Anybody know what rims these are?

Any info on these rims and where I can buy them would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Viper-pics-side-back.jpgViper-pics-side-front.jpg

Enthusiast
    Looks like factory 6 spokes.

Enthusiast
    Yep , Original sidewinders . OEM Gen 4

I have a set of brand new rims like the ones on the pic if interested pm.image.jpg

Enthusiast
    Factory 2009 six spokes

Enthusiast
    Factory gen IV wheels. Fairly light too, IIRC.

People may have them on here to sell. But I would call or email Jon B at partsrack.com He usually stocks factory wheels. And often times he might have a used set too, which I would be more than fine with cause you will save some dough that way. Another site where you can sometimes get lucky is racingjunk.com. It's hit or miss but worth looking at the site. Might get lucky.

Also RobViper, so you know, they were polished aluminum and clearcoated from the factory. The ones in your photo have been painted or powder coated ( I can't tell from the photo ). A good shop will paint them for between 100 and 125 per wheel. Though I plasti dipped mine to decide if I liked them black and wanted to commit to it and here it is a couple years later and it is still going strong. So you can consider plasti dip as a quasi-temporary option. If you are totally certain you want them black, just get them done before you mount them. Best of luck.

Enthusiast
    That is actually my 2005 in the original post. Gen IV 6 spokes, purchased new, soda blasted, and powder coated with "matte black" here in Dallas. I originally went with those wheels at the time because those were the lightest stock size wheels offered for the Viper. Did the same wheels on my '08.

Enthusiast
    They look so easy to clean. I must be getting old if I think like that. They did a good job on the powdercoat.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vprbite View Post
    They look so easy to clean. I must be getting old if I think like that. They did a good job on the powdercoat.
    Hehe, YES those were. Friggin' Sidewinder II's are a PITA.

Enthusiast
    PM Shooter, I know he had a set that he was talking about parting with at one time.

Michael

Enthusiast
    Ask and ye shall receive!

This club is great.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by FrgMstr View Post
    Hehe, YES those were. Friggin' Sidewinder II's are a PITA.
    I plasti dipped my 10 spokes and just clean the brake components with water and maybe some quick detailer on the caliper. I'm too old and have too few legs to be cleaning my wheels all the damn time. At least I have the leg excuse to take some of the sting out of the getting old part. Haha.

Seriously they did a great job on the powdercoat. I mean I know the pics aren't super close up but they look pretty good from here. Powdercoat, IMO, is the way to go on wheels if you can get it done WELL and ideally, not too expensively. But not everyplace is great at powdercoating. Some places are better at powdercoating for functionality in my experience but the finish isn't as nice for wheels. Looks like you got them done well.

Enthusiast
    I also have a set with sensors and worn Kumho tires. Three perfect, one front has small curb rash. No problem if you are painting them anyway. PM if interested.
    Last edited by labtec; 03-07-2016 at 06:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cubican View Post
    I have a set of brand new rims like the ones on the pic if interested pm.image.jpg
    Those look great on a red Viper!

Quote Originally Posted by Vprbite View Post
    Factory gen IV wheels. Fairly light too, IIRC.

People may have them on here to sell. But I would call or email Jon B at partsrack.com He usually stocks factory wheels. And often times he might have a used set too, which I would be more than fine with cause you will save some dough that way. Another site where you can sometimes get lucky is racingjunk.com. It's hit or miss but worth looking at the site. Might get lucky.

Also RobViper, so you know, they were polished aluminum and clearcoated from the factory. The ones in your photo have been painted or powder coated ( I can't tell from the photo ). A good shop will paint them for between 100 and 125 per wheel. Though I plasti dipped mine to decide if I liked them black and wanted to commit to it and here it is a couple years later and it is still going strong. So you can consider plasti dip as a quasi-temporary option. If you are totally certain you want them black, just get them done before you mount them. Best of luck.
    I did contact Jon B, none in stock right now. I am trying to hustle and get some rims to go with the Pirellis I just ordered, and I definitely want black rims. Spring approaching fast and makes sense to have the tires mounted on the rims all in one shot.
    This site is invaluable for a newer owner like myself, and I am looking forward to "returning the favor" as I get more knowledgeable and experience with vipers!

Quote Originally Posted by FrgMstr View Post
    That is actually my 2005 in the original post. Gen IV 6 spokes, purchased new, soda blasted, and powder coated with "matte black" here in Dallas. I originally went with those wheels at the time because those were the lightest stock size wheels offered for the Viper. Did the same wheels on my '08.

Yeah, I like that look a lot!
    Last edited by robviper; 03-08-2016 at 06:43 AM.

Enthusiast
    Yes, OP, a lot of good people around here. And you will definitely have the chance to repay the favor. We tend to be pretty good to each other around here. Especially when it comes to helping each other score hard to find parts.

Looks like you have a couple options in the thread. Best of luck. Let us know what finish you go with. Satin, flat, powdercoat or paint. Keep us posted.

viper 091.jpg
    viper 088.jpg
    Went with 6 spoke rims powder coated satin black. Bought the rims from a VOA member and the transaction worked out really well. Thanks labtec!
    I have about $1,850 in the rims with powder coating, lugs, shipping, and mounting.

is every wheel for the viper called a sidewinder?

shouldn't we call them by their proper name, Marklar?

Enthusiast
    Civics and Camaros have rims. Vipers have wheels. or Marklars.

Enthusiast
    Went with 6 spoke rims powder coated satin black. Bought the rims from a VOA member and the transaction worked out really well. Thanks labtec!
    I have about $1,850 in the rims with powder coating, lugs, shipping, and mounting.[/QUOTE]

no problem....they look great

Enthusiast
    Good price on the wheels.

They look good. Congratulations on getting what you wanted.