Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Enthusiast

Foxboro Stadium cruise night opening night.

Anyone going tonight? Opening night at Foxboro Stadium. It's the largest cruise night in New England. Held every other Thursday starting around 4 PM. I'm driving my Sapphire Blue GTS up from the Cape. There have been as many as 2,000 cars of all types there some nights. I'm usually the only Viper.
    Last edited by City; 06-09-2016 at 02:37 PM. Reason: Spelling

Enthusiast
    Not as many many cars as usual and only one other Viper last night. It was a B/W 96 or 97 GTS. Nobody around the car when I went over. Nice drive up and back. 120 mile round trip.

Quote Originally Posted by capevettes View Post
    Not as many many cars as usual and only one other Viper last night. It was a B/W 96 or 97 GTS. Nobody around the car when I went over. Nice drive up and back. 120 mile round trip.
    THat may have been Dave G! Dave chime in! Were you there last night?

Paul, We have been to a few of those events problem is timing. Most of the members are from the North Shore, so we have to go through Boston and fight the traffic, and usually in mid summer you want to get there early. Last year I met Dave G and a few other new members I got to join the club as well. However I had to leave work at around 1PM.

Can we make you the official New England club recruiter for the Foxboro events? I mean its only 120 miles round trip for you....

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin2000GTS View Post
    THat may have been Dave G! Dave chime in! Were you there last night?

Paul, We have been to a few of those events problem is timing. Most of the members are from the North Shore, so we have to go through Boston and fight the traffic, and usually in mid summer you want to get there early. Last year I met Dave G and a few other new members I got to join the club as well. However I had to leave work at around 1PM.

Can we make you the official New England club recruiter for the Foxboro events? I mean its only 120 miles round trip for you....
    Martin, Now that I'm retired I don't want to run anything, but official recruiter for the Foxboro event doesn't sound like it carries an overwhelming commitment!!! I try to get there by 4 PM but it is tough for you guys trying to get there through rush hour traffic.

Enthusiast
    Heading up again tomorrow but I'm bringing my green 65 Vette convertible. Anyone going? Looks like a great night as far as weather.
    Older Disk 1 092.jpgOlder Disk 1 092.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Enthusiast
    Nice night for a cruise last night. Maybe 200 cars of all types. One B&W 96/7 Viper. Not sure if it was Dave or not. Went over to it a couple of times but the driver was not around.

Paul!

Thanks for the updates! I will be making it down soon when the weather gets better. Now that I work from home I have some better flexibility. Hope to see you soon. Did you sign up for the Lobster Roll event its goping to be huge.

Martin-

Enthusiast
    Apologies, just saw this post...
    So I was just talking to Martin and told him it was not my car and I haven't even driven it this year. Still sitting on the lift. I would be up for going if you want to go some night..

Guess I should watch this thread.....

PS, the only show I went to this year was at the Dog track in Raynham but that was in my Sons Plumb Crazy Challenger SRT8

PSS, I believe I have seen that car and if its the sane one, its a 97...
    Last edited by daveg; 05-05-2016 at 06:21 PM.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by daveg View Post
    Apologies, just saw this post...
    So I was just talking to Martin and told him it was not my car and I haven't even driven it this year. Still sitting on the lift. I would be up for going if you want to go some night..

Guess I should watch this thread.....

PS, the only show I went to this year was at the Dog track in Raynham but that was in my Sons Plumb Crazy Challenger SRT8

PSS, I believe I have seen that car and if its the sane one, its a 97...
    Dave, I will probably bring the Viper up next Thursday if it's a nice day. Tomorrow (Saturday) there is a show at Mashpee High School if you're on the Cape. 9 AM to 3 PM. It is a benefit for Veterans. I'm going in the Viper.

Enthusiast
    So I just arrived in Falmouth but I didn't bring my car... Had to take the wife's RX350 with a Kayak and some Patio Furniture... Still trying to get settled down here before the summer months so unfortunately I wont be able to make it... BUT, next Thursday, weather permitting sounds great....
    If I don't have a paintbrush in my hand, I will try and take a ride down since I am minutes from there...

Enthusiast
    Great, I'll be there. Long range forecast looks like 60's and sunny. We're certainly due for some sunlight!!!!

Enthusiast
    OK, I will be in touch as the week progresses... What I do is bring my car to work and then go to the show from there. If for some reason you cant go let me know the night before that way I don't bring my car to work with me
    Talk soon...

Enthusiast
    Just took the car off the rack and the battery is not holding a charge.. Going to have to pick up a battery and find time to put it in before Thursday....

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by daveg View Post
    Just took the car off the rack and the battery is not holding a charge.. Going to have to pick up a battery and find time to put it in before Thursday....
    That's not fun. PITA to change. I keep the newer cars on a C-Tek 3300 battery tender. They work pretty good. Looks like sunny and 70's for Thursday. I plan to be there by 3 PM.

Enthusiast
    Paul, Battery is in and car is running.
    I get out of work at 3:00 and it takes me about a half or so to get there. If possible, save a spot, so we can park together (providing I can find you) I will PM you my cell number..
    Last edited by daveg; 05-10-2016 at 08:39 PM.

Enthusiast
    Dave, I'm going to Holliston at Noon to Auto Nuvo to have a clear bra installed on the front end. Should be to Foxboro before you. I come in the show car entrance, over the bridge and park in the first area so I can set up a lounge chair and watch everyone come in. I'll recognize your car and wave you in.

Paul

Enthusiast
    Driving up from the Cape today for the cruise night if anyone is going, I'll see you there. Somebody had a new ACR there a few weeks ago. Don't know if that's anyone on this Forum?

Hey Paul! Not sure who had the new ACR but tell them about the event on Sunday! Try and get their phone numbers and emails if they are interested and Ill contact them. For each new recruit you will earn one lobster roll or a hot dog on Sunday. lol

Enthusiast
    Hey Paul! Not sure who had the new ACR but tell them about the event on Sunday! Try and get their phone numbers and emails if they are interested and Ill contact them. For each new recruit you will earn one lobster roll or a hot dog on Sunday. lol
    Ya, that's how Martin tricked me.. LOL....

Enthusiast
    An extra lobster roll sounds better than a hot mutt!! The ACR was not there last night. Only one Viper, a Gen 4 GTS, silver.

Enthusiast
    An extra lobster roll sounds better than a hot mutt!! The ACR was not there last night. Only one Viper, a Gen 4 GTS, silver.
    Hi Paul,
    That was me! I didn't see you, sorry. I saw the white ACR myself two weeks.
    See you Sunday!
    Shawn
    09 VOIX

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by #3VOIX View Post
    Hi Paul,
    That was me! I didn't see you, sorry. I saw the white ACR myself two weeks.
    See you Sunday!
    Shawn
    09 VOIX
    Shawn, Sorry I missed you. I was looking at your car for a while but you weren't around it. Looked nice. I actually drove up in my red Z06 last night. My Corvette buddies have been giving me a hard time about driving up in the Viper all the time.

Enthusiast
    Shawn, Sorry I missed you. I was looking at your car for a while but you weren't around it. Looked nice. I actually drove up in my red Z06 last night. My Corvette buddies have been giving me a hard time about driving up in the Viper all the time.
    ...lol
    I must've been checking out the rides. Your Corvette buddies are just envious = )

Anyone going to this next week? Not sure if I want to do this or Barrett Jackson.

Enthusiast
    I'm probably driving up from the Cape a week from Thursday. I'm not doing BJ. I did Mecum in Kissimmee last January and I think I've seen enough of the big auctions. Should be a good one in Ct. for their first foray into the Northeast though.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast