Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ACR Extreme splitter bracket mounting question

Ok, put on the front splitter today. The two outside brackets though don't seem to mount cleanly to the mount that goes through the grille. wondering if they are not rotated correctly. Can someone post an up close pic of install on each side. (referring to the vertical silver bracket going from splitter to the mount that protrudes through grille. Jut really need the closup of the upper portion. thx

Enthusiast
    Here it is. When installed, the tube deflects the grill and nose upward a bit, but works just fine for me.

IMG_1402 by solomontodd, on Flickr

05 Commemorative I have been having the exact same issue. I PM'd both Rapidresults and Venom V for their input. This is one half assed mounting system. In my case I have to use a lot of force to get the bracket on the bolt, it just seems misaligned with the front fascia. The weird design of the base of the mounting bracket makes it want to go on crooked. I just kept stepping back and saying I have to be doing something wrong but doesn't appear so. After I got them tightened on the angle wasn't alighted correctly with the turnbuckle as VenomV's is so I put it away for the night and try again tomorrow.
    Last edited by ViperJon; 04-20-2016 at 04:31 AM.

EDIT: Ok, I'm an idiot. The brackets do fit on to the bolt and everything lines up correctly if you are using the CORRECT bracket. The RH bracket is the passenger side and the LH the drivers side . They don't actually say that anywhere in the instruction booklet they are just labeled LH and RH.. It is a tight squeeze onto the bolt but it goes. Thanks everybody for the help. All good now.

Just for reference if anyone is researching this in the future the proper torque on the splitter bracket is 48NM or 35.4 Ft pounds.
    Last edited by ViperJon; 04-22-2016 at 06:05 AM.

Thanks guys. For mine, it does not fit smoothly line up like Todds pic shows. I thought I had on the correct sides, but will take off and make sure. They were a pain, so thinking might have done the same thing you did ViperJon.
    Splitter.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by 05Commemorative View Post
    Thanks guys. For mine, it does not fit smoothly line up like Todds pic shows. I thought I had on the correct sides, but will take off and make sure. They were a pain, so thinking might have done the same thing you did ViperJon.
    Splitter.jpg
    You did, mine looked just like that lol...live and learn. When put on correctly it lines up with the exact angle like Todds.
    Easy fix.

must be the fault of the color of the car... seriously, thank you very much. I know what I am doing tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperJon View Post
    You did, mine looked just like that lol...live and learn. When put on correctly it lines up with the exact angle like Todds.
    Easy fix.

Enthusiast
    I dont mean to hijack this thread, but a quick question - are all the tools needed to install the front splitter extension and the rear diffuser strakes included with the car?

Quote Originally Posted by ek1 View Post
    I dont mean to hijack this thread, but a quick question - are all the tools needed to install the front splitter extension and the rear diffuser strakes included with the car?
    To actually install it...no.

Required tools: 10mm ratcheting end wrench, 3/8”
    drive, 6” extension, 15mm socket, 10mm deep socket,
    4mm hex key, 11mm wrench, and a torque wrench.

fixed it. Thanks for the help and why this forum is so valuable.

Enthusiast
    I'm thinking of getting the hardware all anodized black.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperJon View Post
    To actually install it...no.

Required tools: 10mm ratcheting end wrench, 3/8”
    drive, 6” extension, 15mm socket, 10mm deep socket,
    4mm hex key, 11mm wrench, and a torque wrench.
    A very very valuable post. Thanks guys. Great info. Excited to put my stuff on in a few weeks. Just gotta find the time now.

I installed the front spiller brackets and it sure put a lot of pleasure on the grill especially on the left side and yes I did put them on the correct side. hope it doesn't crack the grill.

Enthusiast
    It is a tight fit for sure. I'm going to offer them in anodized aluminum and have lowered the OD of the tube slightly which helps ease contact with the grille and also the overall flange size which helps when inserting them. IMG_0557.jpg

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by SSGNRDZ_28 View Post
    It is a tight fit for sure. I'm going to offer them in anodized aluminum and have lowered the OD of the tube slightly which helps ease contact with the grille and also the overall flange size which helps when inserting them. IMG_0557.jpg
    Willing to sell just the two frame brackets?

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by LATAMUD View Post
    Willing to sell just the two frame brackets?
    Yes they will be for sale individually once available. There will also be a tow hook add-on option. Most likely the end of March.

Enthusiast
    Yes they will be for sale individually once available. There will also be a tow hook add-on option. Most likely the end of March.
    Awesome. Will be watching out for them.

Does this lower the front clearance to the ground or just extend it forward? When I pick up my new ACR they said it will not be mounted on the car so I'll have to do it later...Unless I can talk them into it? I assume the bottom portion bolts to the front bumper or such below? Sorry I'm a newbie...

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Haze View Post
    Does this lower the front clearance to the ground or just extend it forward? When I pick up my new ACR they said it will not be mounted on the car so I'll have to do it later...Unless I can talk them into it? I assume the bottom portion bolts to the front bumper or such below? Sorry I'm a newbie...
    It just extends it forward. It is not hard to do,
    14 bolts for the splitter plus the brackets and strakes shown. You might get a ratcheting low profile wrench to make it easier as there is little clearance to the fascia. This is mentioned above.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by 05Commemorative View Post
    Ok, put on the front splitter today. The two outside brackets though don't seem to mount cleanly to the mount that goes through the grille. wondering if they are not rotated correctly. Can someone post an up close pic of install on each side. (referring to the vertical silver bracket going from splitter to the mount that protrudes through grille. Jut really need the closup of the upper portion. thx
    Darn you for making have doutbs now I have to look at my own install tonight and look a the angle of the brackets.

Question. Where can you get an extra splitter?

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ansman View Post
    Question. Where can you get an extra splitter?
    I sell reproductions of the OEM the extensions. I will soon have all of the parts in stock other than the carbon splitter itself (bolts brackets strakes extensions)

Enthusiast
    Awesome mod. I'll be in for a set for sure.

Thank you sir!!!

14 bolts for the splitter plus the brackets and strakes shown. You might get a ratcheting low profile wrench to make it easier as there is little clearance to the fascia. This is mentioned above.

Enthusiast
    have you prepared it yet bro? I think ill be needing that as long as the kit gonna be ready foon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast