Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Gen 5 supercharger???

sorry if this is a topic already talked about............ I'm new to forums lol but I'm looking for info on best choice of supercharger for my gen 5 I heard arrow was building a sledgehammer but I called viper exchange and they say they are over a year out on having it ready

Enthusiast
    But what times does it run with the 6 speed manual transmission?

Quote Originally Posted by rlhay2 View Post
    But what times does it run with the 6 speed manual transmission?
    But what does that have to do with a well designed and thoroughly tested/proven supercharger system?

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Evan@D3PE View Post
    But what does that have to do with a well designed and thoroughly tested/proven supercharger system?
    Evan do you guys have any 1/4 mile data with the kit at the 750-800rwhp range?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    Is the Stage 3 "Sledgehammer" Arrow supercharger officially shelved? I haven't heard peep about it since the initial teaser 1+ years ago.
    Not shelved.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by FLATOUT View Post
    Not shelved.
    Ha! Ha! Are you under a gag order from the EPA? (Kidding) At least a full sentence of details might be a little more appropriate Andy. Very excited at the potential of that kit. Does it at least seem hopeful it might be released this year? I guess for starters does the kit actually exist or was it still just a concept? Hey we are all expecting a factory like attention to detail and reliability but realize that takes a lot of time effort and a little luck to put together and test. Maybe a thread all to itself is appropriate. If you do, I bet it gets lots of views and traffic, stirring excitement for VE as the initial announcement was a big deal to many. Non response in the fashion above, when you are very open on most all other responses causes concern for those even remotely interested.

Enthusiast
    Nothing...and still almost everything.

How many of your potential customers are expected to opt for the TH400 transmission?
    And how many of your potential customers will keep their manual transmission?

Perhaps you are trying to market to the smaller customer base.
    It was your R&D, it is your product to market it as you choose.

Quote Originally Posted by rlhay2 View Post
    Nothing...and still almost everything.

How many of your potential customers are expected to opt for the TH400 transmission?
    And how many of your potential customers will keep their manual transmission?

Perhaps you are trying to market to the smaller customer base.
    It was your R&D, it is your product to market it as you choose.
    Evan do you guys have any 1/4 mile data with the kit at the 750-800rwhp range?
    Nope, but still not sure how that discredits our supercharger system or has anything to do with this thread? Our supercharger system works, has been used and abused for many miles of daily driving and racing, makes power, doesn't chunk belts, etc, etc. Does Procharger or Whipple have to put an expert driver in every car they make a kit for and run times at every setting to prove they work?

Enthusiast
    Awesome vid!!

Enthusiast
    The layout of this message board makes it best to just search before asking. There are tons of buried threads about product releases that aren't in the vendor forums.

Enthusiast

Good one

Enthusiast
    Is the Stage 3 "Sledgehammer" Arrow supercharger officially shelved? I haven't heard peep about it since the initial teaser 1+ years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    Dodge is really good at secrets, so not hearing anything could mean it's dead or could mean it's announced next week. The Hellcats and the ACR both came out of silence for the most part. It does seem like some teasing would be better than this try at shock & awe they use, I mean who's going to steal their thunder over a SC'd viper? It's not like it's a Camaro vs mustang battle.

As for the aftermarket, are we saying there's no one running one of these kits that has run at the track? The auto trans setup I don't discredit at all, it was a setup for marketing & to set a record & well done. But yea, I don't see that as a setup for the Viper community, and there are installed kits out there, which is awesome, are these guys getting these kits and putting their cars in the garage?? Again, I'm a HUGE fan of D3 / Calvo, etc., amazing stuff, but I agree, not to be taken as demanding or anything, but I'd assume there's track experience with these kits, which would be nice to hear about & see, since if I or 95% of buyers wanted to pull the trigger, the most trans change we'd do is the clutch upgrade. But this is no big deal to me right now, I'm still figuring out if I'm long timing my car, in which case I might be interested, or doing a '17 in which case I wouldn't for quite a while. Meanwhile I wait for my R28 results, lol.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Coloviper View Post
    Ha! Ha! Are you under a gag order from the EPA? (Kidding) At least a full sentence of details might be a little more appropriate Andy. Very excited at the potential of that kit. Does it at least seem hopeful it might be released this year? I guess for starters does the kit actually exist or was it still just a concept? Hey we are all expecting a factory like attention to detail and reliability but realize that takes a lot of time effort and a little luck to put together and test. Maybe a thread all to itself is appropriate. If you do, I bet it gets lots of views and traffic, stirring excitement for VE as the initial announcement was a big deal to many. Non response in the fashion above, when you are very open on most all other responses causes concern for those even remotely interested.
    Maybe Dodge was able to get it EPA certified so for the final year of production they're going to offer a Hellcat option? That would be amazing if they did so that's the rumor I'm starting.

We also have one that uses a Paxton Novi 2000. Has made 790whp on the 6.5 lbs pulley.

If I was interested in a supercharged GEN V, without a doubt it would be D3's and Calvo's setup. Tested and proven for a reasonable price. Their other projects speak enough for their quality of work. Still can't believe some people are charging $15k for heads and cam.

Quote Originally Posted by 7TH_SIGN View Post
    If I was interested in a supercharged GEN V, without a doubt it would be D3's and Calvo's setup. Tested and proven for a reasonable price. Their other projects speak enough for their quality of work. Still can't believe some people are charging $15k for heads and cam.
    The kits start at $10,999.00 and go up on there depending on fuel system and engine management options.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Antonio@CalvoMotorsports View Post
    The kits start at $10,999.00 and go up on there depending on fuel system and engine management options.
    I'm trying to understand the pricing of the supercharger packages out there and what all you get for the advertised prices. This is in no way meant to piss anyone off I am just trying to understand.

Is the $10,999.00 inlcuding install, tune, exhaust, or is it the blower package itself minus everything else? And this question is to both shops that are advertising the kits. The base 750 kits out the door installed price is what?
    Last edited by FLATOUT; 03-23-2016 at 10:55 AM.

Enthusiast
    Heads, Cam, full exhaust, tuning, motor out, trans out installation. I could only post the price of the parts, minus exhaust and install to make it "look" much cheaper than it actually is. We advertise and sell everything complete and installed WITH a 12month/12000 mile warranty.
    Last edited by FLATOUT; 03-23-2016 at 09:50 AM.

Enthusiast
    VE heads/cam installed and calibrated --14k
    American racing headers with cats--3k
    3 day install, NEVER going into limp mode and a 12k miles/12 month warranty--PRICLESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

Thanks Andy and VE!

There are a lot of things happening at Arrow as a business whole and they are slammed with work. The S/C project is not over, but resources and politics do play major roles in this type of work since Arrow does have contracts. Also getting company's to make complicated parts for limited runs is not only hard, but expensive. Arrow really wants this S/C package to happen and they have every intension of seen it through there is just no hard timeline they can offer sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by mjorgensen View Post
    There are a lot of things happening at Arrow as a business whole and they are slammed with work. The S/C project is not over, but resources and politics do play major roles in this type of work since Arrow does have contracts. Also getting company's to make complicated parts for limited runs is not only hard, but expensive. Arrow really wants this S/C package to happen and they have every intension of seen it through there is just no hard timeline they can offer sorry.
    Perfect! That's all we wanted to hear. I am more than prepared to wait.

Thankyou.
    Last edited by Dave1968; 03-23-2016 at 11:03 AM.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave1968 View Post
    Perfect! That's all we wanted to here. I am more than prepared to wait.

Thankyou.
    ViperExchange is funding the entire project with Arrow so whatever is posted by another dealer (no offense to Mark) is acurate to a point but is still a third parties view of what we are doing with our company and the products we (ViperExchange) are bringing to market with Arrow.

I did not elaborate earlier for a reason.

Andy

ViperExchange is funding the entire project with Arrow so whatever is posted by another dealer (no offense to Mark) is acurate to a point but is still a third parties view of what we are doing with our company and the products we (ViperExchange) are bringing to market with Arrow.

I did not elaborate earlier for a reason.

Andy
    The last I heard the Sledgehammer package was due out this year. Is that still the plan?

Quote Originally Posted by mjorgensen View Post
    So far they've made other things thought seem impossible happen, like the vert and the targa, so if I were a betting man, I'd put a chip on Prefix, and agree, if it's a "year" away for argument sake, I'd personally have to wait that out and see.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast