Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Enthusiast

How many people got the GT?

Most posts are toward the ACR and TA and I never see posts about the GT. So who has them on here and why did you but them?

I bought my GT because I don't track my cars (am debating starting to though) and never used my 2000 ACR for the track. I do a fair amount of straight line 1/4 runs and felt it has less down force, is lighter and was cheaper. I'm rarer on this forum in that I don't like the aero, especially the big wing so for aesthetics I couldn't justify the ACR even if in budget.

The GT just seemed to have features I would have wanted and seemed like a fair compromise between the SRT and GTS. I like that it has the stop tech brakes, like some of the creature comforts, got the matte black light weight side winder wheels and the nice 18 HK audio. I'm another rare person who likes the GTS hood as well. So those were my factors in choosing my viper. Any other GT owners here with similar or different reasons?

7t
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator02 View Post
    Most posts are toward the ACR and TA and I never see posts about the GT. So who has them on here and why did you but them?

I bought my GT because I don't track my cars (am debating starting to though) and never used my 2000 ACR for the track. I do a fair amount of straight line 1/4 runs and felt it has less down force, is lighter and was cheaper. I'm rarer on this forum in that I don't like the aero, especially the big wing so for aesthetics I couldn't justify the ACR even if in budget.

The GT just seemed to have features I would have wanted and seemed like a fair compromise between the SRT and GTS. I like that it has the stop tech brakes, like some of the creature comforts, got the matte black light weight side winder wheels and the nice 18 HK audio. I'm another rare person who likes the GTS hood as well. So those were my factors in choosing my viper. Any other GT owners here with similar or different reasons?
    Very similar reasons for getting my GT. it's my daily driver as well. Only options gunmetal pearl paint and matte black venom wheels.

I have a GT... Wanted the two mode suspension and some of the stuff that GTS comes with but didn't care for the GTS itself.

ACR's rear spoiler is not my cup of tea even though it's functional. TA's are very nice but just didn't find a white one. So GT with sidewinder wheels was a very good choice for me.

Enthusiast
    28 Srt GT built so far for 2016

Enthusiast
    Does anyone know the weight of the GT? I can't even find reviews of this model online.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by donk_316 View Post
    28 Srt GT built so far for 2016
    Sweet guess it's rarer than a 1 of 1 and the resale will be very high since it's so exclusive lol.

Enthusiast
    What color is yours? Assuming its a 2016

Enthusiast
    It's a 2015 black with the black side winders and 18 speaker Harmon kardon sound system. It's getting paint corrected right now so will post some pictures after the correction. I'm in Detroit so the weather isn't great. I'm doing a two step correction and cquartz since that really makes black paint pop.

Enthusiast
    Who is doing your paint correction/protection please?

Enthusiast
    Andy's (ViperExchange) comp blue 9-second all motor car is a GT.

Enthusiast
    2015-GT here. I bought mine because I had been saving for a Viper since high school and took 10 years to save up for, the GT was just more reasonable for me to actually be able to get in the now. In regards to the features, I would agree, it was a good balance between bare-bone and having everything. I'm not sure of the weight. Also, (in my opinion) can't see the additional vents on the hood for the SRT/TA models as eye appealing as some do, not that it looks horrible, I personally just like can't get my mind to truly like it.

-Jordan

Enthusiast
    I got a 2016 GT. The combo of creature comforts with the right wheels (SW2's), the right color and right price made me pull the trigger. Had I waited any longer I probably would have just ordered an ACR, but I love the car. I loving just cruising around town and I drive it more often than my Flex now.

I've never tracked but am about to go do Skip Barber in a month, so that may change. I've been looking into doing an HPDE just to get an idea of what this car is actually capable of.

That all being said, I think I will probably get some limited aero bits, like TA1.0 style most likely in the future. I think it adds a little bit of extra edge to it.

GTS is the way to go, got all the bells and whistles. ACR-E sounds cool but no carpet, limited radio, not as comfortable and need to replace tires once per year. If you're a track rat it makes perfect sense but there's a 90% chance you're not and you're looking for a street car.

I like when they teased the GT with that stryker green color and wing that didn't exist at the time. Good times.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by quickster2 View Post
    Who is doing your paint correction/protection please?
    Auto lavish in Troy. Marc does a lot of high end cars. Great guy.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Policy Limits View Post
    GTS is the way to go, got all the bells and whistles. ACR-E sounds cool but no carpet, limited radio, not as comfortable and need to replace tires once per year. If you're a track rat it makes perfect sense but there's a 90% chance you're not and you're looking for a street car.

I like when they teased the GT with that stryker green color and wing that didn't exist at the time. Good times.
    The ACR doesn't have a limited radio at all, and the carpeting is so easy to install.

Quote Originally Posted by Policy Limits View Post
    GTS is the way to go, got all the bells and whistles. ACR-E sounds cool but no carpet, limited radio, not as comfortable and need to replace tires once per year.
    So......How many times do you have to say that to yourself to actually believe it?.....lol..

Enthusiast
    As Nineball mentioned I have a GT. I love the two vent hood on the solid color Vipers, the track pack brakes, upgraded stereo, power seat, just seemed to have all the options I wanted including the dual mode dampers.

Quote Originally Posted by ViperJon View Post
    So......How many times do you have to say that to yourself to actually believe it?.....lol..
    He really wanted a GT... Hence he is in this thread but he ended up with a GTS. Lol

Enthusiast
    I was going to get the GT mainly because of price. For the price difference between the GTS I could've added the Aero kit and SWII's which I really wanted. Plus the GT has the better seats with the microsuede insert that breathes, instead of the full leathers in the GTS that just induce constant back sweat.

Ended up with a deal on a leftover 2014 GTS though that seemed like I shouldn't resist at the time. If I had my time back I would've got the GT like I had originally planned.
    Last edited by Viktimize; 02-29-2016 at 08:05 AM.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by 2doorrocket View Post
    The ACR doesn't have a limited radio at all, and the carpeting is so easy to install.
    Doesn't have a limited radio? Aren't you the one who spent the money and time to figure out how to replace that little 3 speaker stereo with the HK upgrade?

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by FLATOUT View Post
    As Nineball mentioned I have a GT. I love the two vent hood on the solid color Vipers, the track pack brakes, upgraded stereo, power seat, just seemed to have all the options I wanted including the dual mode dampers.
    Yeah I love the stripe less two vent hood so I was glad if had that along with the stop tech brakes. I'm glad to see they are the same as the track pack as I wasn't sure if it was the same or included the same brake pads. Do you know how much the GT weighs with the side winder wheels a d HK 18 speaker? It's gotta be pretty light.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Viktimize View Post
    I was going to get the GT mainly because of price. For the price difference between the GTS I could've added the Aero kit and SWII's which I really wanted. Plus the GT has the better seats with the microsuede insert that breathes, instead of the full leathers in the GTS that just induce constant back sweat.

Ended up with a deal on a leftover 2014 GTS though that seemed like I shouldn't resist at the time. If I had my time back I would've got the GT like I had originally planned.
    My 2014 GTS has the Micro-Suede seats, not all have the full leather. I also prefer it for the same reason of heat and the two tone/two material combo looks better IMO...
    Last edited by cplabaunza; 02-29-2016 at 02:21 PM.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator02 View Post
    Yeah I love the stripe less two vent hood so I was glad if had that along with the stop tech brakes. I'm glad to see they are the same as the track pack as I wasn't sure if it was the same or included the same brake pads. Do you know how much the GT weighs with the side winder wheels a d HK 18 speaker? It's gotta be pretty light.
    At's lighter than a TA 1.0 due to the hollow sway bars, and the stoptech rotors. This was another reason I went with a GT.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by FLATOUT View Post
    Which you then tossed in the corner, lol.

For me, I bought what was available(right now) with the bare options I had to have, the new for 15 Comp Blue, and the SRT 6 vent hood. I also wanted the track pack brakes and SW2 wheels with Corsas, but would have bought this car anyway and added them after. If I had patience, which I don't, or if I had the brilliant idea to buy a Viper in winter, it would have been a Comp Blue TA1(which I didn't even know was available, and thought I would have to get a TA2). Thank God the ACR wasn't officially coming out yet, or there would have been more to second guess myself over........

I don't think there is one choice better than another. I really don't. And I don't understand someone saying there is. There is definitely a better choice for you, but not a one size fits all.
    GTS all the bells and whistles
    GT most bells and whistles and a value leader
    SRT best price, and performance per dollar, and in a straight line
    TA1 & 2 track stars
    ACR and ACR-E track annihilators
    1 of 1 mix and match your poison(seen some epic builds come out of this already!)

I think the GT sounds perfect for the OP in this thread, you results may vary. lol

Enthusiast
    I know this is a old post, but I was just searching through Viper review and found this, and remember you asking this question. The weight is on the bottom......

http://www.automobilemag.com/news/go...ree-quarters-3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast