VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013

NVE2 - It's Time! Final Thoughts Before You Arrive

Can you believe it's time, the big day is here! In the coming days we'll have hundreds of Vipers and many more hundreds of people coming to New Orleans for a heck of a little gathering. I wanted to provide the NVE2 - Before You Arrive.pdf one last time and ask folks to take a quick read through - as many questions that we get are already covered in there. I want everyone to be well informed. I also want to offer some final thoughts & advice:

• To make check-in more convenient, we will be first handing out your parking passes (for those who bought them) when you arrive in the check-in tunnel. You can unload your car and we'll keep an eye on your bags. You'll can park and do then check-in for the hotel/event. We don't want to clog up our entrance to the hotel by having hundreds of cars sitting around for long periods...
    • For those arriving in large caravans, we've been in touch with your caravan leaders and we'll be staging you at a nearby location (they'll guide you). We'll issue passes there on the spot so you can go directly to the garage.
    • Your parking passes work for Wed-Sun in the Champions Square Parking garage (it's not part of the hotel, but it's across the street). For those arriving early or staying beyond the event, you must buy a parking ticket for any additional days you need at the garage itself when you pull in.
    • This is a large hotel that has undergone extensive renovations - the elevators use a new high tech system designed to most efficiently shuffle people around. There are several kiosks near the elevators, you put your key on them, and then the kiosk calls an elevator for you AND tells you which one to enter. The elevator number it gives you is the one you should enter.
    • Our first big gathering happens on Wednesday evening, the Mardi Gras Welcome Dinner. Our busses will be on hand to whisk you away. For those who arrive late, we will have a "late bus" to catch anyone who missed the first wave (but you'll miss something pretty special). The entrance to our gathering will be truly cool! (bring your camera...)
    • All events happen rain or shine. Even the track will run wet if the rain isn't heavy. If it's raining during one of your days, we can't make substitutions, shifts, etc.... Let's all pray for good weather, as always we're at the mercy of when it hits and how hard.
    • We've planned a large car wash area conveniently in the parking garage (Floors 6 & 7) and we'll have towels, buckets, mitts, and chamois available! We also have arranged Louque's Exo-Tech hand car wash (Floor 5) to be on hand in case you would like someone to tend to your car for you. If you would like a hand wash for your car, please all Alex Louque 504-236-2646 to schedule/arrange.
    • Be on time for things! You need to manage your schedule - this includes registration, tours, dinners, track arrival, etc...
    • Wear credentials at ALL TIMES. If you do not have your credentials with you, you will not be admitted to any activities - no exceptions. Please understand this is the only way to manage the large crowd at a very expensive event.
    • Don't sweat the small stuff and help out if needed. This is an event assembled by volunteers to help us have a good time, it's not going to be perfection (though we've strived to make things extremely well organized). Let's be a team and supportive.
    • If you have any problems, visit our NVE2 event desk at the hotel and they can promptly help you or put you in touch directly with an event planner.

And last, PLEASE drive carefully - on your way in, and DURING, the event! It's a sad reality, but anytime you have THIS many Vipers in one place, there can be incidents. Please don't ruin your (or someone else's trip) by doing burnouts and taking risks (and please drive within your limits on the track). The hotel/police/city are well aware of our presence and we want to make sure we are good guests - let's be on the news for the right reasons!

This is likely the only time we'll be in New Orleans anytime soon in these numbers, make good use of it! Remember, you'll also have some free time to do some of the things you want to do - so take that time to explore, do excursions, or drive down the coast and get that special poster shot of your car. Enjoy the location, enjoy the event, and enjoy the company of your fellow Viper owners.

I'll definitely see you there!

Enthusiast
    Just to make sure, will people in rental cars also pick up their parking passes in the tunnel? I know parking for non vipers will be on a separate floor.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013

Absolutely. The process is the same for all.

Enthusiast
    I am annoying and demand special treatment everywhere I go. Who will be in charge of that?
    -----The worst part is, I'm kinda only half kidding.---

Actually I wanted to take this opportunity to say thank you.

Thanks to everyone who put in the effort for all of this. I know it can't be easy. This is my first national Viper event and my girlfriend and I could not be more excited. We are looking forward to it. Also as a musician I am extremely excited to get to visit New Orleans.

Also, big thanks to our vendors and sponsors

See you all there!! Drive safely!
    Last edited by Vprbite; 05-06-2016 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoknTires View Post
    Absolutely. The process is the same for all.
    If arriving Tuesday night in a rental car, still check in via the tunnel?

thanks,
    George

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013

So similar to above. Since you're coming early, the event registration isn't open yet. Your parking pass only covers Wed-Sun (the event days) anyway. So since you're a day early, you can head straight to the garage (note which garage it is based on the "Before You arrive" document we've sent). You can then just get a standard ticket for one day. Then when you check in on Wed you can go tot he garage and reset your parking so it uses the pass so you no longer have to pay via the ticket.

Check in formally starts on Wed @2pm, however we are going to have people around sooner (and perhaps even Tues) to maybe do some early checkin for the folks wandering around. It seems there are a good number of folks coming early.