Enthusiast

Are Corsa tires left/right specidic?

I had the rear tires off the car and had a question. I know the tires are directional and I have the "outside" stamp mounted to the outside.

However, I noticed that the outside pattern on the left tire would divert water away from the tire center while the inside tread pattern would diver water away to the inside edge of the tire away from the center of the tire.
    On the right side tire the outer tread pattern will divert water to the inside of the tire and the inner tread pattern would divert water toward the center of the tire also creating a hydro plane effect...???

I know the tires are marked "asymmetrico' but the tread pattern looks to be left/right specific.

There's probably a simple answer for this but I don't see it. What am i missing?

Thanks

IMG_7255.jpg
    Last edited by TooBlue; 04-10-2016 at 05:51 PM.

Maybe you got 2 "lefts".

The corsa's and the P zeros and not left and right only. They only are marked as to which side is mounted out.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Snake View Post
    Maybe you got 2 "lefts".
    There "asymmetrical" so there isn't a left or right. (in theory)

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Special Ed View Post
    The corsa's and the P zeros and not left and right only. They only are marked as to which side is mounted out.
    That's what I thought also. I have the "outside" mounted out. I just thought it was odd that one side tire would divert water to the center of the tire (crating a hydro plane effect) while the other side would divert water away from the center of the tire.

I do realize that Pirelli states the the tires are NOT left/right specific.

The side-to-side cuts in the rubber are not diverting water to the inside or outside of the tire, they are diverting water in both directions to the wide grooves cut around the circumference of the tire. Thus, it is unimportant what direction the side-to-side cuts are tilted towards.