Enthusiast

Forum Suggestion

As the forum grows and so on, seems that the G5 section is getting congested and alot of good vendor information is being lost. Build threads, general questions, naval gazing and so on.

Try finding the details of the Active Suspension from VE, or more information on the D3 Supercharger car...
    VE Stage 2 details is scattered across 2 forums!
    Calvo has resorted to cross posting so information isnt lost or buried.

Can Vendors post their "look at our stuff!" in their vendor forum? Also revamp the vendor forum so they aren't buried in a sub forum.

Enthusiast

Enthusiast
    Thats what i was saying... they are sub forums inside Vendor Showcase.

Enthusiast
    Well, in the vendor section, each sponsor gets its own forum. To me it seems well organized. If I wanted to see what Calvo was doing, I would click on their forum in that section. Then they have their threads there.

So you would prefer that threads about builds or new products showed up directly in the Vendor Showcase? Instead of clicking on "vendor showcase....then Quality Wires...then the thread" you would like to see the build thread as soon as you clicked on the Vendor Showcase? Without having to click on the company? I'm just trying to understand your suggestion correctly.

Thanks.

Enthusiast
    Hey dude no problem.
    Suggestion is to pull all the vendors out the subforum and give them all their own header. Like each Gen has their own header.

Possibly consider expanding the G5 section also. Its a mishmash of everything in there. Try and limit subforums also. Make everything its own main forum header.

Like most other forums

Is the Viper Parts header for personal parts for sale? Vendor parts? maybe expand it and lose the whole classifieds page.

Enthusiast
    Here is a perspective from an advertiser's point of view.

We make posts to (hopefully) attract the most sets of eyes on a product or service. Those who share updates more often, theoretically will gain more audience...hopefully leading to more customers.

With that in mind, the vendor sub-forums are a waste of space. We tried those on LS1Tech, and we had 150+ advertisers at one point. Nobody browses those, they are a ghost town. With forum counters that show views, replies, etc.. it is an easy thing to witness. Also, the search feature works pretty well. I don't mind my posts being buried, as long as they can be searched.

Tony

Web Site Committee
    Tech Team
    It's worthy of discussion. On the forum side, we've been trying to avoid having a list of 100 forums on a single forum page (like a former site) with most being "ghost towns".
    2008 SRT10 Open Roof (1 of 2)
    2022 BMW X5M Comp
    Resident Misanthrope

Enthusiast
    One thing I do not care for about is a vendor posting in all of the sub forums creating a mess when you log it a click on new posts and see a whole bunch of identical posts. Then when members respond to all of those it creates an even bigger mess.

How a about if a vendor has something new to post, put it ONCE in the general section. They then can reference their Vendor sub forum link and send traffic there.

I completely understand that vendors are hugely important for a whole lot of reasons. Lets cut down on the clutter.

Enthusiast
    I could see how if each vendor had their own forum on the main page, say starting right below Gen V, it would be a mess.

It almost seems like it's a habit issue in that people need to learn to go into the vendor section more, since many people just don't think to.

I would say though, that I think what our site sponsors and advertisers want is what should be done. They are the ones paying, and they are the ones with their livelihood effected by people seeing their posts and products. In other words, if the vendors like it, then I like it.