Enthusiast

Actual Track Time at NOLA???

I know it was discussed earlier, and I hope someone can correct me as I can't find news about actual track time at NOLA for those that want serious time there? Just trying to clarify if there will be a set day for serious track rats to go out and play and I realize there will be an extra charge for this. Rumors months back were for Sunday, the last day, but I have not seen any more news. Sure hope we will be able to run the track like a NASA HPDE or even Time Trials , based on experience levels. Sure someone can answer all of this , and looking forward to putting NOLA on my bucket list of tracks I have run?

Thanks so much.
    Last edited by Bill Pemberton; 02-05-2016 at 05:26 PM.

Enthusiast
    Also wondering how much track time for those that do not do Sunday. Also if 1/4 mile drag was added as mentioned.

Enthusiast
    Bill and John,
    Go to the VOA homepage and click one NVE2. Then click on FAQ's. Some answers are there. Nothing on a drag event. Don't know if this is the latest as in the past some events take longer to put together than others. I would suspect there will be an update the closer we get to NVE2. Track FAQ's follow:

TRACK QUESTIONS

Q: How far is the track from the hotel?
    A: About a 20 minute drive.

Q: I’m bringing my track-only Viper. Can I just stay at the track all-3 days and skip the other activities?
    A: No. NVE is intended to be a social event, not a track weekend. We need to allow time for everyone to be on the track.

Q: Are we all on the track at the same time?
    A: No, 1/3 of the total group will be at any given track day. Track sessions will be divided into run groups based upon experience. You should get about four 20 minute run groups on your track day.

Q: My guest and I both want to drive on the track. Is that possible?
    A: Yes. You can share the car during your track session.

Q: If I don’t bring my Viper, are there other things to do at the track?
    A: Yes! Go-karting, factory tech sessions, performance driving seminars, Viper race simulator, drag race rides, autocross rides, drifting demos, and road course hot laps from Dodge.

Q: Can one of us go do the go-karts while the other runs on the track?
    A: Yes.

Q: Is one of the days an open track day?
    A: No.

Q: Is the track open to spectators?
    A: Spectators may access the track facility, but only in public areas

Enthusiast
    Great --- had not seen that and sounds great to have 4 twenty minute sessions!!

are they going to let roadsters on the course?

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr White View Post
    are they going to let roadsters on the course?
    Yes. And shorts and T shirts are ok. You just need a helmet of which they will have some loaners available. This and more are outlined in the packet that went out last week.

Enthusiast
    hopefully everyone got enough and had a good time!

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013

Judging by 95% of people leaving the track early.... that was a good sign. People got more track/autocross/karting than they could handle. By 3pm, it seemed most people were done. We got a lot of fantastic feedback, as typically track days are no more than a couple parade laps and 2-3 spins on the autocross. We'll keep this recipe for next time, I think everyone got their fill.

Specific to track helpers, I again want to take this opportunity to thank Kurt Robinson, Alex Macevicius, and Matt Terrico (and there were also others who helped in places as well). But these 3 really made this track day work and put their heart into it. They helped with planning, setup, and worked ALL THREE days of NVE... I shared their pain going to bed early each day and getting a 4:45am wake up call to get to the track in the mornings. These are the reasons this club is what it is - you need a few crazy people willing to go above and beyond - and these three are CRAZY! ;.)

Thanks all for the feedback, and thank to these three for all the hard work! It's even better when you also manage to hit the homerun after putting in the work, and they sure did. Kudos!

Enthusiast
    Great time but I would concur that we were tracked out! In a good way. But we had a great time and were plenty exhausted.

One would have to be a hardcore track rat to want more, IMO.

Thank you to all involved. Emily and I had such a great time.