Thread: Mohave Mile

Enthusiast

Mohave Mile

Has anyone done the Mohave Mile or Mohave Magnum (1.5 miles)? Next event is April 9-10. I did 161 in a 1/2 mile here in AZ and the mile looks interesting.

Rule book has some gray areas regarding convertibles - which I have - so need to get clarification regarding if a 2009 Viper would be able to run without adding a roll bar.

Regards,

John

Did this event 2 years ago, fun bucket list event that all gearheads/racers should do especially in high horsepower cars like ours to see how flatout fast these beasts are. You'll get anywhere from 6-12 runs per day depending on how many show up...better to do this in the Spring in my opinion as temps won't be crazy hot as the later events.

Your convertible will require a rollbar and they are pretty thorough with their tech inspections.

See the FAQ and rule book section here for further details.
    http://www.mojavemile.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    Has anyone done the Mohave Mile or Mohave Magnum (1.5 miles)? Next event is April 9-10. I did 161 in a 1/2 mile here in AZ and the mile looks interesting.

Rule book has some gray areas regarding convertibles - which I have - so need to get clarification regarding if a 2009 Viper would be able to run without adding a roll bar.

Regards,

John

I know my buddy is being his p1,f12,675lt and 458 speciale. Another said he is going and is bringing his p1 and La Ferrari. And possible another LaFerrari, Bugatti and 918. And most likely I will show up and hang out.

Enthusiast
    I am entered with my 2014 GTS. I know entries closed very early and I think they only take 125 cars. They said that this year they will take times at the 1/2 mile, 1 mile , and the 1 1/2 mile. I am running in SSE class and I see an F12, a couple of Nissan GTRs, a Maserati Ghibli and a bunch of others. They also have what must be a heavily modified RT-10 running in class A3 (to 230 mph). It looks like it will be a fun weekend.

Enthusiast
    Good luck and have fun! Please provide a full report as I may now target the fall date. From what I can tell, I will need to find a hardtop to put on my Vert to run. Hoping I can find one to borrow as I never (hardly ever) drive the Viper with even the vert top up.

Enthusiast
    Hey Rocket, I had Dan Cragin add steel roll hoops to my vert so I could race at Chuckwalla couple weeks back. They look nearly as good as the OEM hoops but actually provide protection. Will try to send you some pics when I get back to my desk. Traveling this weekend. You might try these, or Dan or Eddie can hook you up with a roll bar that isnt too difficult to remove when you're not racing.

Did the Mojave Mile last year. Great group of people. The only downside is it takes 2-3 hours waiting inline to make a run. If this is your 1st time you are limited to less than 175mph on your 1st run. If you go 1 mile over they may kick you out. After that you are unlimited.