VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013

Red face NVE2 Has Drawn To a Close - A MASSIVE Success

As the dust begins to settle, and the town of New Orleans begins to calm after our Viper takeover, I want to say thanks to all who attended and helped with this event. The event truly went off well and the weather was perfect (we got LUCKY!). Everyone was treated to a great venue, good food, good tours, boat cruise, Viper cruise, free gifts, giveaways, shopping, vendors, and more track time then they've ever had at a national event (and perhaps any local event!). The auction was absolute insanity, we had one of a kind items and may have set a record on the most money taken in at a club auction ever. The store exceed our estimates by 8 fold - we sensed a variety of items is what people wanted and took a risk on creating a large offering. Based on the great response, you can be assured we'll then make even larger investments at the next event as variety seemed to be appreciated. Dodge spent hundreds of thousands supporting our event, my hat is off to them for their contributions!! And of course we awarded one of the largest prizes any club in history has ever done for such a small and privileged group. What a way to end it!

The energy before, during, and after the event was extreme. I love to see all the posts on the VOA forums and social media as it truly helps quantify what it means when people come together internationally and do something big. It was interesting sitting in restaurants and hearing people talk about "those sports cars that are all over the city". You couldn't be outside without hearing the distinct sound of Vipers in the distance. I especially want to thank our long distance attendee for traveling the farthest - Tateshi from Japan! Amazing.

NVE3 has been announced and since we need to head west, what better place than Vegas. There's a lot that goes into picking a location (more than I can get into) but for various reason this is a good hub for the next event. As we did before, we'll apply our new formula to make this a vacation style event and will strive to bring many of the high points we experienced. You can't have a bad time in Vegas, and we also plan on bringing costs down as well!

Thanks to all of our NVE2 team members, the many who help, the sponsors, the venues, and of course all of you. The work is always worth it when it all comes together. This was one wild week!

Until next time guys!!

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Houston

What a great event and I want to expressly thank you, Maurice, Ed, Sandi and Bob for making it happen in such a grand fashion! Let's see how we'll top this one in Vegas!

I am IN for Vegas! The numerous SoCal Vipers will invade Vegas!

Enthusiast
    Sorry we missed NVE2, sounds like it went extremely well! You can bet we will be at NVE3 for sure!!

Another awesome vacation. I'm ready to sign up for NVE 3! Lets start an early sign up sheet! LOL

Enthusiast
    Without a doubt, New Orleans was an experience like no other.

From traveling caravans, to Bourbon Street, I think New Orleans left an impression on all of us. It was unique, it was flavorful and full of history. Our Gulf Coast cruise included a trip to the Infinity Science Center to see even more rockets and the future of our space program. We moved along the beaches looking out at the gulf wondering just how far off Mexico was, hey it was 5 o' clock somewhere.

Speaking of which, the Riverboat cruise I'd have to say is the highlight of my New Orleans stay. That was absolutely fantastic and a great way to enjoy great food, Spirits and friends. The night of course, didn't end there. Nope. Folks, our little group was graced with the wonderful presence of the great Bill Pemberton! Bill my friend, you are one amazing character to hang around with!

The shopping was endless, but there's only so much you can put in a viper. Playing 'tetris' in the trunk is always a bit of a challenge but we got it done! Again, amazing stores, amazing restaurants. What were those square funnel cake things again? The simplest of foods in New Orleans grew a massive line at Cafe du Mond.

Finally, ending NVE2 at NOLA Motorsports Park was AWESOME. What better way to end the event with go karting, autocross, fun with our friends at Dodge, and the road course I had an absolute blast. I don't think I ever used the Go Pro that much! Thanks again to Andy at Viper Exchange for sticking me in the passenger seat of that insanely fast blue beast of his and I said it before, I'll say it again, that DSC suspension is wild! And that titanium exhaust, good lord you could stand out on I-10 and hear that thing but it sounds so good!

In closing, thanks Alex, Maurice, Sandi, Bob, Bryan, and EVERYONE else for putting together, coming to and working NVE2. What an amazing bunch of new memories and friendships made. I'll keep it brief, but just wait. I am doing an article about the event for Modern Mopar Magazine so as soon as it's done I'll let you all know.

Again, great job guys and I hope everyone made it home safely.

--RS

Outstanding event! Thank you Maurice, Ed, Alex, Jill, Sandi and Bob, and all the other regional presidents who gathered the troops to fill that garage. It was great working with some of you on caravan logistics, catching up with others from last year, etc.

We have a special group, as extraordinary as the car itself, and it's a huge gathering like this that shows it off in new ways. Looking forward to the next one!

Thanks to everyone who had a hand in the coordination and organization of NVE2. Job well done!

Enthusiast
    2,785 miles was my final total from the trip. Definitely had an awesome time all week!!!! Thanks for the hard work to put all that together!!

Enthusiast
    Great news about Vegas, count me in as well!

Enthusiast
    Haha...Tetris in the trunk. That's exactly what I thought.

Hats off to my girlfriend Emily for packing extremely light so we could fit everything. I am responsible for making this tough though because I never travel anywhere without my guitar and that takes up most of the rear hatch. And does so with odd dimensions. So she did great. Even so, I bribed one of our members who was not bringing a guest with a couple tanks of gas in exchange for a bit of space in his car. Thanks Leadfoot!!!!

Great time and I met so many wonderful people. Man I love this club.

And I can not wait for Vegas. Giggity giggity giggity! Let's roll.