treat to drive your cars and make sure that what I do to them is right for you ;-) Only a true friend would trust me on the track with such an expensive piece of art!

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nambo View Post
    G-D!!

Mark,

You may want to consider writing a letter to MotorTrend next time they want Pobst to test the Viper...

Ummm NO LOL I would be

Quote Originally Posted by mnc2886 View Post
    G-D!!

Mark,

You may want to consider writing a letter to MotorTrend next time they want Pobst to test the Viper...

Enthusiast
    Very fast Mark, rediculous haw fast the new ACR's are stock and how much faster they are after we breath on them a little. Well done.

Andy

Enthusiast
    Never got in a car. I was gonna jump in Ron's new ACR for a session but he got pretty conservative with his front tires.