Hi Everyone,

Just placed a deposit for a 2016 ACR. 95% of the use will be track days and driving to/from the track. I have been doing HPDE for the past 3 years and renting race cars for track sessions. Last season I started driving at speeds where g-forces were starting to cause a lot of neck strain (and pain). I have a carbon fiber helmet and it helps somewhat, but I have a herniated disc in my neck and with ACR having much more grip and much higher cornering speeds than cars I was driving previously, I was hoping to put in a halo seat, which would allow me to rest the helmet against the lateral support, thus avoiding neck strain. I spoke to Mark Jorgensen @ Woodhouse yesterday and he told me that most racing seats would not fit, and having a slider is out of the question due to limited height. There are a few other limitations. One is that I dont really want to start cutting interior pieces to make a racing seat fit. Another one is that whatever seat I get needs to be compatible with a HANS device.

At this point I am sh1tting bricks because without the halo seat every track session in the ACR will result in a lot of pain and misery in the following week. I am really doing this for fun and enjoyment, so the less pain I endure the better.

I found 2 other posts about racing seats here, but they refer to Gen 4 and/or VCC setups and I have no idea how similar/different cockpits are between Gen 4 and 5 (let alone VCC). Those posts mention Race Tech seats, so I looked a their web site. I am 5'11" and 35 waist, so unfortunately I am right in the center of their sizing chart (meaning its not clear if I need their Standard, Tall or Wide & Tall option. And of course their nearest dealer is 358 miles away from me.

Does anyone have any suggestions/recommendations?

Eugene