Enthusiast

Nasa at Auto Club Speedway in Cali May 14th-15th

Is anyone here doing this event? I don't know of any AZ Viper guys doing it, but hopefully a Cali Viper or two will show up.
    Are there even any Cali nasa members on this forum?

The track looks awesome, I've never been there- http://www.autoclubspeedway.com/
    For the guys that have been there, what kind of top speeds are you hitting on that straight?

170+ going into turn 1 IIRC in my Viper; pucker factor definitely kicks in as car inches up the track towards the wall exiting turn 2.

http://www.motoiq.com/MagazineArticl...eo-Inside.aspx

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsled View Post
    170+ going into turn 1 IIRC in my Viper; pucker factor definitely kicks in as car inches up the track towards the wall exiting turn 2.

http://www.motoiq.com/MagazineArticl...eo-Inside.aspx
    Geez... Maybe I should skip this until my skills evolve.. What car were you in???

Quote Originally Posted by Arizona Vipers View Post
    Geez... Maybe I should skip this until my skills evolve.. What car were you in???
    The race car in my avatar. I say go for it. if you are careful and do not over drive your abilty you will have a blast. It's a lot of fun, especially with the high banking. www.speedventures.com goes there quite a bit. It's a better deal than what Nasa dies. More laid back and more track time with out all the mandatory driver debriefing sessions. Just my $.02.
    Last edited by Redsled; 04-29-2016 at 12:36 AM.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsled View Post
    The race car in my avatar. I say go for it. if you are careful and do not over drive your abilty you will have a blast. It's a lot of fun, especially with the high banking. www.speedventures.com goes there quite a bit. It's a better deal than what Nasa dies. More laid back and more track time with out all the mandatory driver debriefing sessions. Just my $.02.
    How much horsepower are you running?
    I've been trying to make it to a speedventure event but the dates just never seem to work out for me, seems like a great association.
    I like the Nasa debriefing sessions, I can actually put a face to the car and meet the people I'm running on the track with.
    I'm worried more than just ability, but at 170mph+ my car just doesn't have the safety equipment to survive a crash at those speeds if there was mechanical failure or oil spill etc.
    I'm wearing stock shoulder belt an no Hans, but working on that...

Enthusiast
    I second speed ventures. Well run track days. Debriefs after every session as mentioned and ordering the grid based on speed. Good guys, lots of fun.