Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Enthusiast

Get Your Motor Running V3.0 event on March 26!

It's that time to get fresh fluids into you Viper! That's right, our Get Your Motor Running V3.0 event will be held in just a couple of weeks on March 26. The day will include lunch and a dinner at the Village Grill in nearby Layfeyette Village (which has garage parking too!)

If you plan to take part, it is important that you read this entire post for instructions, as we need you to RSVP by March 20!

Maintenance Clinic
    Time: 8:00am - 4:00pm

Two lifts are available for oil, differential, clutch, transmission, and brake fluid changes. If you're not a maintenance guru or have never done this before, that's exactly why we have this event! We will have club members on hand to help out so you can learn how to maintain your Viper! Our club VP Mike Reeves and member Al Humphries from Capital Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram in Garner will have a parts van on site stocked with the appropriate OEM oil filters, differential, clutch, transmission, and brake fluids available for purchase. They will also have a fluid disposal tank (aka Big Bertha) on site to properly dispose of used fluids for us. Otherwise, the only fluid you need to bring is your choice of motor oil! I believe most are running the Mobil 1 0W-40 formula these days. Below are the estimated oil fill capacities for the various generations (rounded up to the nearest quart):
    1992-2002 - 9 or 10 quarts
    2003-2016 - 11 quarts
    Of course it never hurts to buy an extra quart!

Lunch will be provided FREE to Carolina VOA members.

If you do not have any maintenance needs, come on out and lend a helping hand and catch up with old friends and make some new ones.

Dinner
    Time: 5:15pm till ?

Immediately following the detail clinic, we'll take a 10 minute drive to Village Grill where we will enjoy a private club dinner. The club is subsidizing $20/per member toward your meal, but if you could contribute toward purchases beyond $20 AND help us out with gratuity, that would be very much appreciated. We'll have our Stryker contribution cans handy during dinner. We've done it this way a couple times in the past for other club meals, and everyone has been very generous so we will continue doing it this way. Thanks everyone for you cooperation!

RSVP DETAILS
    If you plan to attend this event, please RSVP by March 20 with the following information:

1) The activities you will be attending (1 - Maintenance, 2 - Dinner, or BOTH if you plan to take part in both activities)

IF you are planning to service or have your car serviced, please indicate:
    2) The YEAR of your car.
    3) Indicate which fluids you would like to have replaced (O - Oil, D - Differential, C - Clutch, B - Brake, T - Transmission). Or, simply use ALL if you wish to have all fluids replaced.
    4) Finally, please let us know if you be purchasing fluids "on-site" so we can ensure we have adequate inventory. A simple "YES" if you plan to purchase on-site or "NO" if you plan to purchase them elsewhere will do. Again, motor oil will not be provided, so bring your own, but everything else can be purchased from the parts van at VERY COMPETITIVE prices.

For those coming from afar, we may be a few members that can share a guest room with you for your overnight stay. You are certainly welcome to them. Also, there are some nice hotels in the area.

Please let us know if you have any questions and we'll see you soon!

Enthusiast
    Dugan and Nina will be attending both but will NOT be doing maintenance, just there to hang out and I am sure DR can assist with maintenance again as he has done in the past if anyone needs the help.

-NR

Enthusiast
    That's great! It will be fun to see you both. Dugan is a huge help in the shop too.

I'm bringing my RT/10 -- if we have a light day, I'll swap out the diff fluid. That will be a good test for my new fluid extractor.

Enthusiast
    Edit:

Looks like I wont make it. Work schedule changed. Hopefully I'll make the next event.
    Last edited by Ninjakris; 03-17-2016 at 09:59 AM.

Enthusiast
    1. Both
    2. 2004
    3. O
    4. No

Craig, thanks to you, Nina and the rest for putting this together. And SPECIAL thanks for Janelle (and Brian) for opening her house to us.

Enthusiast
    1. Both
    2. 2001
    3. D, C, T. Is it possible to do my coolant? Its way over due. If there is time I need some help changing my plugs and wires as well. I have parts.
    4. Yes.

What are the details for non-Carolinas VOAers?

