Enthusiast

Calvo Motoospots Gen V 1/2 mile record!!!

Day started out kind of rocky since the runway was SUPER dusty this am. But got a little better thru out the day. With quiet a few passes with traction issues we where able to reach our goal. Still very dusty. What you see coming off the back of the viper is the cloud of dust lol.

We ran 176mph with traction issues, 178 the next pass,179 the next pass and then FINALLY 180.7 mph!!!!! Goal is to try and Best that tomorrow!!!

This is STOCK gen V motor with VERY Hard miles on it lol our Fuel system and Our turbo kit.

- - - Updated - - -

Dont know why video is so little.. if you click on it, it should open up

Congrats!!! Way to represent

That's hauling ass. Well done!

Enthusiast
    What kind of power is the car making on the boost setting you guys were on for those runs?

Enthusiast
    I firmly believe it is due solely to the color and number on the side. I love it.

Well done. That will be rad if you best it.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Urbamworm View Post
    What kind of power is the car making on the boost setting you guys were on for those runs?
    Approx 1000rwhp

- - - Updated - - -

this is with only wastegate spring boost 1-3 gear since the runway was horrible!!!

Enthusiast
    Congrats Guys! What was the previous Gen V record?

Enthusiast
    I have no idea lol.. I haven't seen or heard of a faster one.
    Last edited by mike@calvomotorsports; 11-14-2015 at 06:53 PM.

Awesome job! We need more GEN V TT Vipers out there!

Enthusiast
    180mph in the halfmile is flying ! What sort of cooling upgrades have you made to that orange beast ?

Enthusiast
    dayum

180mph in the 1/2 mile is faaaaast. What do you think she will do in the mile?

Congrats. I hope to see you guys start running with the big dogs in the next few years. UGR TT-Hurracan went 238 at the event.

I believe the Viper can do it. 2500whp or something like that was needed to hit that speed.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Disturbed View Post
    Congrats. I hope to see you guys start running with the big dogs in the next few years. UGR TT-Hurracan went 238 at the event.

I believe the Viper can do it. 2500whp or something like that was needed to hit that speed.
    We really don't want to go that fast rwd in a half. They have the advantage of being awd and alot better aero than a viper. Those things roll out. Tony in the gtr went 235. Just crazy
    Last edited by mike@calvomotorsports; 11-16-2015 at 09:13 AM.

I didn't see your updated MPH shared with the class

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ACRucrazy View Post
    I didn't see your updated MPH shared with the class
    actually made a new post about it so i didnt confuse this 1

Quote Originally Posted by mike@calvomotorsports View Post
    We really don't want to go that fast rwd in a half. They have the advantage of being awd and alot better aero than a viper. Those things roll out. Tony in the gtr went 235. Just crazy
    If they had a half mile that was fully prepped it would be possible. Not on those shitty runways. They are all dusty, awd dominates.

Well not sure if anyone updated it, but ill just leave this here......backed up by another 185 and two 183 passes!!!!!!!!!
    185.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by NoMorZR1 View Post
    180mph in the halfmile is flying ! What sort of cooling upgrades have you made to that orange beast ?
    None, the car is bone stock minus our turbo kit, motec, PHR fuel system and clutch.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by mike@calvomotorsports View Post
    Day started out kind of rocky since the runway was SUPER dusty this am. But got a little better thru out the day. With quiet a few passes with traction issues we where able to reach our goal. Still very dusty. What you see coming off the back of the viper is the cloud of dust lol.

We ran 176mph with traction issues, 178 the next pass,179 the next pass and then FINALLY 180.7 mph!!!!! Goal is to try and Best that tomorrow!!!

This is STOCK gen V motor with VERY Hard miles on it lol our Fuel system and Our turbo kit.
    That was some sketchy shit out there the first half of the day. Glad you finally got it to hook up on Sunday!!