Thread: Building

Enthusiast

Building

How many Days does it take to built a viper?

I WANT MY CAR

I called SRT TEAM they said delivery Jan 22, and its still on D1. Plus Shipping from America to Kuwait takes 25 to 45 Days! How will the car get here on Jan 22!

SRT is gona make go crazy

Why can't SRT be like other factories which are on time and helpful and know what the hell they talking about. I keep checking on my car every week and every time the say we will call back or check in with us next week (which they never do). Imagine they told me last week they will call me on Monday, and no one did so i called them and the answering machine said they are on Christmas break! What kind of company that doesn't know if they are on Holiday or not and giving promises which they can't keep.

Why isn't Ralph Gilles getting informed or he checking on his employes or the factory how they doing or anything! i swear he's down grading the reputation of SRT by all these problems.

Enthusiast
    Screw the Viper. Is that your boat in the picture on your signature??? I want to go for a ride in that..>LOL.. Looks fun. What are the details on it?

Enthusiast
    lol I've been waiting for the the viper a long time! This is a 30ft Cobra Terminator. It won First Place 1996 World Champion and 1997 Second and 1999 First place.

Enthusiast
    I think It takes three days to build a Viper. At least the GEN IV's. Just because you are in D1 status doesn't mean you're getting built next week. From what I have seen these things take time. It will be worth the wait.

bad news now is the plant is shut down for the next few weeks

Takes three days to build; took 1/2 year to get. But now I think they can get it done in like 4 months I hear

They start six builds per day I believe

Quote Originally Posted by MKALSABAH View Post
    How many Days does it take to built a viper?

I WANT MY CAR

I called SRT TEAM they said delivery Jan 22, and its still on D1. Plus Shipping from America to Kuwait takes 25 to 45 Days! How will the car get here on Jan 22!

SRT is gona make go crazy

Why can't SRT be like other factories which are on time and helpful and know what the hell they talking about. I keep checking on my car every week and every time the say we will call back or check in with us next week (which they never do). Imagine they told me last week they will call me on Monday, and no one did so i called them and the answering machine said they are on Christmas break! What kind of company that doesn't know if they are on Holiday or not and giving promises which they can't keep.

Why isn't Ralph Gilles getting informed or he checking on his employes or the factory how they doing or anything! i swear he's down grading the reputation of SRT by all these problems.
    My dealer wrote the sales document with a delivery "no later than the 15th of January" . And now, I hope the car arrives before April. No wonder Vipers are very rare in the Middle East. If I went to the Lamborghini dealer, he would deliver me an Aventador Anneverasrio edition in two days. Oh Well.
    Last edited by ieem01172; 12-24-2013 at 02:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ieem01172 View Post
    My dealer wrote the sales document with a delivery "no later than the 15th of January" . And now, I hope the car arrives before April. No wonder Vipers are very rare in the Middle East. If I went to the Lamborghini dealer, he would deliver me an Aventador Anneverasrio edition in two days. Oh Well.
    Ironically, I've seen more Aventadors on the road in my metropolitan area than Gen V Vipers.

Enthusiast
    What did you order? Maybe some of the options you picked are on backorder/hold? I wouldn't order another Viper, especially with all of the built ones sitting at dealerships. Should be easy to find something similar or even identical, already built, and discounted pricing. www.viperexchange.com for example.

iirc, italy is a little closer to Kuwait than Detroit as well....

Quote Originally Posted by kdaviper View Post
    iirc, italy is a little closer to Kuwait than Detroit as well....
    True .
    Here is the issue, people who buy vipers should be treated with utmost importance. The vast majority of people (in the Middle East )think that the viper is like a base corvette (not bashing on the vette) , or even worse , a pony car. Dealers should treat their customers in the same manner as that of the Bentley dealer( makes you feel like you're his only customer, no questions asked)

To dealers : Make me wanna buy the damn car !