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Josrocket View Post
    1. Both
    2. 2001
    3. D, C, T. Is it possible to do my coolant? Its way over due. If there is time I need some help changing my plugs and wires as well. I have parts.
    4. Yes.
    Hi Josh,

We can do coolant too, and it will take a bit of time. You'll want to get the five-year coolant as well vs. the green stuff. You'll also want to get a 12 oz bottle of the Mopar Cooling System Flush as well. Changing plugs is easy, and the wires should be simple too...we just have to remove the wiper blades and cowl trim. I have a wrench that will fit that NPT bleed plug on the top of the t-stat housing too, and that will help speed up the process.

Craig

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by TCurtner View Post
    What are the details for non-Carolinas VOAers?
    You're welcome to join us! Let me know if you'll be joining us and I'll PM some specifics to you. Thank you.

Craig

I need to do my trans and rear end. The TA has 10,000 miles and two years old.

Enthusiast

Gymr

Quote Originally Posted by gutterworks129 View Post
    I need to do my trans and rear end. The TA has 10,000 miles and two years old.
    sounds good! Do you need to buy fluids from CCJD?

Enthusiast
    Really love this event, but unfortunately Danielle and I have other plans with the family that weekend....

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Next Phase View Post
    Really love this event, but unfortunately Danielle and I have other plans with the family that weekend....
    Sorry you can't join us this time. Have fun that weekend!

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by C.J View Post
    Hi Josh,

We can do coolant too, and it will take a bit of time. You'll want to get the five-year coolant as well vs. the green stuff. You'll also want to get a 12 oz bottle of the Mopar Cooling System Flush as well. Changing plugs is easy, and the wires should be simple too...we just have to remove the wiper blades and cowl trim. I have a wrench that will fit that NPT bleed plug on the top of the t-stat housing too, and that will help speed up the process.

Craig
    What all do I need. Do I need this for the air lock http://www.amazon.com/UView-550000-A.../dp/B0002SRH5G
    Do I need to bring any special funnel. How much distilled water and coolant etc.

Enthusiast
    1. Both
    2. 2008
    3. O,B
    4. Yes

Enthusiast
    What all do I need. Do I need this for the air lock http://www.amazon.com/UView-550000-A.../dp/B0002SRH5G
    Do I need to bring any special funnel. How much distilled water and coolant etc.
    You don't need that gizmo, but this one is very handy to have, and I'd highly recommend you get one: http://www.amazon.com/Lisle-24680-Sp...HAEWZ5MZ3E2BCF

If memory serves me correctly, I think you need three gallons of coolant (I'll make sure this is on Al's list...and I'll have him bring extra just in case), and you'll need as many gallons of distilled water (plenty cheap, and local grocery stores have tons of it).

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by billp View Post
    1. Both
    2. 2008
    3. O,B
    4. Yes
    Thanks Bill! Will Elaine be joining you?

Enthusiast
    Josh,

Just changed mine 2 qts each if you are going to drain the block on either side, if not less, but that's is for a Gen III, The tool will more than likely assist in getting the air out of the system faster...I did not use one, but I may have to bleed the air out a couple of times. Will find out in the next couple of days when I drive it.

Jeff

Enthusiast
    Thanks Bill! Will Elaine be joining you?
    Yes

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by billp View Post
    Yes
    Yay! Janelle will be happy....and so am I of course.

Enthusiast
    You don't need that gizmo, but this one is very handy to have, and I'd highly recommend you get one: http://www.amazon.com/Lisle-24680-Sp...HAEWZ5MZ3E2BCF

If memory serves me correctly, I think you need three gallons of coolant (I'll make sure this is on Al's list...and I'll have him bring extra just in case), and you'll need as many gallons of distilled water (plenty cheap, and local grocery stores have tons of it).
    Ok thank you. However i kinda want to go back oem green it lasted this long on green. i think im gonna get a burping valve from roeracing.com. u cut it into the top radiator hose and it will alow u to release any air in the system at any time. Might be good thing to have later on especially at the track.

Enthusiast
    http://www.roeracing.com/ProductCart...10-157p496.htm

This is the bleeder valve i mentioned. Great idea

Enthusiast
    Terri and I will be at both.
    No work for the Viper. We're coming to help and hang out. See you all then!!

Enthusiast
    Josh, that Roe bleed valve should work well. Green is okay, and I think the new Mopar green coolant is a three-year product.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninjakris View Post
    Edit:

Looks like I wont make it. Work schedule changed. Hopefully I'll make the next event.
    Sorry to hear this Kris...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast