Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Enthusiast
    Looking good Todd!

Quote Originally Posted by VENOM V View Post
    Hi guys,

I installed a roll bar fabricated by Ross Murray of Exoticraft in SoCal. It is a beautiful piece, very strong and looks almost factory. It mounts to factory holes in the frame, with the exception of two holes that you must drill out to enlarge them. It just touches the headliner without crushing it, just what I wanted. It is also safely a few inches behind the seat headrest to prevent head contact in the event of collision. Visibility is still pretty good, and plenty of room for luggage.

Ross typicality installs these himself as there is some fabrication work required. He recommends having a fab shop install them, but I'm fairly handy so I did it myself. Here are some pics of the finished product. I'll follow with another post with step by step photos.

IMG_1142 by solomontodd, on Flickr

IMG_1143 by solomontodd, on Flickr

IMG_1147 by solomontodd, on Flickr

How much for the roll bar?

Enthusiast
    Thanks for pushing the thread back to the top.

They must not want to sell any. All I have hearing is crickets chirping

Enthusiast
    roll bar gen V ACR.jpg

Hi Guys, Just resurrected this thread after a mate sent me a link to the custom roll bar that is in the OP in that it might be a good idea to have. But then managed to find another photo from someones build showing the integral roll bar that all Gen V's have and which would be just above this custom roll bar. It doesn't therefore make any sense to me why anyone would install this "custom" roll bar just under the factory one. Maybe its like wearing 2 condoms?? LOL

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by stradman View Post
    It doesn't therefore make any sense to me why anyone would install this "custom" roll bar just under the factory one. Maybe its like wearing 2 condoms?? LOL
    The question is, what do you feel comfortable with in a roll over accident at an initiating speed of 140 mph? A roll over bar with no bracing and unknown wall thickness and strength, or the one that the OP installed ? Is the factory roll over bar designed for race speeds or just for the NHTSA roll over test at 15 mph? Likely somewhere in between.

Its really is a matter of what meets the driver's safety versus risk equation, plus what any event organizer's requirements are.
    Last edited by AZTVR; 01-02-2017 at 09:23 AM.

not to mention he needs it to run with the group he wants to run in
    THE IGNORE FEATURE WORKS, TRY IT...

Enthusiast
    Well to my eyes at least factory one looks as substantial, if not more so than the "custom" roll bar. Of course if you need to have one exposed and they won't accept photo documentary proof that there is one under there, in order to run with your group then fair enough I guess...

Enthusiast
    On the other hand if one is racing then I would suggest a full cage would probably be more appropriate. But for tracking I personally would be happy to accept the factory one. Btw anyone have any experience, seen or heard any of the latest Vipers flippin over on track anywhere? I would have thought that an ACR with all that downforce would probably take quite a lot to get it to flip on track. Just saying....

seriously, why do they bother with seat belts ?
    THE IGNORE FEATURE WORKS, TRY IT...

Would like to hear an answer to this...I probably won't track mine but if I'm heading to the grocery store-one mile away-and want to set my own record, I need to know the top speed of a 90 degree turn without flipping it over! LOL...

Quote Originally Posted by stradman View Post
    On the other hand if one is racing then I would suggest a full cage would probably be more appropriate. But for tracking I personally would be happy to accept the factory one. Btw anyone have any experience, seen or heard any of the latest Vipers flippin over on track anywhere? I would have thought that an ACR with all that downforce would probably take quite a lot to get it to flip on track. Just saying....

Enthusiast
    I don't think downforce will be a factor if you go off the track sideways.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by fuggles View Post
    I don't think downforce will be a factor if you go off the track sideways.
    Yes I guess, so particularly if you hit or side swipe a curb awkwardly at high speed.

Enthusiast
    You will NEVER regret extra protection for your head or any other body part in a car.

Does that mean you "need" it? You tell me.

But most tracks wouldn't accept a photo as proof. If their tech can't physically touch the roll bar then you don't have one. (In those groups of course. Other times you just need a roof, and for HPDE often times verts are fine.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12